or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Next wave of Apple hardware shipments expected

Next wave of Apple hardware shipments expected

post #1 of 41
Based on information from industry contacts, it's expected that Apple this week will begin shipping to dealers several new consumer hardware offerings. Specifically, sources are expecting new iMac G5 and eMac G4 systems. However, revised iBooks are not expected to be part of this next wave of product announcements. Still, unconfirmed reports indicate that the current line of iBooks could see some form of price reduction in the next few weeks.
post #2 of 41
Yay! Pole position.
This weeks objective: Cancel Mac mini order. Order revised eMac SD.
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads - Dave Lister.
post #3 of 41
Guess I have to wait until October for the next iBook revision. That's 6 mos away.

But looking forward to the new rev. B iMacs. I hope they'll come with price drops, too.
post #4 of 41
A boost for the iMac and eMac are called for, so congrats to them. A faster two-inch thick chiclet is that much more attractive to me, but woe is me for not having that kind of cash.

Here's to hoping the eMac, for one, is not allowed to stagger like that again. Even the iBook's stagnation is questionable. There has to be something they can do with it even if the G4 CPU cannot be boosted for market reasons. Hard drive space. Memory. The GPU. The damn cosmetic issues, like the space bar. Since they're doing nothing about that, they had better drop prices.
post #5 of 41
Apple hw. heh
post #6 of 41
Phew thankfully the bank decided to hold my IRS refund instead of depositing it immediately (don't know why i didn't do direct deposit), otherwise I would have gotten a new mac this weekend.

Now I will just wait till next weekend!!
post #7 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Republic

Here's to hoping the eMac, for one, is not allowed to stagger like that again. Even the iBook's stagnation is questionable. There has to be something they can do with it even if the G4 CPU cannot be boosted for market reasons. Hard drive space. Memory. The GPU. The damn cosmetic issues, like the space bar. Since they're doing nothing about that, they had better drop prices.

What's wrong with the space bar?
post #8 of 41
It isn't flush with the rest of the space bar, so it's lower on the left side than the surrounding keys, and is higher on the right. It seems to be true on my model and more recent models in the Apple store.
post #9 of 41
Quote:
It isn't flush with the rest of the space bar, so it's lower on the left side than the surrounding keys, and is higher on the right. It seems to be true on my model and more recent models in the Apple store.

Hadn't noticed that. Don't have an Apple keyboard here to check it out. I'll have to take a look at the one's on display at the store.
post #10 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by nathan22t
Apple hw. heh

yup more like "...new Apple CandyWare shipments are expected soon..."

go the iMac and eMac updates 8)

but iBook has had the most predictable update cycle, a decent and reliable once-every-sixer cycle. what be happenin? price drops with 512mb ram standard if they don't change anything else is my guess
post #11 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Bart Smastard
Hadn't noticed that. Don't have an Apple keyboard here to check it out. I'll have to take a look at the one's on display at the store.

I was a bit surprised myself when I got mine. The iBook G3s with this shell design don't even have this problem, but the G4s always have, I think.

Which reminds me: the 12-incher doesn't have its battery flush with the unit, which also appears to be G4-era only. A thousand bucks for relatively bad fit and finish is a ripoff, as good as the iBook G4 is.
post #12 of 41
Quote:
I was a bit surprised myself when I got mine. The iBook G3s with this shell design don't even have this problem, but the G4s always have, I think.

Which reminds me: the 12-incher doesn't have its battery flush with the unit, which also appears to be G4-era only. A thousand bucks for relatively bad fit and finish is a ripoff, as good as the iBook G4 is.

for the amount of abuse my iBook G4 933mhz has taken, the casing holds up pretty well and have never noticed the space bar problem, just examined it, nope, no problems there...

i have given up on the battery sitting flush with the unit though, every bloody iBook g4 i've owned/ seen/ pawed/ pawned doesn't have it flush...
post #13 of 41
Sorry for stupid post, I really hope they bring new iMacs. TS specs weren't bad.
"Respect my authoritaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
"Respect my authoritaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"
post #14 of 41
Good info, thanks. Ready to get an iMac as soon as it is available. 8)
post #15 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by fieldor
Lets hope this WAVE won't hit the coasts. We don't want a disaster like 4months ago.

Dude... that was lame
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #16 of 41
512 ram on all models. some day
post #17 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by ZO
Dude... that was lame

To put it mildly. Extremely offensive might have been a better description.
post #18 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by alliancep.s.i
512 ram on all models. some day

Sure, a few years from now when 1 GB of RAM is needed.

Come on Tuesday, come on Tiger-shipped Mac minis!
/* styling for my posts */
.intelligence {display: none;}
/* styling for my posts */
.intelligence {display: none;}
post #19 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by IonYz

Come on Tuesday, come on Tiger-shipped Mac minis!

i am surprised that Apple didn't "go big" and announce Tiger shipping as standard on ALL new macs.

the only macs shipping with Tiger are the new PM G5s.
Trying hard to think of a new signature...
Trying hard to think of a new signature...
post #20 of 41
which makes me believe in a completely renewed line-up later today 8)
post #21 of 41
If there is an update today, the update will occur around 8:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #22 of 41
Applestore is down.
post #23 of 41
Down in th uk!

G5 2GHZ Power Mac, iPod Shuffle (1st Gen),iPod Nano (2nd Gen),iPod (5th Gen), Apple TV, Apple TV 2G x2, iPad 2,iPhone 4S, rMBP 15" 2.6

G5 2GHZ Power Mac, iPod Shuffle (1st Gen),iPod Nano (2nd Gen),iPod (5th Gen), Apple TV, Apple TV 2G x2, iPad 2,iPhone 4S, rMBP 15" 2.6

post #24 of 41
Although the USA store is still open. Regular pattern, ROW first, then USA, then new iMac delight?
Appling in Beijing
Appling in Beijing
post #25 of 41
ohhh US store down now...... please be new iMacs....please be new iMacs.
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
for the amount of abuse my iBook G4 933mhz has taken, the casing holds up pretty well and have never noticed the space bar problem, just examined it, nope, no problems there...

i have given up on the battery sitting flush with the unit though, every bloody iBook g4 i've owned/ seen/ pawed/ pawned doesn't have it flush...

I have the janky battery AND the janky space bar. Plus, I think my optical drive is near death.
post #27 of 41
please be new iMacs...... please be new iMacs........
post #28 of 41
The apple page for iMac hardware is showing an option for 2 gHz processor.

http://www.apple.com/imac/

new imacs are at the store!!!!
post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark10ant
please be new iMacs...... please be new iMacs........

you got it mate
post #30 of 41
New iMacs have ATI Radeon 9600 128MB!!!!!
post #31 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by PBG4 Dude
New iMacs have ATI Radeon 9600 128MB!!!!!

The eMacs also have been updated to 9600s (except the base model), the high end superdrive model also has 512MB

The iBooks are looking rather sad now (that's what I'm after buying unfortunately)
post #32 of 41
Gigabit-Ethernet in the iMac has surprised me a bit!

Specs look good though. Airport and BT built-in......

all good!

post #33 of 41
This discussion will now have to be moved to the "Current Hardware" forum - woo hoo!!!

Anyone ordered one yet?
"The white zone is for loading and unloading only."
"The white zone is for loading and unloading only."
post #34 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncharted
The eMacs also have been updated to 9600s (except the base model), the high end superdrive model also has 512MB

The iBooks are looking rather sad now (that's what I'm after buying unfortunately)

iBooks definitely out next few weeks... they'll butt up close against the PowerBook line in terms of value, performance and affordability, but Apple has given the PowerBook some breathing space and enough distinguishing to keep the iBook from cannibalising the PowerBook. at the same time PowerMac g5 line is not quite threatened as much as iMac g5, but it looks like ths 970 FX IIRC in the most recent PowerMac line will be the last of its kind, next PowerMac and XServe revs will be a next-gen G5 chip, 970MP or whatever....
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
iBooks definitely out next few weeks... they'll butt up close against the PowerBook line in terms of value, performance and affordability, but Apple has given the PowerBook some breathing space and enough distinguishing to keep the iBook from cannibalising the PowerBook.

It's difficult to decide what to do, if it's only going to be a minor just-for-the-sake-of-it-because-it's-due update like the PowerMacs then I'm not too fussed, but if it's an all-rounder CPU, GPU, RAM and other goodies, like this iMac update then it's worth waiting for.
post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncharted
It's difficult to decide what to do, if it's only going to be a minor just-for-the-sake-of-it-because-it's-due update like the PowerMacs then I'm not too fussed, but if it's an all-rounder CPU, GPU, RAM and other goodies, like this iMac update then it's worth waiting for.

It will be, wait for it. Its pointless getting an iBook right now, seems very likely they will updated shortly
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
Idiot, slow down....

- The Tourist, Radiohead
post #37 of 41
So every one agrees that it's best wait to buy an iBook at this point?
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by AreYouShur
So every one agrees that it's best wait to buy an iBook at this point?

yes
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by hmurchison
yes

Last time I bought a computer something better came out the next day.
post #40 of 41
Quote:
Originally posted by AreYouShur
Last time I bought a computer something better came out the next day.

please buy one today
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Next wave of Apple hardware shipments expected