Originally posted by segoviusUpdate: seems that it was the Red Cross that informed the US of the ongoing abuse.
You don't think that 'Red' means....commie.....??
Man you are thick:
"But ICRC delegates, who have been granted access to the secretive camp since January 2002, gathered and corroborated enough similar, independent reports from detainees
to raise the issue multiple times with Guantanamo commanders and with Pentagon officials, Schorno said in an interview Wednesday."
I'm sorry, giving the benefit of the doubt to terrorists and suspected terrorists over those the people that are trying to protect my family is not something I'm prepared to do. You nor anyone here has brought anything to light that "proves" wrongdoing.
In fact (Now I know this will send you into convulsions, so prepare) if you look at it very carefully, without your "progressive" lenses on, it seems to prove the notion that AQ and AQ sympathizers are trained to spread these type of accusations. This is stated in the AQ training manual:
The overthrow of the godless regimes and their replacement with
an Islamic regime.
Other missions consist of the following:
1. Gathering information about the enemy, the land, the installations, and the neighbors.
2. Kidnaping enemy personnel, documents, secrets, and arms.
3. Assassinating enemy personnel as well as foreign tourists.
4. Freeing the brothers who are captured by the enemy.
5. Spreading rumors and writing statements that instigate
people against the enemy.
6. Blasting and destroying the places of amusement, immorality, and sin; not a vital target.
7. Blasting and destroying the embassies and attacking vital economic centers.
8. Blasting and destroying bridges leading into and out of the
These are their goals, you will have to come to grips with it, before you can move on. I am unclear why we are arguing about offending people that have "Assassinating foreign tourists" in their goal set. Or how about #6 through #8?
Those are lofty goals you are, in essence, defending. Don't have a knipsion fit over what I just stated - I am not saying you are a terrorists supporter. I am saying your stance on these issues may inadvertently have the same effect, though. The terrorists realize there are those among us that will feel sorry for the poor oppressed radical muslim, that will fight to set them free. And many are filling that role without even considering they may be doing exactly what was expected of them.