or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › MacNN reports... "new" Netscape

MacNN reports... "new" Netscape

post #1 of 4
Download it at <a href="ftp://ftp6.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.79/mac/complete_install/Comm4.79_Complete_US.bin" target="_blank">ftp://ftp6.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.79/mac/complete_install/Comm4.79_Complete_US.bin</a>

Apparently, Netscape programmers realized that later versions have become bloated. So, now they can update the old version without worrying about people complaining about dropped features. I'm on IE, myself.
post #2 of 4
Netscape 4 is so passé...
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #3 of 4
A lot of organisations like banks will allow connection using 4.7 but not 6. Aparently they are not happy with the security aspects of the newer browser.
Wll I have my G5 so I am off to get a life; apart from this post...
Wll I have my G5 so I am off to get a life; apart from this post...
post #4 of 4
Ugh, I can't imagine ever using Netscape! I use IE, and it does piss me off now and then, but Netscape is such a slow pig. I can't imagine why anyone would want to use it.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › MacNN reports... "new" Netscape