or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update - Page 3

post #81 of 95
I think I will stick with 10.3.9 until tiger reaches somwhere around 10.4.4
post #82 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by hugodrax

that's just arbitrary.
post #83 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by MacCrazy
iCal does change back to July 17th when you quit - this is a change from Panther

No!!!! This was the only way I knew what day it was. Damn!
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
post #84 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by iShawn
No!!!! This was the only way I knew what day it was. Damn!

Have to use dashboard - or change the clock in the menu bar (no wait that was in OS9).
post #85 of 95
Quote:
Have to use dashboard - or change the clock in the menu bar (no wait that was in OS9).

Dang, looks like I'll just have to downgrade to 9.2
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
post #86 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by iShawn
Dang, looks like I'll just have to downgrade to 9.2

no - have to go to 8.6 for nostalgia - no iTunes back then though!
post #87 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by hugodrax

I have just downgraded to 10.3.9, couldn't bear all the delays, spinning balls, not waking up from sleep and stuff on 10.4.1.
I have submitted a couple of reports to Apple. I hope 10.4.2 or the like comes soon.
\
post #88 of 95
Umm this is really starting to annoy me. I'm waiting for indexing to finish but I can't understand why that would be the reason for this problem:

I Cloned my computer to my external drive, Erase and Installed Tiger. But Migration Assistant doesn't see anything on the drive! WTF why not!! I'm waiting to see if it will when indexing is done (can I cancel that? I wont' need it anyway, and I hope it dynamically updates since I'm deleting ALL that stuff once it's on my computer again.)
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #89 of 95
Under 10.3.9 EVERYTHING was VERY fast on my Mini, but Tiger has made it as slow or slower than my Athalon 1800/384mb windows box...I did an upgrade so I wonder would a clean tiger install help at all or should I go back to 10.3.9?
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #90 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by a_greer
Under 10.3.9 EVERYTHING was VERY fast on my Mini, but Tiger has made it as slow or slower than my Athalon 1800/384mb windows box...I did an upgrade so I wonder would a clean tiger install help at all or should I go back to 10.3.9?

I did a clean install and everything was faster but is now lagging a little under 10.4.1.
post #91 of 95
Quote:
I did a clean install and everything was faster but is now lagging a little under 10.4.1.

thanks for that. it was the same for me, everything is really nice after an erase and install. I'm going to wait a while before the next upgrade.
post #92 of 95
Is there any way to turn off the stupid "This is an application, are you sure you want to download it?" in Safari!?
post #93 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
Is there any way to turn off the stupid "This is an application, are you sure you want to download it?" in Safari!?

Yep, deselect "Open Safe files after downloading"
post #94 of 95
So it either warns you and opens them, or doesn't warn you and doesn't open them? Sounds retarded. Should either warn and not open, or open and not warn. Or something.
post #95 of 95
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
So it either warns you and opens them, or doesn't warn you and doesn't open them? Sounds retarded. Should either warn and not open, or open and not warn. Or something.

No - it should warn if it opens - if it doesn't it'll be on your desktop and will be harmless. If it didn't warn and opened you could download files without noticing - especially if the site auto-downloaded.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.1 Update