or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › StarOffice for Mac: Beyond the blue horizon?

StarOffice for Mac: Beyond the blue horizon?

post #1 of 4
Somewhere over the rainbow? Will it ever see the light o day on our favorite platform?
post #2 of 4
From what I gather, StarOffice is bloated, slow and clunky at this moment. For a freeware excellent word processor, I recommend AbiWord, which is written by a 19 year old linux user I think.
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #3 of 4
[quote]Originally posted by stimuli:
<strong>From what I gather, StarOffice is bloated, slow and clunky at this moment. For a freeware excellent word processor, I recommend AbiWord, which is written by a 19 year old linux user I think.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's not available as an OS X download at this point, is it?

Cheers
Scott
post #4 of 4
MacNN had an article about a month-2 months back about StarOffice for Ma cbeing cancelled. Sorry, try <a href="http://www.hancom.com/en" target="_blank">Hancom Office</a> instead.
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › StarOffice for Mac: Beyond the blue horizon?