or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Help With French Translation

Help With French Translation

post #1 of 13
Could someone translate, both into French AND English, this audio clip. My American ears can't hear whether the pronoun is singular or plural.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #2 of 13
Il les a tués.
He killed them.
post #3 of 13
Thanks!
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
Could someone translate, both into French AND English, this audio clip. My American ears can't hear whether the pronoun is singular or plural.

Note that my french ears canno't make the difference between il and ils. The difference singular and plural come from the verb avoir.
j'ai
tu as
il a
nous avons
vous avez
ils ont.
If it was the plural : ils the sentance should have been :
ils les ont tués.
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally posted by Powerdoc
Note that my french ears canno't make the difference between il and ils. The difference singular and plural come from the verb avoir.
j'ai
tu as
il a
nous avons
vous avez
ils ont.
If it was the plural : ils the sentance should have been :
ils les ont tués.

You know, Powerdoc, ever since I was a kid in high school taking my French, I have been convinced that 90% of all French conversations are people saying either "Wait. Was that singular or plural" or "Wait. When you said 'de' did you mean on, by, about, or for?"

You've just confirmed it for me!
post #6 of 13
I can help you to translate. Where is your translated file?english to french translation
sky
sky
post #7 of 13
I would have to guess that nearly four years later he's either resolved his translation or gone mad.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #8 of 13
I vote for gone mad.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #9 of 13
Guys -- I love you all to death, but the only thing that AI is missing is a full-on JonesTown Kool-Aid festival.

Good night and good luck!

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #10 of 13
Well, that was odd.
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post

Guys -- I love you all to death, but the only thing that AI is missing is a full-on JonesTown Kool-Aid festival.

Good night and good luck!

Is there anywhere we can contact you if we urgently need to be patronised?
post #12 of 13
i think dmz has lost his mind...

regardless, it was flavor aid...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #13 of 13
Funny to see this thread 4 years later. it's seems that Midwinter is not here on AI anymore ?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Help With French Translation