or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anybody Played Grand Theft Auto 3 for PS2?

Anybody Played Grand Theft Auto 3 for PS2?

post #1 of 3
Man, this game is awesome. I think it might be the best thing that happened to PS in a while. I'm am seriously thinking about spending $300 on a PS2. But with the XBox and GC coming out do you guys think the PS2 will drop in price? I haven't owned a console since high school but man I am hooked on GTA3. I'm always at my friends house playing it. Plus most of my friends have PS2 so I could trade games with them.
post #2 of 3
[quote]Originally posted by dolphyjazz:
<strong>Man, this game is awesome. I think it might be the best thing that happened to PS in a while. I'm am seriously thinking about spending $300 on a PS2. But with the XBox and GC coming out do you guys think the PS2 will drop in price? I haven't owned a console since high school but man I am hooked on GTA3. I'm always at my friends house playing it. Plus most of my friends have PS2 so I could trade games with them.</strong><hr></blockquote>

GTA3 is indeed quite excellent. The controls (especially while driving) aren't quite as good as I would like, but the game as a whole is so good I can put up with it.

As for the price of the PS2: Sony has announced that the price will be $299 through the remainder of the year. So it does seem likely that it will drop sometime next year, although I'd be surprised if they dropped it by more than $50 anytime soon.
post #3 of 3
Just after the all GT3 excitement had died down they dropped the price of the PS2 in the UK from £299 to £199 so unless the US PS2 was loads cheaper to begin with more price cuts could be on the way. Especially as it's up against the Xbox & Gamecube in the states (the Xbox isn't coming to the UK until the new year)
It took me ages to find this post without my image sig
It took me ages to find this post without my image sig
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anybody Played Grand Theft Auto 3 for PS2?