or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Political Outsider not on main list?

Political Outsider not on main list?

post #1 of 8
What happened to Appleoutsider being listed on the main forum list?
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
What happened to Appleoutsider being listed on the main forum list?

See also:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/annou...p?s=&forumid=3
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by icfireball
See also:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/annou...p?s=&forumid=3

That thread is locked.
post #4 of 8
AppleOutsider has been changed to Insider Lounge. Political Outsider is a subforum of that forum.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
AppleOutsider has been changed to Insider Lounge. Political Outsider is a subforum of that forum.

That was a terrible choice.
I bet we are losing a lot of people that may have posted in the political forum because they didnt even know it existed.
They should have left things as they were
post #6 of 8
For those that browse via View New Posts, it's visible most of the time.

An arbitrary hierarchy isn't a great way to browse current topics anyway. So much burrowing down and back up again to the next forum.

The only drawback being once a thread gets too old or inactive, you won't see it listed.

Personally, I think View New Posts ought to be the default view, with a nice big link to the hierarchical view.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
For those that browse via View New Posts, it's visible most of the time.

An arbitrary hierarchy isn't a great way to browse current topics anyway. So much burrowing down and back up again to the next forum.

The only drawback being once a thread gets too old or inactive, you won't see it listed.

Personally, I think View New Posts ought to be the default view, with a nice big link to the hierarchical view.

I agree.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq

...but I also realize that goes against every web forum's standard out there.

So I won't hold my breath
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Political Outsider not on main list?