or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Miss Universe 2005

Miss Universe 2005

post #1 of 20
We're number 1!. Miss Canada is crowned Miss Universe 2005. Go figure? She's hot. But canadians generally aren't considered sexy. Boring maybe. Its very odd, because beauty pagents are frowned upon in canada. Miss Canada pagent is not even televised. No one knows who she is. We're really apethetic to the whole thing. So I find it strange she won.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050531/...VrBHNlYwNlbg--
post #2 of 20
She does appear to be a beautiful girl.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...xbk11505310321
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #3 of 20
Miss Mexico got robbed

most of the girls were far more attractive than Canada
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #4 of 20
From what I saw on the slide show, I will disagree. Now, as far as I'm concerned they are all pretty hot (except for China, who looked like a 3rd grade student), but this is a contest that's about picking nits. Canada seemed to have the most proportionate body, although she is perhaps a bit busty. Of course, that's excepted these days. Miss Mexico's hips were too wide for her shoulders. I don't think that Canada had the prettiest face, but it's hard to tell when it's buried under all that make-up: same goes for all of the candidates.

I'm guessing, by her name, that she's a daughter of Russian immigrants. Usually they drop the genderized last name after the first generation.
Cat: the other white meat
post #5 of 20
I agree, I was hoping Mexico would win it too. At least the winner was from North America. Although, I do wish there were more Arabian and/or Persian women in these contests - I find them quite sexy.
MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

MacBook Pro 15" (Unibody)/2.4GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250GB HD/SuperDrive
iMac 20"/2 GHz Core 2 Duo/2 GB RAM/250 GB/SuperDrive
PowerBook G4 12"/1 GHz/1.25 GB RAM/60GB/Combo
iMac G3 333 MHz/96 MB...

post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by DanMacMan
I agree, I was hoping Mexico would win it too. At least the winner was from North America. Although, I do wish there were more Arabian and/or Persian women in these contests - I find them quite sexy.

Amen to that.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #7 of 20
Can we really make the conclusion "the Canadian chicks are hot" based on a Russian born miss winning this game?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
How many problems have you modified or originated in the past 1 day?
post #8 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Amen to that.

I always fancied a belly dancer too
post #9 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Giaguara
Can we really make the conclusion "the Canadian chicks are hot" based on a Russian born miss winning this game?

I think you were the first in the thread to make that quote.
post #10 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Giaguara

You know you wouldn't be adverse to it if the nation was changed to Italy.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #11 of 20
Quote:

Indian women are quite beautiful.
post #12 of 20
he heh this is sounding like that scene in The Office (US version) with Diversity Day....

hmmm, let's celebrate our diversity... name a race that you are sexually attracted to...

hmmm
i'll go... caucasian (especially natural redheads) and mediterranean
post #13 of 20
I liked Malaysia. The only attractive Asian in the bunch. God Singapore was so gawd buttugly anorekskeletor.
post #14 of 20
Quote:

Isn't Arabian and Persian women beauty contestants a contradiction in terms? I mean they're strict muslim fundamentalists. Real conservatives! They won't be parading around in a bikini. Hell, you won't even see their face behind that veil.
post #15 of 20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DanMacMan

Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
Indian women are quite beautiful.

yall aint never lie 8)

Miss Lebanon was nice
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally posted by Kung Fu Guy
Isn't Arabian and Persian women beauty contestants a contradiction in terms? I mean they're strict muslim fundamentalists. Real conservatives! They won't be parading around in a bikini. Hell, you won't even see their face behind that veil.

"Pictures of [Idonesian Miss Universe contestant] Artika in her swimsuit were on the front page of Indonesian newspapers on Friday, drawing criticism from conservative Muslims.

But Artika is not the only contestant from a Muslim nation, with Egypt, Turkey, Nigeria and Malaysia also among those competing and to have entered the swimwear contest in past years."
post #17 of 20

I read this comment online:

"Hugging Miss Singapore would feel like hugging a bag of coat hangers!"

post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostume View Post

Hey people I am new to this post .SO please help me to get more idea about this.
Regards,

Ok...I'll explain it...no probs.

Basically you spam with some lame shit...we report you...you're banned and no-one sees your crap.

Does this help?
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Guy View Post

We're number 1!. Miss Canada is crowned Miss Universe 2005. Go figure? She's hot. But canadians generally aren't considered sexy. Boring maybe. Its very odd, because beauty pagents are frowned upon in canada. Miss Canada pagent is not even televised. No one knows who she is. We're really apethetic to the whole thing. So I find it strange she won.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050531/...VrBHNlYwNlbg--

The date is 2005?
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjukumar1 View Post

That is 2005 Miss Universe

You lie!! What about Miss Tharg from the planet of that name in the constellation of Phtumph? The green one with three heads...imagine that....

Btw...you've won a competition too I hear congrats! It's Lame Ass Scammer 2011 - you get a free ban!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Miss Universe 2005