or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › LoCash

LoCash

post #1 of 53
I know there is/was some bad blood between some people, but I know not everyone migrated over. So I think that I should post this hear for those that didn't yet hear.

Link

Quote:
Everyone,

I have just been informed that Jack Frost IV, aka LoCash, has passed away. His mentor, Ted, got the phone call today and informed some of us. I don't have any details right now but if I hear anything I will post here. Jack was an amazingly kind and creative person, and I'm going to miss him. I have known him for ten years and I can't believe this. I just thought you all should know.

Jason Colman
hrothgar at umich dot edu
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #2 of 53
LoCash, you will be missed!
A.N.!!!!!
A.N.!!!!!
post #3 of 53
Here is Jack's obituary.

Jack Frost IV

Quote:
JACK R. FROST IV, 24, died Saturday. The body will be cremated. Memorial service, 3 p.m. Thursday, H.M. Patterson & Son, Spring Hill.
Published in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on 5/31/2005.
post #4 of 53
24 is way too young. Really horrible news.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #5 of 53
Oh man This is terrible. RIP "LoCash" you will be missed. God bless your friends and family.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #6 of 53
It is a sad day in the macintosh community...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #7 of 53
This is really sad news. As grover said, 24 is way too young to die. My condolences to his family and all his friends.

And yes it's a real sad day for all the Apple community.
post #8 of 53
Awful, terrible news.
post #9 of 53
Jack will be missed. How very sad

Fellows
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #10 of 53
This guy had talent - he told it like it was and he had a wicked sense of humor.

It is terrible news ... and he will be sorely missed.

My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.
less is more
less is more
post #11 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac+
he told it like it was...

I asked him about a web design one time and he told me it was overall good. Then went through each thing and told me how bad it was
post #12 of 53
RIP LoCash
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #13 of 53
This is one of those events that really puts things into perspective. I just came back from the 1st reunion (college) held on the weekend. I think that out of 1150 classmates, none have died yet. But out of my high school class of 72, 2 have died in the past year, one from a freak sports injury and the other from a house fire. I'd be curious to find out how LoCash died. Life is a fragile thing, really, even though it's often hard for us young guys to realize.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #14 of 53
RIP man. 24 is too young. Too young...

I hope this brings an end to any shallow feuds that may still exist.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #15 of 53
This is dreadful news.
meh
meh
post #16 of 53
Wow, that's just awfull, terrible news.
post #17 of 53
Oh my God.

What did he post under here at AI? I vaguely remember M3DJack being one of his names, but I couldn't find a LoCash here at AI.
post #18 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I couldn't find a LoCash here at AI.

LoCash was his username but he got "lost" in the shuffle (nuff said).

RIP to that crazy bastard 'Cash.

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #19 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Splinemodel
This is one of those events that really puts things into perspective. I just came back from the 1st reunion (college) held on the weekend. I think that out of 1150 classmates, none have died yet. But out of my high school class of 72, 2 have died in the past year, one from a freak sports injury and the other from a house fire. I'd be curious to find out how LoCash died. Life is a fragile thing, really, even though it's often hard for us young guys to realize.

Eery. My high school graduating class was also 72. And I know of one of my classmates who died within the past year.
post #20 of 53
Sad.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #21 of 53
Very sad.

I remember LoCash from the old days, seemed like a nice fellow.

RIP

post #22 of 53
LoCash argh... he'll be missed and remembered also...
Lone Wolf
Lone Wolf
post #23 of 53
Wow, this stinks. LoCash rocked.

RIP Locash. You will be missed.
post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Eery. My high school graduating class was also 72. And I know of one of my classmates who died within the past year.

As was mine. I don't think any have died in the recent past...
post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
Oh my God.

What did he post under here at AI? I vaguely remember M3DJack being one of his names, but I couldn't find a LoCash here at AI.

I recall him here at various times and in various guises as:

turborodent
M3DJack
LoCash
plus the occasional gonzo name change during his HST moments.

But after the schism there was a purge, so I doubt you'll find those posts.
Seems petty now. Whatever.

He was a character, and definitely had a wicked sense of humour.
He'll be missed. Many a glass will be raised from across the web.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #26 of 53

post #27 of 53
I know we had some heated arguments... but they were good times

RIP bud... Hope you found your quad g5 before we did

Quote:
The reason why they are analysts is because they failed at running businesses.

Quote:

post #28 of 53
I just got a call from the Grim Reaper. All he said was, "Life's too short". I'm not sure, but I think this is what he meant so I thought I better post it here as well because misunderstandings suck.

Vale Jack.

Despite our past differences, I had a lot of time for you. When I saw this thread last night, I hoped it would turn out to be an elaborate joke. But I knew it wasn't. I gather from something Paul said that Jack had a sister who died and I vaguely recall this being mentioned in the past. The loss of one child is gut wrenching. To lose two is simply too awful to even contemplete. My heart goes out to Jack's parents.

Perhaps something the living can get from this, is a little perspective. That the bitterness of last year was because people cared, because they valued what they had so highly. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking you've lost something irreplaceable until you really do lose something irreplaceable. Passion may result in angry words but what it signifies is far preferable to indifference.

Yeah, passion, that's the word.

Without passion, what you've got is just an internet forum, anonymous names that live only in cyberspace. Add passion, and you get something that straddles the real and cyberspace worlds. The downside, as we're now being painfully reminded, is that reality bites. That's why many, myself included, are having so much trouble getting their heads around this.

Jack had passion in spades. His loss reminds me not to take things for granted.

In spite of whatever words have been exchanged in the past or might be exchanged in the future, I value all the passionate people who have made AI and AN not just internet forums to me but something unique and precious. Words are cheap. Passion is priceless.

I note there's no word from Brad who, as cofounder of AN, I imagine has probably been hit for six by this news. I'm sure somebody's already thought to contact him and is looking out for him. I don't know what to say to Brad except I'm sorry and hang in there. Putting my thoughts into words is proving diffficult at the moment.

Take care all.

Please.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #29 of 53
Yah reality hit home with myself.

I turn 24 in september.

Crazy, I really like what you had to say about passion. It IS what makes this place special and a reason many of us keep returning.

I'm glad I've got to hash it out and learn from all of you.

Quote:

Quote:

post #30 of 53
Very sad news. Condolences to his family.

Rest In Peace Lad...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #31 of 53
AN is organizing flowers and depending on money another gift for his family in honor of him. If you'd like to donate you can from:

http://forums.applenova.com/tribute.html
post #32 of 53
I've just donated, and I hope other people do too. I wasn't a member of A.N., but this site should be able to be for everyone who knew him online, even if they've met him face-to-face like I have. Jack's Internet community was much larger than his "offline community," so it's important that his family knows we care.
post #33 of 53
What can i say, ... unbelievable... sad.
This unique character, gone, ...
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #34 of 53
you hate to hear about this kind of shit about someone, especially when it's a person that you've had some sort of interaction with over the last 4 + years. my condolences to to his friends and family. does anyone know how it happened?
post #35 of 53
as of right now I don't believe anyone from AI or AN knows how it happened...

my apologies if that is incorrect.

post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by rageous
as of right now I don't believe anyone from AI or AN knows how it happened...

my apologies if that is incorrect.

That is correct. Although I think anyone that knew him would have only two suspicions.
post #37 of 53
Hey, life's fragile, really. Could have been anything.
post #38 of 53
God Speed
post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Hey, life's fragile, really. Could have been anything.

Absolutely. I am just saying I have two guesses. We'll wait to hear if we find out what happened.
post #40 of 53
I never got to know LoCash, but I can understand from what he did post on this forum that he was a very intelligent and funny individual. We'll miss you forever.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › LoCash