or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Milton Friedman: Legalize It!

Milton Friedman: Legalize It! - Page 7

post #241 of 368
I was discussing this with someone today, on the other end of the political views spectrum. And we both figured that if all drugs were legalized and strictly regulated by FDA, metered out by doctors, this would be a non issue. Pot could be controlled much like tobacco, the rest to be strictly monitored like most potent drugs.

The penalties for using or selling illegally any regulated drug should be the same, thus enforced under existing laws.

You will still have people crying for more drug rights, so I'm not sure how you make those people happy.

But we would help those that legitimately need the drugs.
post #242 of 368
That's one step closer to reasonable. That is kinda like some other countries laws I think.

The next step to thinking reasonably would to realize that Marijuana is not socially harmful or debilitating as Alcohol and then allow people to grow it themselves . . . soon to be followed by the realization that a certain level of laissex-faire exchange should be allowed as well . . . and there you go . . . no one is hurt, no life sentences for smoke and all is cool . . .
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #243 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
I was discussing this with someone today, on the other end of the political views spectrum. And we both figured that if all drugs were legalized and strictly regulated by FDA, metered out by doctors, this would be a non issue. Pot could be controlled much like tobacco, the rest to be strictly monitored like most potent drugs.

The penalties for using or selling illegally any regulated drug should be the same, thus enforced under existing laws.

You will still have people crying for more drug rights, so I'm not sure how you make those people happy.

But we would help those that legitimately need the drugs.

Why isnt medicinal weed allowed yet the Govt hands it out to people every month? The Police state is Big Business now. Its like a leach on society. Produce's nothing for the nation. They are finding more and more ways to make more folks criminals by passing law after law. Gay's get ready because you are next. This perpetuates the police state. Its what they want. Control, Say so in our lives and of coarse.$$$. Government is about Control. They dont care if they are enforcing assanine Law that makes no sense. The System Grows,& Grows and Grows. The politician beats his chest with the appearence of doing something when in reality he is making things worse for all. Once Govt controls something its not going to give up its authority. Its about control and power for these folks. It then takes a huge act of Congress to undo this mess and with Congress ran by Big business like R.J Reynolds or Anheuiser Bush,Drug companies, Congress will vote their Campaign Pocketbooks everytime.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #244 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
That's one step closer to reasonable. That is kinda like some other countries laws I think.

The next step to thinking reasonably would to realize that Marijuana is not socially harmful or debilitating as Alcohol and then allow people to grow it themselves . . . soon to be followed by the realization that a certain level of laissex-faire exchange should be allowed as well . . . and there you go . . . no one is hurt, no life sentences for smoke and all is cool . . .

I hate to be the one to inject common sense, but smoking pot to get to the medicinal substances contained is like eating willow leaves to get aspirin.

This whole medical MJ argument is just a smoke screen, so to speak. There are highly tested and purified, extracts from MJ that are prescription grade and highly effective. But this fight is about getting high, rather than medicine.
post #245 of 368
Quote:
I hate to be the one to inject common sense, but smoking pot to get to the medicinal substances contained is like eating willow leaves to get aspirin.

This whole medical MJ argument is just a smoke screen, so to speak. There are highly tested and purified, extracts from MJ that are prescription grade and highly effective. But this fight is about getting high, rather than medicine.

and why is getting high illegal again?

Why does the Mommy-State (as you republos like to say) need to keep me from getting high at home or in curcumscibed circumstances?

The argument that you seem to be completely misunderstanding is the one where people of reason question the validity of a law . . .

Why are people going to jail for inhaling substances, and doing so, not under any compylsion, but on their own, through free will . . . Why is it illegal?

The medicinal issue merely highlights the question that stooge-nation will not dare ask
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #246 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by pfflam
and why is getting high illegal again?

Why does the Mommy-State (as you republos like to say) need to keep me from getting high at home or in curcumscibed circumstances?

The argument that you seem to be completely misunderstanding is the one where people of reason question the validity of a law . . .

Why are people going to jail for inhaling substances, and doing so, not under any compylsion, but on their own, through free will . . . Why is it illegal?

The medicinal issue merely highlights the question that stooge-nation will not dare ask

Getting high is not illegal. Possession of a controlled substance is. Much like if you got caught with plastic explosives or uranium.

You can smoke it all you want, it's just when you get caught with it or under the influence of it while, say driving, that it becomes a legal issue. And when you buy it, you are supporting illegal interstate commerce which as a federal offense.

Anyway, it's not as simple as you getting high. There is a whole lot more on the back end.

But once again this whole issue is based purely on the selfish desire to get high. Nothing else. So let's not pretend.
post #247 of 368
Quote:
But once again this whole issue is based purely on the selfish desire to get high. Nothing else. So let's not pretend.

This is complete bullshit, and I will happily explain why.

Due to the way laws are set up, people have no choice but to smoke the stuff (okay they can eat it or whatever but they can't take processed refined medicinal tablets). Drug companies are not allowed to cultivate cannabis and manufacture it into tablet like forms. So it's quite easy to come down on people for smoking it and degrade them, but maybe if the feds actually offered them an ALTERNATIVE that wouldn't be necessary.

As it stands, the FDA does not permit drug companies to process raw cannibis into more traditional and potent pill type forms that allow for the removal of the stimulant properties native to the plants. This means that no matter what laws California sets up, they can't force the drug companies to violate federal law, thus they can't get people the proper medicines cannabis offers without having them use poor delivery systems (smoking et al).

It's not simply about getting high, but saying so without having a solid grasp on all the pieces of the puzzle sure makes it good fodder for those in strict opposition.
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - Albert Einstein

I wish developing great products was as easy as writing a check. If that were the case, then Microsoft would...
post #248 of 368
". . .the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice . . ."
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #249 of 368
Quote:

Wrong again.

Most physicians who prescribe smoking pot are doing it for cancer or AIDS patients whose symptoms include severe nausea and vomiting. For these patients, smoking is a greatly preferred delivery method to oral ingestion. It even stimulates their appetite - getting the "munchies" is a great medical benefit in these cases. Lastly, it has analgesic (pain-releiving) effects not found in the pills you refer to.

Of course, the pharmaceutical industry would much rather see people buying pills with a trademarked brand name and a patented synthetic version of THC, instead of smoking a generic plant which cannot be patented or trademarked.
http://www.marinol.com/home.html
http://www.marinol.com/marinol02.html
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #250 of 368
Quote:
And when you buy it, you are supporting illegal interstate commerce which as a federal offense.

And how exactly does this apply to pot which is grown in California, sold in California, and consumed in California?

This is exactly the point you were refusing to acknowledge a page or two ago, and now you are trying to use it to support your argument?

eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #251 of 368
Pot should be legalized
post #252 of 368
Quote:
But once again this whole issue is based purely on the selfish desire

Everything is based on selfish desire. There are no non-selfish actions.

Also, your comment is just as silly as the following:
"Your desire for ice cream is based purely on the selfish desire to taste creamy sweetness".
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #253 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
Everything is based on selfish desire. There are no non-selfish actions.

Also, your comment is just as silly as the following:
"Your desire for ice cream is based purely on the selfish desire to taste creamy sweetness".

oh yeah . . . let's not forget that 'enlightened self-interest' is the mantra du jour for any self respecting laissez faire conservative . . . . but never mind all tat

Naples just loves the shiny leather boots and the idea of being held in order by the Law
. . . . man . . .
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #254 of 368
Let's break this down, shall we?

1. If someone in my family had AIDS or cancer (some very close did) and the only option left to them for relief was smoking pot, and I had to go get some, I would. I would knowing the risks, the current laws and penalties for breaking them. Make no mistake about it.

However the reality of the matter is there are many legal and more effective and safe methods to achieve the same results as smoking pot. An expert in this field Daniele Piomelli, agrees, and says it's a much too dirty a drug. Robert Gorter, M.D. another expert is doing a clinical trial in Europe to study Marinol against placebo and then compare cannabis against placebo and then cannabis against Marinol for its efficacy, toxicity and so on. He is using a highly controlled extract. It's virtually impossible to control what people ingest when they smoke it.

Point being, there are many experts right now doing research to reproduce the positive effects of smoking MJ without the real health risks of actually smoking MJ. Plus there are a handful of drugs on the market that are a viable alternative to breaking the law.

2. I'm still unclear why we feel freedom is being taken away, when viable alternatives are being made available? The people that have the most to lose here are recreational pot users. The medical field is abuzz with new findings about Cannabidiol (CBD), THC, and the like.
post #255 of 368
Once again, NaplesX ignored FormerLurker's point that MJ is virtually cost free, and these "drugs" NaplesX lauds, are expensive, as all commercial drugs are, and put money into drug companies' pockets. Don't be fooled. This is the real motivation behind the fight against decriminalization.

If these drugs, in injection form perhaps, to avoid the nausea, and including all of the benefits, including "the munchies", were as cheap as pot, then I'd say go for it.

So you see, sometimes pot is the only choice for certain people, because of financial concerns. And it sounds like NaplesX is saying that it's okay for them to break the law, as that's what he would do. Why not change the law instead, to allow these people the only shoice they have -- legally?
post #256 of 368
Quote:

1. If someone in my family had AIDS or cancer (some very close did) and the only option left to them for relief was smoking pot, and I had to go get some, I would. I would knowing the risks, the current laws and penalties for breaking them. Make no mistake about it.

Gotta good source? . . . . do tell pLZ
--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

--George W Bush

--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #257 of 368
Quote:

2. I'm still unclear why we feel freedom is being taken away, when viable alternatives are being made available? The people that have the most to lose here are recreational pot users. The medical field is abuzz with new findings about Cannabidiol (CBD), THC, and the like. [/B]

The problem in the US is that even scientists are restricted in their work with THC. It is illegal to own cannabis period. Even for scientists. All research has to be done elsewhere.

Next thing is to put the planet earth in jail for being able to grow drugs. How dare she not care about our legal system.
post #258 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by jamac
Next thing is to put the planet earth in jail for being able to grow drugs. How dare she not care about our legal system.

Careful now - you are getting Asscroft and Gonzo-Alice way too excited!
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #259 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Once again, NaplesX ignored FormerLurker's point that MJ is virtually cost free, and these "drugs" NaplesX lauds, are expensive, as all commercial drugs are, and put money into drug companies' pockets. Don't be fooled. This is the real motivation behind the fight against decriminalization.

If these drugs, in injection form perhaps, to avoid the nausea, and including all of the benefits, including "the munchies", were as cheap as pot, then I'd say go for it.

So you see, sometimes pot is the only choice for certain people, because of financial concerns. And it sounds like NaplesX is saying that it's okay for them to break the law, as that's what he would do. Why not change the law instead, to allow these people the only shoice they have -- legally?

I'm all for changing the law. But you are missing the point. The law is in place right now. As citizens we have a responsibility to abide by current law, work to change unfair law and promote lawful conduct.

My problem with this argument, is that some claim the current law is stupid, cry for instant gratification by way of full legalization and then poopoo all other alternatives - all the while using the supposed "unfairness" of the law as justification to break it. And let's not ignore the shallow insta-switch between the "don't you want to help the poor/sick?" and the "oppressive nanny-state" arguments.

Law change may be needed, but no-one here seems to care about the problems that would cause. And there are always problems. All that seems to matter is that the option of smoking pot is there. What we are seeing is the idea of freedom without responsibility taking hold.
post #260 of 368
Quote:
Law change may be needed, but no-one here seems to care about the problems that would cause. And there are always problems.

What problems would legalizing marijuana cause? Bear in mind that there are delivery methods that do not involve inhaling carcinogenic smoke, that the extent to which it acts as a 'gateway drug' is primarily due to the social interactions currently necessary to acquire it, and that driving while under the influence of any substance that impairs the ability to drive is and should remain an offence.
post #261 of 368
Quote:

However the reality of the matter is there are many legal and more effective and safe methods to achieve the same results as smoking pot. An expert in this field Daniele Piomelli, agrees, and says it's a much too dirty a drug. Robert Gorter, M.D. another expert is doing a clinical trial in Europe to study Marinol against placebo and then compare cannabis against placebo and then cannabis against Marinol for its efficacy, toxicity and so on. He is using a highly controlled extract. It's virtually impossible to control what people ingest when they smoke it.

Point being, there are many experts right now doing research to reproduce the positive effects of smoking MJ without the real health risks of actually smoking MJ. Plus there are a handful of drugs on the market that are a viable alternative to breaking the law.

2. I'm still unclear why we feel freedom is being taken away, when viable alternatives are being made available? The people that have the most to lose here are recreational pot users. The medical field is abuzz with new findings about Cannabidiol (CBD), THC, and the like.

If it were legal, there would be more controls over how its grown.
For instance, G-13 is Govmnt grade pot and it is cleaner than most of the crap on the street.
I smoke pot for pain when i need to and no Govmnt hack is going to tell me I have to suffer because he happens to prefer getting drunk and doesn't understand marijuana and its possible benefits. (if used properly).

Legal drugs are more dangerous, expensive, and do not work better.
post #262 of 368
Quote:
Legal drugs are more dangerous, expensive, and do not work better. [/B]

I am guessing you mis-typed and meant "illegal drugs are more dangerous".

I use Ventolin for asthema attacks a few times per year. Ventolin has a side effect of death in a small percentage of cases.

Evidently, THC inhalers could do the job just as well with less risk, and they don't get you high (but they still are illegal). So the government thinks that prohibition of MJ is more important than the lives of people with asthema.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #263 of 368
Quote:
I am guessing you mis-typed and meant "illegal drugs are more dangerous".

I use Ventolin for asthema attacks a few times per year. Ventolin has a side effect of death in a small percentage of cases.

Evidently, THC inhalers could do the job just as well with less risk, and they don't get you high (but they still are illegal). So the government thinks that prohibition of MJ is more important than the lives of people with asthema.

Nope, i meant legal drugs are more dangerous......than pot.
post #264 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Nope, i meant legal drugs are more dangerous......than pot.

Ah - I thought that you meant that legal drugs are more dangerous than the same drug when illegal (and made in somebodies basement instead of a drug lab).
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #265 of 368
In doing a little digging prompted by the comment someone made to the effect of "pot has never been linked to any deaths..."

well....

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03.n1712.a11.html

"Britain's most senior coroner is warning that hundreds of young people are dying in accidents caused by their prolonged use of cannabis.

Hamish Turner, the president of the Coroners' Society, said that the drug, which is often portrayed as harmless, has increasingly been behind deaths that have been recorded as accidents or suicides.

In the past year, he estimated that cannabis was a significant contributory factor in about 10 per cent of the 100 cases that he had dealt with in south Devon, where he works.

Conversations with his colleagues led him to believe that the scale of the problem elsewhere in the country was equally bad. "Cannabis is as dangerous as any other drug and people must understand that it kills," said Mr Turner."

The Institute of Medicine did a study that found that the adverse effects of Mj on driver were still present 24 hours after the high was achieved. Thus it would go without saying that it could contribute to highway accidents.

Brookoff D, Cook CS, Williams C, Mann CS. New England Journal of Medicine Aug.25,1994 pp 518- 522. Testing Reckless Drivers For Cocaine and Marijuana. (A total of 175 subjects were stopped for reckless driving, and 150 submitted urine samples for drug testing at the scene of arrest. 59% tested positive. 13% for cocaine, 33% for marijuana, 12% for both.)

"Contrary to popular belief, marijuana has been found to play a significant role in car accidents across the United States with as much as 33% of
drivers arrested at the scene of the accident being positive for marijuana and another 12% testing positive for both marijuana and cocaine (Brookoff, Cook & Mann, 1994; Sonderstrom, Dischinger, Kerns & Trillis, 1995). Every year,
28% of all drivers in the United States will attempt to drive within two hours after ingesting alcohol or illicit drugs. Marijuana is the illicit drug used most often (70%) by drivers who drove after drug use and is a major factor why
motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for American young people (NHTSA, 2000)"

- MARIJUANA AND DRIVING: Going to Pot On the Highway - By Jim Porter, MA, NCACII, LAC

http://www.friendsdrivesober.org/doc...na_driving.doc

"1998, nearly 77,000 people admitted to emergency rooms admitted to using marijuana immediately prior to their injury or accident. This was an increase of more than 373 percent since 1991." - Mid-Year 1998 Preliminary Emergency Department Data From The Drug Abuse Warning Network. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 1998.

Deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers on the road has got to be one of the biggest problems we have here.
post #266 of 368
well, it goes without saying that anything that impairs your ability will affect driving, that goes for all illegal drugs and alcohol.
Liquor is legal, why shouldnt marijuana?
I can go to the liquor store right now, down a bottle of 151 rum and be dead within hours.
How big a bong would I have to smoke to kill me, the size of the empire state building?8)
post #267 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
well, it goes without saying that anything that impairs your ability will affect driving, that goes for all illegal drugs and alcohol.
Liquor is legal, why shouldnt marijuana?
I can go to the liquor store right now, down a bottle of 151 rum and be dead within hours.
How big a bong would I have to smoke to kill me, the size of the empire state building?8)

or just get in a car.
post #268 of 368
Quote:
or just get in a car.

which I wouldn't do.
post #269 of 368
Yes, it is extremely dangerous to drive while on any drug.

However, it must be stated, that marajuana has a much less dangerous effect on drivers than alcohol does, even in very large quantities. This has not been denied in any of the studies posted by NaplesX.

It is safer to drive a car after ten joints than it is to drive after four beers.
post #270 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Yes, it is extremely dangerous to drive while on any drug.

However, it must be stated, that marajuana has a much less dangerous effect on drivers than alcohol does, even in very large quantities. This has not been denied in any of the studies posted by NaplesX.

It is safer to drive a car after ten joints than it is to drive after four beers.

It is unsafe to drive under the influence, period. There is no safe or safer.

What crap.
post #271 of 368
Quote:
It is unsafe to drive under the influence, period. There is no safe or safer.

What crap.

If you can not justify making alchohol illegal based on the driving risk, that means that you are a hypocrit if you demand that mj is illegal for that same reason.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #272 of 368
Quote:
In doing a little digging prompted by the comment someone made to the effect of "pot has never been linked to any deaths..."

well....

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v03.n1712.a11.html

"Britain's most senior coroner is warning that hundreds of young people are dying in accidents caused by their prolonged use of cannabis.

Hamish Turner, the president of the Coroners' Society, said that the drug, which is often portrayed as harmless, has increasingly been behind deaths that have been recorded as accidents or suicides.

In the past year, he estimated that cannabis was a significant contributory factor in about 10 per cent of the 100 cases that he had dealt with in south Devon, where he works.

Conversations with his colleagues led him to believe that the scale of the problem elsewhere in the country was equally bad. "Cannabis is as dangerous as any other drug and people must understand that it kills," said Mr Turner."

The Institute of Medicine did a study that found that the adverse effects of Mj on driver were still present 24 hours after the high was achieved. Thus it would go without saying that it could contribute to highway accidents.

Brookoff D, Cook CS, Williams C, Mann CS. New England Journal of Medicine Aug.25,1994 pp 518- 522. Testing Reckless Drivers For Cocaine and Marijuana. (A total of 175 subjects were stopped for reckless driving, and 150 submitted urine samples for drug testing at the scene of arrest. 59% tested positive. 13% for cocaine, 33% for marijuana, 12% for both.)

"Contrary to popular belief, marijuana has been found to play a significant role in car accidents across the United States with as much as 33% of
drivers arrested at the scene of the accident being positive for marijuana and another 12% testing positive for both marijuana and cocaine (Brookoff, Cook & Mann, 1994; Sonderstrom, Dischinger, Kerns & Trillis, 1995). Every year,
28% of all drivers in the United States will attempt to drive within two hours after ingesting alcohol or illicit drugs. Marijuana is the illicit drug used most often (70%) by drivers who drove after drug use and is a major factor why
motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for American young people (NHTSA, 2000)"

- MARIJUANA AND DRIVING: Going to Pot On the Highway - By Jim Porter, MA, NCACII, LAC

http://www.friendsdrivesober.org/doc...na_driving.doc

"1998, nearly 77,000 people admitted to emergency rooms admitted to using marijuana immediately prior to their injury or accident. This was an increase of more than 373 percent since 1991." - Mid-Year 1998 Preliminary Emergency Department Data From The Drug Abuse Warning Network. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), 1998.

Deaths at the hands of intoxicated drivers on the road has got to be one of the biggest problems we have here.

The problem is, this is probably bullshit, bad data, and bad statistics just like everything on drugs that the government produces. The government has no credibility in this area.

Canada is on the verge of legal MJ - we will then get a valid before/after picture of the real effects of legal pot.
Evidently GWB went up there and bribed the Liberal government to postpone the legalisation until after he leaves office, though.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #273 of 368
Quote:
The problem is, this is probably bullshit, bad data, and bad statistics just like everything on drugs that the government produces. The government has no credibility in this area.

Indeed.

3 up and 3 down, as they like to say in baseball:

1. Pot a factor in accidental and suicidal deaths? Funny how they don't mention how often alcohol is a factor... I wonder how many of that one man's incredibly statistically insignificant ANECDOTES (consisting of TEN cases) involved alcohol instead of, or in addition to, pot.

2. I don't think anyone who has ever smoked, would agree that your driving skills are still impaired 24 hours after smoking. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

3. The traffic study is flawed as well. MJ shows up in urine tests at least a month after use, and cocaine shows up at least a week later. The reckless drivers stopped were NOT 50% driving under the influence - 50% had simply used drugs in the last month or so.

Here's a nice counterpoint (from an article in the Chicago Trib):
Quote:
Mitch Earleywine, a psychology professor at the University of Southern California, believes that the campaign overstates the dangers of marijuana and runs the risk of backfiring among teenagers, who are already skeptical of adults.

"My big worry is that if you tell a 14-year-old that if you smoke pot, you're going to become psychotic, and then he tries it and nothing happens, you lose credibility," said Earleywine, author of "Understanding Marijuana." "So when you tell him that using meth will make your brain smaller, which it absolutely will, he'll think, `You lied to me about the marijuana, so I think I'm going to smoke this meth.'"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/chitribts/ta...fortcriticssay
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #274 of 368
Lets just face Marijuana laws are based on fiction and the Feds are spinning more fiction concerning weed. I like this one! it will make your Tits grow! Ha LOl,,,, or this one Its a gateway drug and if you do weed the next thing you know you will be a Heroine or Coke addict, LOl LOL,,,, or how this one its still impairs your ability 24 hrs later after burning one hah ha h lol lol,,,,,,,,,Or this has no medicinal properties at all,,LOL LOL LOL All fictional B.S. paid for and brought to you by way of the Government who everyday gives it to those who need it for their condition. Just Lies,Spinning fiction but if you do it enough people will think its true, Sort of like WMDs.
post #275 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
Lets just face Marijuana laws are based on fiction and the Feds are spinning more fiction concerning weed. I like this one! it will make your Tits grow! Ha LOl,,,, or this one Its a gateway drug and if you do weed the next thing you know you will be a Heroine or Coke addict, LOl LOL,,,, or how this one its still impairs your ability 24 hrs later after burning one hah ha h lol lol,,,,,,,,,Or this has no medicinal properties at all,,LOL LOL LOL All fictional B.S. paid for and brought to you by way of the Government who everyday gives it to those who need it for their condition. Just Lies,Spinning fiction but if you do it enough people will think its true, Sort of like WMDs.

Wow, go smoke another, I hear it actually makes you smarter. 420.com told me so.
post #276 of 368
Quote:
Wow, go smoke another, I hear it actually makes you smarter. 420.com told me so.

Thats just wasting it and you know it. If we tackle weed upfront we can do a much much better job then keeping it illegal. Thats what it boils down to for me. Legalize and we can really control it, keep it illegal and all we do is piss more money away, make it easier for kids to get, empowers drug dealers who are pushing otherthings, and grows our police state. Chasing it from the rear end. Reminds me of Money on Prisons vs Money on Schools. same kind of thing. Schools would be the better move but we have those Extremists control freaks....................so where does the money go? Everything from those Judges all the way down to that Prison and everything inbetween. Schools still suffer all over this Land. Come on we can do better. Rant over on this one.
post #277 of 368
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
Thats just wasting it and you know it. If we tackle weed upfront we can do a much much better job then keeping it illegal. Thats what it boils down to for me. Legalize and we can really control it, keep it illegal and all we do is piss more money away, make it easier for kids to get, empowers drug dealers who are pushing otherthings, and grows our police state. Chasing it from the rear end. Reminds me of Money on Prisons vs Money on Schools. same kind of thing. Schools would be the better move but we have those Extremists control freaks....................so where does the money go? Everything from those Judges all the way down to that Prison and everything inbetween. Schools still suffer all over this Land. Come on we can do better. Rant over on this one.

Ok so let me get this straight, right now MJ is only available to those willing to break the law, which is a small percentage of the total population I assure you, and we can't control it now. But magically somehow, if we make it legal and available to everyone, it will be controllable, in your estimation.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how, unless you are proposing it be made available to absolutely anyone, adult and child alike.

I guess you haven't really thought it through, have you?

Toke up, you'll have a brainstorm or something.
post #278 of 368
Quote:
But magically somehow, if we make it legal and available to everyone, it will be controllable, in your estimation.

Our attempt to control it IS the problem.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #279 of 368
Quote:
Our attempt to control it IS the problem.

Right, because unsupervised children should have access to booze, some blunt, and maybe some coke to top it all off.

Same goes for teenagers, they need these things to provide a wider palate of experience from which to enhance their lives.

I get it, no really.
post #280 of 368
Quote:
Right, because unsupervised children should have access to booze, some blunt, and maybe some coke to top it all off.

Same goes for teenagers, they need these things to provide a wider palate of experience from which to enhance their lives.

I get it, no really.

These problems will be the same as the problems we have with children & teens drinking alchohol (at least for teens, I doubt that an 8 year old could figure out how to roll a joint, but they could figure out how to drink a beer).

Teens can't drive, but they might get ahold of a car - we should outlaw cars!
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Milton Friedman: Legalize It!