or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Hong Kong Kitchee 5, Juventus 3 in penalties.

Hong Kong Kitchee 5, Juventus 3 in penalties.

post #1 of 3
I've just been witnes to the hugest football upset ever in Hong Kong. Hong Kong club team Kitchee beat Italian champs Juventus in penalties, after tying in regulation 2-2, at a charity match. Juventus was up 2-0 at the half, and Kitchee scored early in the second half, and equalized with an awesome lobbed goal with three minutes left in regulation. It was absolutely incredible, and I had seats right behind the penalty goal. Great afternoon preceding tonight's rained-on Tienanmen Square vigil, which I also attended.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/news_story.asp?id=126956
post #2 of 3
Thanks for the good news. Found nothing about the match on the SCMP website and my folks in HK let me down as well - they forgot to mail me the results Oh yeah, has Matt Pearce ( aka Spiderman) been released yet?
post #3 of 3
Funny you should ask. Matt is my close friend, and I actually attended the soccer match with him, Adrian Smith (the other high profile participant in International Action) and a few other friends. He was held for about 6 hours on Friday, and released OR. I was there, filming and photographing the whole event, and I contacted the press after he unfurled the banner, and passed out the groups official statement to members of the press.

For those of you not following,

Story Here

International Action website
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Hong Kong Kitchee 5, Juventus 3 in penalties.