or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › These people can't be for real...

These people can't be for real...

post #1 of 7
Have you seen this company? I've heard it's some sort of marketing ploy for minicooper. I've seen the ads of TV....very funny.

http://www.motormate.com/
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 7
You know, I thought it was a skit or something...crazy.
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally posted by hardhead
You know, I thought it was a skit or something...crazy.

A skit? How do you mean?
post #4 of 7
As in a commercial spoof with a make-believe product...
post #5 of 7
It's real. You will receive the goods if you order them.

It's my favourite viral campaign since the Lee Jeans 'Dj Super Greg' ads.

Tribute site for DJ Super Greg. The original is long gone.

Here's a link to more info on the Lee Jeans campaign. A link.
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
"Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell
post #6 of 7
It's real... and it's not. It's an ad campaign by Mini, though you really will get the products they're selling. It's silly, but quite entertaining to see those commercials.
post #7 of 7
Another example of this viral marketing is what ABC is doing for Lost.

http://www.driveshaftband.com/

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

I think there are more sites like this. They all are apparently sites done by ABC, as if these fictional things were real.
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
"Beware the Jabberwock , my son! The jaws that bite, the claw that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the the frumious Bandersnatch!"

from Jabberwocky, excerpt from Alice through the looking...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › These people can't be for real...