or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Anti-Iraq War Threads

Anti-Iraq War Threads

post #1 of 5
I need to take issue with this being allowed to go on. Let's look at some threads today on PO:

"A Day in Iraq"

'Real People's Lives in Iraq"

"US Planting Car Bombs in Iraq"

"More War Crimes in Iraq"

"Perpetual US Makes Big Mistake in Iraq"

All of those threads was started by the same person. My feeling is that it is nothing but evangelizing the point of view that the Us should not have gone to war.

I request that mods not allow blatant evenagelizing by starting multiple threads which are essentially about the same topic. I would like to see discussion limited to a few threads.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 5
If PO were busy at all I would agree. But when there is only 1 new thread a day, it's really not a problem.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #3 of 5
Anymore, if I see any threads like that, my immediate thought is, "Oh, look, someone found another way to complain about the war. You can't say they're not creative."

Don't feed the anti-war folks and they'll go away...eventually...maybe. \
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
I need to take issue with this being allowed to go on. Let's look at some threads today on PO:

"A Day in Iraq"

'Real People's Lives in Iraq"

"US Planting Car Bombs in Iraq"

"More War Crimes in Iraq"

"Perpetual US Makes Big Mistake in Iraq"

All of those threads was started by the same person. My feeling is that it is nothing but evangelizing the point of view that the Us should not have gone to war.

I request that mods not allow blatant evenagelizing by starting multiple threads which are essentially about the same topic. I would like to see discussion limited to a few threads.

Hey - it's not strictly true - I'm not taking responsibility for the 'perpetual thread' as it was merged and retitled by Groverat - I would have thought of a more inflammatory title

One would suppose that any superfluous threads could be put there by the mods if they feel it necessary.

With the possible exception of 'Day in Iraq' and 'real people' they seem pretty different.

You could always debate in them and prove me wrong if you like.

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
You could always debate in them and prove me wrong if you like.

I have better uses for my time. BTW, is "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" on yet?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Feedback
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › Feedback › Anti-Iraq War Threads