or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Giant Condom Reef in South Pacific

Giant Condom Reef in South Pacific

post #1 of 12
I've got to come up with some non-political/non-religious topics so I thought this might serve as a substitute (whilst naturally still providing a hidden subversive meaning for him who has ears to hear ).

This is the age of believing unbelievable things which have been proved wrong conclusively (and even outright lies) so I bow to the inevitable and join the ranks of the 'believers' - obviously I can't do this is a politico-religious way as I am trying to kick the habit but I am prepared to do my duty and pay at least some lip-service to consensus reality.

It seems that an Australian Oceanographic Survey has discovered a reef made up of millions of disposed condoms in the mid Pacific.

Quote:
The condom mass is two miles long, up to sixty feet deep, and in places so tightly compressed that a small plane could be landed on it.

The mass was discovered by the Australian Oceanographic Laboratory Outpost on Macquarie Island in the South Pacific. Scientists there explained that the accumulation, which consists almost exclusively of condoms, is explained by a principle of physics called like aggregation. Like aggregation is caused by the massing of similar objects due to ocean currents and winds, the response of the objects to the earths magnetic field, and other factors.

This can't be good can it ?

Linky
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 12
Hoax: http://www.snopes.com/risque/penile/reef.asp

Interesting side bit: condom scooper job pays $460/day...
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
Hoax: http://www.snopes.com/risque/penile/reef.asp

Interesting side bit: condom scooper job pays $460/day...

I don't care - I'm going to keep repeating it till it becomes true
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
I don't care - I'm going to keep repeating it till it becomes true

post #5 of 12
Maybe there's a yet-to-be-released epsiode of Survivor or Fear Factor that explains this?

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #6 of 12
I'd like to know who has been wearing these giant condoms...
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I'd like to know who has been wearing these giant condoms...

Ok, you got me, I confess.....
post #8 of 12
I was about to reply that this sounds like something we made up to fool gullible foreigners, and then I saw e#'s post.

<whistles>
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #9 of 12
I'll bet this is where Lost is set.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Ok, you got me, I confess.....

I wear two giant condoms in my everyday life. When I have sex, I take one off and feel like a wild man.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Maybe there's a yet-to-be-released epsiode of Survivor or Fear Factor that explains this?

Won't everyone join me in vigorous prayer that any such episodes remain unreleased?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #12 of 12
Who dreams this stuff up?
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Giant Condom Reef in South Pacific