or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran war has started

Iran war has started - Page 5  

post #161 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
And you seem to love what they did and still do.

Just like the US deserved to get its butt kicked when they lined up their (our) troops in the border with Afghanistan and Iraq and the leader of USA said "we gonna smoke 'em out". But you call them terrorists, don't you?

No rational individual shares that view. Read the link I provided, it's a credible source. It doesn't share your and 666's view either.

Sad, I know, but Israel is not an angel.

1. I am pro-Israli and pro-palistinian. I went there and really liked people from both sides, and I think that the pullout from Gaza and the west bank is a good thing.

2. We didn't go into Afghanistan saying that we were going to kill all the Arabs, not a good comparison.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #162 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
1. I am pro-Israli and pro-palistinian. I went there and really liked people from both sides, and I think that the pullout from Gaza and the west bank is a good thing.

What pullout from the west bank?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #163 of 277
They call it 'pullout' although it is just the strengthening of their bigger settlements while dismantling a few distant ones. Tactics.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #164 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
2. We didn't go into Afghanistan saying that we were going to kill all the Arabs, not a good comparison.

There are no Arabs in Afghanistan - they are Afghans.

Make that mistake anywhere from Pathanistan to the Hindu Kush and I can guarantee it will be your last conscious observation.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #165 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
You must have a very limited understanding of what Terrorism and Genocide mean. Please. Look it up.

What an ignorant post. You cannot possibly compare what Palestininan terrorists have done to what Israel has done. Israel is not the one sending suicide bombers to delibrately blow up civilians. Yes, they retaliate, killing terrorists in civilian areas which of course causes civilian casaulalties. And as I said, I dislike Sharon and am well aware of his past. That doesn't make Israel as terorrist state.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #166 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
ALL or nothing i can say it in one old nasty pathetic selfish word. Arafat, could have had a great deal for his people with 98% of what he wanted only it wasnt good enough. He wanted 100%! sorry thats not how it works.

That is exactly right. He was offered almost everything he claimed to want. He turned it down.
post #167 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
That is exactly right. He was offered almost everything he claimed to want. He turned it down.

Why do you repeat this lie? Because you know it is one, right?
post #168 of 277
Quote:
That doesn't make Israel as terorrist state.

It was founded due to the activities of terrorists so I guess it does.
post #169 of 277
Quote:
What an ignorant post. You cannot possibly compare what Palestininan terrorists have done to what Israel has done. Israel is not the one sending suicide bombers to delibrately blow up civilians. Yes, they retaliate, killing terrorists in civilian areas which of course causes civilian casaulalties. And as I said, I dislike Sharon and am well aware of his past. That doesn't make Israel as terorrist state.

Just how is the destruction of civilian homes as summary revenge for what someone else did, not terrorism? You can't kill a terrorist with a bulldozer.
post #170 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You said the money given to Israel goes back to our military. Aid to most countries comes back to us in military sales.

No. I said most of that money goes to your military *industry* which in turn gives a lot to the politicians who engineered this whole thing. Which, in turn, weakens your democracy even further.
post #171 of 277
Quote:
Israel does not commit State terrorism. Only anti-Israeli zealots believe this.
They do things I dont agree with but it is not terrorism.

Exactly how are the activities I mentioned not terrorism?
Quote:
As for giving the Palestinians land and then shutting the border I would agree with that to some point. Israel needs to pick the borders it needs to be secure-and the Palestinians will accept nothing but all of the territory, something Israel will not agree with and I agree with them. Its not a defensible position.
Then, the Palestinians want refugees to be able to return to Israel, unacceptable also. The Palestinians insist on Jerusalem as its capital, even though Jerusalem means almost nothing to Muslims.

What the Palestinians insist on is irrelevant. Israel is already calling all the shots. It is in the power of Israeli government to stop the conflict. On the other side, there is no single entity that can do it. This is not to say Israel has to give in to any demand the Palestinians make. Even if Israel keeps a lot of the contested land, it's far preferable to letting the conflict continue.
Quote:
Both sides are intractable. To blame only one side is irrational. They are both stubborn shits.

Agreed x100.
Quote:
And, how many times in history has the victor given in to demands of the defeated?
I happen to think Israel is more patient than any other country in the world.

Irrelevant and I think untrue as well. If they were patient they would shut the border and wait till the situation defused itself. What the Israeli government is doing now is that they are purposely prodding the people in the occupied territories to lose their temper and grab a bomb - so that they can point fingers, shrug their shoulders and tell their constituents and the world that they'd oh so much want to solve the problem if only the arabs would not so be violent. They want to avoid solving the real problem because they have a need to appease an influential (but small) extremist group inside Israel. If they took the right, humane course of action, and let there be peace, they could face dropping out of power. Never mind that the majority of people on both sides would just want to see the conflict pass.
post #172 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New

Why don't you point out the inaccuracy of my statement. Go ahead. I'm listening.
post #173 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
Just how is the destruction of civilian homes as summary revenge for what someone else did, not terrorism? You can't kill a terrorist with a bulldozer.

It's not revenge when you destroy a terrorists house. Get real.

By the way, just how is it legitmate political discourse to blow one's self up, killing inncocent bystanders, women and children included?
post #174 of 277
Quote:
It's not revenge when you destroy a terrorists house. Get real.

By the way, just how is it legitmate political discourse to blow one's self up, killing inncocent bystanders, women and children included?

You have to show more understanding. We need to let them know that we respect them and their struggle. We need to show them by closing Gitmo forever.

All we need is love, SDW, just love... and maybe some pretty pink posie peddles.
post #175 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
You have to show more understanding. We need to let them know that we respect them and their struggle. We need to show them by closing Gitmo forever.

All we need is love, SDW, just love... and maybe some pretty pink posie peddles.

That's very clever Naples. That certainly is a legitimate synopsis of what people are saying in this thread.

Here, let me try: "Naples thinks we should kidnap the children of all muslim peoples and torture them in front of their parents until they go insane and then mutilate their genitalia and use their bodies for fuck toys! In fact, that is a fair summation of what conservatives think! All they ever think about is killing and bathing in the blood of their victims and inflicting suffering on children!"

Cool. Now I can dismiss you because I made up something insane for you to say. What a great way to advance the conversation!
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #176 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
That's very clever Naples. That certainly is a legitimate synopsis of what people are saying in this thread.

Here, let me try: "Naples thinks we should kidnap the children of all muslim peoples and torture them in front of their parents until they go insane and then mutilate their genitalia and use their bodies for fuck toys! In fact, that is a fair summation of what conservatives think! All they ever think about is killing and bathing in the blood of their victims and inflicting suffering on children!"

Cool. Now I can dismiss you because I made up something insane for you to say. What a great way to advance the conversation!

It is a fun exorcise... except mine is way more accurate than yours, As a matter of fact, everything that I said applies to the anti war crowd. I stand by those remarks.

The posie pedals thing was my attempt at satire.
post #177 of 277
Quote:
It is a fun exorcise... except mine is way more accurate than yours, As a matter of fact, everything that I said applies to the anti war crowd. I stand by those remarks.

Except that when the wingnuts predicted being strewn with roses on their cakewalk it didn't happen.

Unlike the buggering of small boys that went on (and for all we know still continues) in the same prison that Saddam's regime used to do the same thing....
post #178 of 277
Quote:

Oh, neat. Maybe if you could link to where the "anti-war crowd" is saying that we should close Gitmo forever to show respect and understanding for suicide bombers.

In fact, I suggest we cease all other activity on this thread until Naples can show us specifically where the that has been said, since he "stands by" his ludicrous slander.

I'm serious. These threads are being habitually derailed by a constant drumbeat of fairly deranged accusations about what secretly under-girds the "liberal" world view. Pro-terrorist, anti-American, eager to see friends and loved ones murdered just to prove a point, filled with irrational hatred for "normal" people, the president included..... all deeply, deeply offensive bullshit, which gets repeated endlessly.

So unless you can provide some evidence for your outrageous nonsense, I don't see any reason to continue with this or any thread that you participate in, since most of our time will be taken up "refuting" the voices in your head.

In fact, if it were up to me, members could be banned for habitual reliance on this kind of completely off the wall, broad brush characterization of their political opposition.

And no, saying that the President is doing a shitty job, or that the war is counterproductive, or that tax breaks for the wealthy doesn't improve the lot of most Americans isn't "just the same".

This style of slander only goes one way and it's high time it was stopped.
post #179 of 277
Quote:
Why don't you point out the inaccuracy of my statement. Go ahead. I'm listening.

You said the Palestinian side was offered "almost everything". That is wrong. A palestinian acceptance of the Camp David offer would probably have led to a palestinian civil war.

The one easiest fact to bulid this argument around is israels refusal to abandon the biggest settlement on the west bank, Male Adumim, which technically cuts the west bank in two.

There are many others.
post #180 of 277
Quote:
Oh, neat. Maybe if you could link to where the "anti-war crowd" is saying that we should close Gitmo forever to show respect and understanding for suicide bombers.

In fact, I suggest we cease all other activity on this thread until Naples can show us specifically where the that has been said, since he "stands by" his ludicrous slander.

Easy here's a start:

http://www.ahora.cu/english/SECTIONS.../09-06-05c.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4110388.stm
http://www.ericmargolis.com/archives..._guantanam.php
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/N...716842,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4612427.stm
http://www.islam-online.net/English/...rticle04.shtml

there are a myriad of links to blogs and other anti-war sites that are saying the same thing.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/forum/au...rism_8-15.html
http://chronicle.com/free/v48/i05/05b01002.htm
http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Dec2004/Alam1228.htm
http://www.houstonjusticenotwar.org/...rab_rights.asp
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/libde...129505,00.html

Need more?
post #181 of 277
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit, huh?

All I see is people who believe Gitmo should be closed, because of the many instances of human rights violations there. Absolutely NO one saying that they want it closed to show resprct and understanding for terrorists....

But anyone who disagrees with you loves Saddam and supports terrorism anyway, so what's the diff?

EDIT - I enjoyed this quote from one of your links - any comment?
Quote:
Americans are being told all Guantanamo inmates are mad-dog terrorists. Not true. Most were rounded up in Afghanistan by local warlords offered $10,000 or more per head by the US for `terrorist captives.

Some are Pakistanis who were visiting Afghanistan for religious or family matters. Some had joined Taliban forces to fight the Russian-backed Afghan Communist Party known as the Northern Alliance not against the US. Others were jihadis preparing to fight Uzbekistans brutal Communist regime or battle Indian occupation of Kashmir. Only a handful of real anti-US al-Qaida members are there.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #182 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bullshit, huh?

All I see is people who believe Gitmo should be closed, because of the human rights violations there. Absolutely NO one saying that they want it closed to show resprct and understanding for terrorists....

But anyone who disagrees with you loves Saddam and supports terrorism anyway, so what's the diff?

So I can assume that you agree with a gitmo closure because of the human rights issues?

If that is what you and many believe, we should close all prisons, because these guys are being treated better than most prisons inside the US. Human rights issues abound in US prisons.

The human rights thing is a smokescreen. The group of representatives that went there are reporting that the facility fine.
post #183 of 277
Quote:
So I can assume that you agree with a gitmo closure because of the human rights issues?

Well, it would go a long way toward demonstrating to the world that the abuses were not a matter of national policy, and that we still believe in freedom and human rights, and that we are not just going to ignore and deny the abuses while sweeping them under the rug.

What I believe personally is not at issue here, though.

It's what you claim that others believe, the same-ol' "they love the terrorists" crap referenced above. It's hateful and ignorant, and has the appearance of being so deliberately.
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #184 of 277
Quote:

If that is what you and many believe, we should close all prisons, because these guys are being treated better than most prisons inside the US. Human rights issues abound in US prisons.

The human rights thing is a smokescreen. The group of representatives that went there are reporting that the facility fine.

No. No. No. No.

SHOW ME WHERE THERE IS A CALL TO CLOSE GITMO TO EXPRESS RESPECT AND UNDERSTANDING FOR TERRORISTS.

That is your specific, grotesque, obscene, lie. The one you "stand by".

No going on to argue other things, no linking to general topics of human rights or prisoner treatment.

I know in your mind when someone says "Torture is an appalling betrayal of American values" or "Prisoner abuses at Gitmo not only do not make us safer, they degrade the entire enterprise of the 'War on Terror", you hear "We should close Gitmo to express respect and understanding for terrorists", but that's a problem with your cognitive abilities, Naples, not with the honor of people who believe in the rule of law.

That's why I'm making such a big deal of this. I want to force you to confront the difference in what you think you are hearing and what is being said.
post #185 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by segovius
Err...I think you'll find that it was Israelis laughing and dancing on the roof of a nearby building as they filmed the burning towers and gave each other 'hjgh-fives'.

So, you get your news info from Anti-Semitic websites? Thats the only place that lie was fabricated. Now, we know why you think the way you do.

The Palestinians passing out candy and celebrating was shown on all the major networks and in all the major newspapers. Are you saying it didnt happen? Or are you now going to come out and say that its understandable that they would feel that way?
post #186 of 277
Quote:
Omg - well you have the chutzpah to try to talk about these issues, I'll give you that

Unbelievable.

You need to go back to school and learn something. Even the other Arab countries got on Arafats ass about Jerusalem.
Tell me, was Jerusalem the Capital of 'Palestine' before or after the split?
post #187 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New

Why don't you ask the European diplomats who were present and were shocked that Arafat turned it down? And Euro's arent exactly friendly towards israel (they arent the ones with the oil and terrorists, otherwise they would be close friends).
post #188 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon

That is not terrorism, that is a response to terrorism.
You compare a house to civilians?
post #189 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gon
No. I said most of that money goes to your military *industry* which in turn gives a lot to the politicians who engineered this whole thing. Which, in turn, weakens your democracy even further.

There is so much money going into our Govmnt that it really doesnt matter.
Our Govmnt is corrupt without a drop of military lobbying.
post #190 of 277
Gon :
>Exactly how are the activities I mentioned not terrorism?>

How? Because it isnt terrorism. Israel isnt purposely trying to kill Palestinians. If there were no terrorist attacks on Israelis there would be no need to retaliate, and even with the retaliation they dont deliberately target civilians, unlike the palestinians.

>What the Palestinians insist on is irrelevant. Israel is already calling all the shots. It is in the power of Israeli government to stop the conflict. <

If it were the conflict would be over. There are 2 sides to the conflict.

>Irrelevant and I think untrue as well. If they were patient they would shut the border and wait till the situation defused itself.<

They tried that millions of times. They are building a wall to protect themselves then get criticized for that. Try putting yourself in Isareli's shoes. They start a peace process, they hand over some control, they let the palestinians build a police force, the result being that israeli's are getting slaughtered at a rate never seen before. Terrorism exists in israel that didnt exist before the 'peace' process. Yet, they still want to keep talking to come to a solution. The result? Europeans still criticize israel only and say nothing about the nurdering terrorists. Double standard? Yes, also the result of a bunch of pussies afraid to rile the Arabs.
Thank God the U.S. has a spine.
post #191 of 277
Quote:

I'm serious. These threads are being habitually derailed by a constant drumbeat of fairly deranged accusations about what secretly under-girds the "liberal" world view. Pro-terrorist, anti-American, eager to see friends and loved ones murdered just to prove a point, filled with irrational hatred for "normal" people, the president included..... all deeply, deeply offensive bullshit, which gets repeated endlessly.

So unless you can provide some evidence for your outrageous nonsense, I don't see any reason to continue with this or any thread that you participate in, since most of our time will be taken up "refuting" the voices in your head.

In fact, if it were up to me, members could be banned for habitual reliance on this kind of completely off the wall, broad brush characterization of their political opposition.

And no, saying that the President is doing a shitty job, or that the war is counterproductive, or that tax breaks for the wealthy doesn't improve the lot of most Americans isn't "just the same".

This style of slander only goes one way and it's high time it was stopped.

Look at posts by new, geneclean, and a few other Euro-leftists and see the proof. Their idiotic statements are proof enough.
Israel and the US are the Devil.
Murdering Arabs are innocent victims.

Its a delusional world view.
post #192 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
You said the Palestinian side was offered "almost everything". That is wrong. A palestinian acceptance of the Camp David offer would probably have led to a palestinian civil war.

The one easiest fact to bulid this argument around is israels refusal to abandon the biggest settlement on the west bank, Male Adumim, which technically cuts the west bank in two.

There are many others.

Newsflash-a Palestinian acceptance of ANY Peace Accord will cause a civil war. Half the population does not want any accord, they want to destroy Israel.
post #193 of 277
Quote:
You need to go back to school and learn something. Even the other Arab countries got on Arafats ass about Jerusalem.

oh, they did? link?
post #194 of 277
Quote:
Newsflash-a Palestinian acceptance of ANY Peace Accord will cause a civil war. Half the population does not want any accord, they want to destroy Israel.

half eyh? got a link to that statistical information do you?
post #195 of 277
Quote:
Why don't you ask the European diplomats who were present and were shocked that Arafat turned it down? And Euro's arent exactly friendly towards israel (they arent the ones with the oil and terrorists, otherwise they would be close friends).

Which diplomats? I need a link for that as well...
post #196 of 277
Quote:
So, you get your news info from Anti-Semitic websites? Thats the only place that lie was fabricated. Now, we know why you think the way you do.

No, you know nothing. But we knew that.

Try Ha'aretz - they're sure anti-Semitic.

Or the Sunday Herald.
post #197 of 277
Quote:
Tell me, was Jerusalem the Capital of 'Palestine' before or after the split?

This is pure comedy gold, someone should make a hall of fame for this one alone really
post #198 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Which diplomats? I need a link for that as well...

Instead of expecting me to find links to you of old news, common knowledge by the way, maybe you should get off your ass and do some research yourself.
Oh thats right, outside of your leftist rags you dont read much do you?
post #199 of 277
Quote:
This is pure comedy gold, someone should make a hall of fame for this one alone really

>So the question that comes is how did Jerusalem become important in Islam, and to Muslims? Jerusalem was in the middle of Trade routes. Most of the merchants used to pass from there heading towards Asia Minor and the west. Not to forget Arabs from Mecca too. Islam holds a great estimation as the location of many vents associated with the life of Jesus. From that day, Jerusalem has had a very important spiritual meaning for Muslims, not only being the first Qibla but also the mystical experience of the prophet's ascendance to heaven. Jerusalem tried to be focused by Muslim Pilgrimage, but the significance of Jerusalem thereafter declined in favor of Mecca and Medina.<

Now, if you peruse other Muslim websites you will find that they praise Jerusalem's importance to Islam in breathless phrases. Why? Because the Muslims want all holy places under Muslim rule.
Jerusalem has its place in Islam, but it isn't the most important.

Incidientally, that quote above is from an Islamic website.
post #200 of 277
Quote:
Instead of expecting me to find links to you of old news, common knowledge by the way, maybe you should get off your ass and do some research yourself.
Oh thats right, outside of your leftist rags you dont read much do you?

I take it you can't back up any of that stuff then...

You're a real embarrassment.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran war has started