or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran war has started
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iran war has started - Page 6  

post #201 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New


I take it you can't back up any of that stuff then...

You're a real embarrassment.

When you post links to every statement you make, then lets talk.

The 'links' ploy is used by morons like you who don't know a damn thing except for the leftist canard that you're force-fed by the rags you read.

There's nothing more pathetic than a Euro-left pussy.
Even American liberals at least have a shred of common sense and aren't instinctively anti-Israeli and anti-West.

Go blow a terrorist
post #202 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
When you post links to every statement you make, then lets talk.

The 'links' ploy is used by morons like you who don't know a damn thing except for the leftist canard that you're force-fed by the rags you read.

There's nothing more pathetic than a Euro-left pussy.
Even American liberals at least have a shred of common sense and aren't instinctively anti-Israeli and anti-West.

Go blow a terrorist

Are you drunk or something?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #203 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Are you drunk or something?

I could be drunk off my ass and I would still think more clearly than you do.
post #204 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
I could be drunk off my ass and I would still think more clearly than you do.

I guess that is a yes.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #205 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
I guess that is a yes.

Actually, I didn't answer you.
I haven't had a drink in months, I hate the taste of alcohol.
post #206 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Actually, I didn't answer you.
I haven't had a drink in months, I hate the taste of alcohol.

That's better. You havn't really answered much to lately. Now who were those diplomats? What precentage of palestinians desire the destruction of israel and what arab countries told Arafat that Jerusalem was not an important islamic site?

Or did you just invent that stuff?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #207 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
I could be drunk off my ass and I would still think more clearly than you do.

We better get this thread back on track, or the moderators will shut it down.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #208 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
That's better. You havn't really answered much to lately. Now who were those diplomats? What precentage of palestinians desire the destruction of israel and what arab countries told Arafat that Jerusalem was not an important islamic site?

Or did you just invent that stuff?

Didn't we just go over this?
I don't jump through hoops for people with nothing to say.
post #209 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
We better get this thread back on track, or the moderators will shut it down.

Good point.
post #210 of 277
ok, so you can't back it up. That was precisely my point.

Before you went on your wild rampage of throwing around insults.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #211 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
ok, so you can't back it up. That was precisely my point.

Before you went on your wild rampage of throwing around insults.

You find me links to everything you have said, then I will.
Can't. Didn't think so.

I don't ask for links, I discuss.
You are incapable of that so you resort to childish roundabout conversations.
Don't waste everyone's time.
post #212 of 277
What ever happened to Iran??? Folks love to argue for the sake of argue.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #213 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You find me links to everything you have said, then I will.
Can't. Didn't think so.

I don't ask for links, I discuss.
You are incapable of that so you resort to childish roundabout conversations.
Don't waste everyone's time.

talk about turning things around...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #214 of 277
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You find me links to everything you have said, then I will.
Can't. Didn't think so.

I don't ask for links, I discuss.
You are incapable of that so you resort to childish roundabout conversations.
Don't waste everyone's time.

Why ? Even if such links were found you won't admit you were wrong.

In fact you have a chance to prove this wrong yourself - let's do that first. You said:

Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
So, you get your news info from Anti-Semitic websites? Thats the only place that lie was fabricated. Now, we know why you think the way you do.

I posted a link from Ha'aretz the Israeli right-wing newspaper detailing the story.

Now, are you going to admit you were wrong and that the story has a basis in truth ?

If not, then clearly you are not a serious debater and we can move on and get back on-topic.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #215 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by SDW2001
It's not revenge when you destroy a terrorists house. Get real.

No, you get real. There's tens of thousands of people living in refugee camps over there because their homes were demolished or they were just plain forced to move out of the way of a few hundred Israeli settlers. Meanwhile there have only been enough suicide bombers that their victims together number 700. The math doesn't add up. Anyway you look at it, while Israel is destroying "terrorist houses", it's destroying at least an order of magnitude more civilian homes. Maybe more than an order of magnitude.
Quote:
By the way, just how is it legitmate political discourse to blow one's self up, killing inncocent bystanders, women and children included?

Why are you asking me? I never said that.
post #216 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Gon :
>Exactly how are the activities I mentioned not terrorism?>

How? Because it isnt terrorism. Israel isnt purposely trying to kill Palestinians.

No, they're just trampling all over the Palestinians' human rights and sticking them in refugee camps until a couple of them snap and dress up in plastique.

That's about the equivalent of slowly pouring a bottle of soda on someone's head while they sit in a restaurant table, and later claiming "I didn't start the fight, it was self defense, that guy is a maniac.. he tried to hit me!".
Quote:
If there were no terrorist attacks on Israelis there would be no need to retaliate, and even with the retaliation they dont deliberately target civilians, unlike the palestinians.

That's exactly the kind of finger pointing that solves nothing. Both sides are guilty as hell, and so both sides also have good reasons to pick up their AK or Galil. As long as you or anyone else keeps digging up those reasons, those justifications, there will certainly be enough to keep the conflict going on for a century. But in the name of Jesus H. Christ why must you do that instead of pointing the finger at the people who hold the keys to getting things in order?
Quote:
>What the Palestinians insist on is irrelevant. Israel is already calling all the shots. It is in the power of Israeli government to stop the conflict. <

If it were the conflict would be over. There are 2 sides to the conflict.

Uh-uh. There is no conflict if there is no way for bombmen to cross the border. And that is a question of political will.
Quote:
>Irrelevant and I think untrue as well. If they were patient they would shut the border and wait till the situation defused itself.<

They tried that millions of times.

They have never shut their border for real. How do I know? Because the conflict has continued.

Like I said, if 0 people get through, 0 suicide bombers get through.

But they need their excuses for keeping the conflict going, keeping people in fear, desiring strong leadership.. it works awfully well.
Quote:
They are building a wall to protect themselves then get criticized for that.

...so? They are used to criticism, and to ignoring it. There's nothing wrong with the wall idea. I just hear it is being built wrong. It's stretched to cover new colonies built so far out, they will create isolated pockets of Palestinians, who'll face IDF checkpoints if they want to get on their fields.. after the wall is built. Again, pissing them off for no good reason, and defeating the whole purpose of having a *border* because it's obvious the Israelis in the outlying colonies will not be fully protected. Israel should just empty their own outlying colonies, empty the closest palestinian colonies they have to, and build a wall straight enough to be a real nation border instead of a weird prison fence.
Quote:
Try putting yourself in Isareli's shoes.

I have lived in Israel.
post #217 of 277
Gon
>No, they're just trampling all over the Palestinians' human rights and sticking them in refugee camps until a couple of them snap and dress up in plastique.<

Lebanon has more refugee camps than israel. I dont hear you carping about that? Why havent their Arab 'brothers' taken them in?
Palestinians have a better standard of living then most Arabs living in Arab countries.

>That's about the equivalent of slowly pouring a bottle of soda on someone's head while they sit in a restaurant table, and later claiming "I didn't start the fight, it was self defense, that guy is a maniac.. he tried to hit me!".That's exactly the kind of finger pointing that solves nothing. Both sides are guilty as hell, and so both sides also have good reasons to pick up their AK or Galil. As long as you or anyone else keeps digging up those reasons, those justifications, there will certainly be enough to keep the conflict going on for a century. But in the name of Jesus H. Christ why must you do that instead of pointing the finger at the people who hold the keys to getting things in order?<

Why? Because Palestinians are sending homicide bombers insise israel to blow up innocent civilians to smithereens, thats why. You expect Israel to do nothing about it? Not to retaliate? Get fucking real.

>Uh-uh. There is no conflict if there is no way for bombmen to cross the border. And that is a question of political will.They have never shut their border for real. How do I know? Because the conflict has continued.<

They shut the border and not allow palestinians workers inside Isael all the time. Then the Palestinians complain that they need their jobs. Then Israel lets them in again and the same thing happens. Then they close it again. and on and on. But its israel's fault, right?

>Like I said, if 0 people get through, 0 suicide bombers get through.<

Thats what the wall is for. The wall that Europe is bitching about.

>But they need their excuses for keeping the conflict going, keeping people in fear, desiring strong leadership.. it works awfully well....so? They are used to criticism, and to ignoring it. There's nothing wrong with the wall idea. I just hear it is being built wrong. It's stretched to cover new colonies built so far out, they will create isolated pockets of Palestinians, who'll face IDF checkpoints if they want to get on their fields.. after the wall is built. Again, pissing them off for no good reason, and defeating the whole purpose of having a *border* because it's obvious the Israelis in the outlying colonies will not be fully protected. Israel should just empty their own outlying colonies, empty the closest palestinian colonies they have to, and build a wall straight enough to be a real nation border instead of a weird prison fence<

You dont think the Palestinians are keeping the conflict going? They dont want a peace deal, they want the whole enchilada, and Israel knows it and the Palestinians have proven they dont want a deal.
I dont agree with the totality of Israel's position either.
Personally if I were the leader of israel I would pick whatever borders I felt were defensible and wall it all off just like you say.
But, here's the problem-just like the palestinians there are radical israeli's who would resort to violence to stop Israel from giving up more land.

Both sides have been radicalized. A few decades ago israel offered to give the West bank to Jordan and they refused to take it.
Now, is this wholesale handover even possible?
Palestinians have resorted to suicide bombings and other atrocities. Did it get them anywhere? Did they think Israel would want to deal with homicidal lunatics?

Both sides are right in some ways and wrong in other ways.
But this point is clear-Israel will never cower to terrorism, just like the US would never cower.
If Palestinians had never resorted to violence, they would have had their State by now, agreed to by a Govmnt run by the Labor Party.
Sharon got elected as a result of the violence. Countries always turn right when they are threatened.

So, whats the answer? Violence needs to cease for peace talks to succeed. I dont have any hope at all that that will happen.
post #218 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
A few decades ago israel offered to give the West bank to Jordan and they refused to take it.

Do you just invent stuff? Where did you pull this "fact" from?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #219 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Palestinians have a better standard of living then most Arabs living in Arab countries.

What an obscene attempt at justifying ghettoization and state supported ethnic cleansing via "collateral damage".

Nationalism (zionism) begets nationalism (palestinian radicals). Both sides radicalize the other side.

I make no distinction between a U.S. supplied Apache and a suicide vest.

One kills with an aloof distancing that makes killing all too easy and cheapens life and dehumanizes the Israelis by making them so callous and indifferent to the destruction of life that their military superiority allows.

The other makes killing into a twisted form of expression of those with nothing left to lose. They use the most spiteful, awful forms of revenge against their well-equipped aggressors and it only deepens the hatred on both sides. And it creates further hatred and fear against every-day Palestinians just trying to live their lives.

The indoctrination on both sides is appalling. Israelis are no less radicalized or brainwashed in their contempt for Palestinians than the opposite.

It's a fight for me to be compassionate at all, I'm tempted to say both sides deserve eachother. Yet the world is too small not to care anymore.

And we're (U.S. citizens) less safe in the world because of our government's obscene one-sided support for Israel. (Mainly due to fundamentalist Christian interference in foreign policy).
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #220 of 277
I think that you are all taking the current Israli/Palistinian conflict a little too seriously.

It is still safer there than in many parts of Los Angeles or Philadelphia.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #221 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I think that you are all taking the current Israli/Palistinian conflict a little too seriously.

It is still safer there than in many parts of Los Angeles or Philadelphia.


LOL


The relativism just never ends does it?

Yeah, Palestinians should be happy. Instead of bulldozers knocking down entire blocks with no warning and Apache helicopters shooting rockets into neighborhoods, they could have some gangsta kids or even worse, some L.A. cops shooting at them.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #222 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
Do you just invent stuff? Where did you pull this "fact" from?

Oh come on, this is common knowledge. Do you know anything about this conflict or are you just here to bust the chops of anyone supporting Israel?
post #223 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
LOL


The relativism just never ends does it?

Yeah, Palestinians should be happy. Instead of bulldozers knocking down entire blocks with no warning and Apache helicopters shooting rockets into neighborhoods, they could have some gangsta kids or even worse, some L.A. cops shooting at them.

Have you ever been to Israel?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #224 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
What an obscene attempt at justifying ghettoization and state supported ethnic cleansing via "collateral damage".

Nationalism (zionism) begets nationalism (palestinian radicals). Both sides radicalize the other side.

I make no distinction between a U.S. supplied Apache and a suicide vest.

One kills with an aloof distancing that makes killing all too easy and cheapens life and dehumanizes the Israelis by making them so callous and indifferent to the destruction of life that their military superiority allows.

The other makes killing into a twisted form of expression of those with nothing left to lose. They use the most spiteful, awful forms of revenge against their well-equipped aggressors and it only deepens the hatred on both sides. And it creates further hatred and fear against every-day Palestinians just trying to live their lives.

The indoctrination on both sides is appalling. Israelis are no less radicalized or brainwashed in their contempt for Palestinians than the opposite.

It's a fight for me to be compassionate at all, I'm tempted to say both sides deserve eachother. Yet the world is too small not to care anymore.

And we're (U.S. citizens) less safe in the world because of our government's obscene one-sided support for Israel. (Mainly due to fundamentalist Christian interference in foreign policy).

You cant see the difference between terrorism and self defense-THATS obscene.
Both sides make mistakes but if you cant see that Arab terrorism serves them no purpose than you are sadly mistaken(in terms to coming to a peace agreement with israel) Unless of course we discuss most of Western Europes cowering in fear towards Arab terrorists and doing their bidding. God forbid a European leader would have the balls to stand up to terrorism.
The shift in attitude against Israel occurred because of Arab Oil and Arab killers. Pussified 'leaders' don't have a spine to stand up to that.
The US does. Our support for Israel should be a beacon to the world, not something to be ashamed of.

And your last comment, 'we're less safe in the world because of our one sided support for Israel'. I assume you are talking about terrorism. Check your pants and see if you still have balls in there-you are basically saying we should change our foreign policy so killers don't attack our civilians.
Spoken like a true Euro-leftie pussy. Are you sure you're American? Even liberal Americans usually aren't so gutless.
post #225 of 277
steve666:

Quote:
Spoken like a true Euro-leftie pussy. Are you sure you're American? Even liberal Americans usually aren't so gutless.

Mods, when are you going to do something about this? This person has been going around calling people euro-leftie pussies and saying they're not american.

Stop this obscenity, please. Let's have some civil discussions.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #226 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
steve666:



Mods, when are you going to do something about this? This person has been going around calling people euro-leftie pussies and saying they're not american.

Stop this obscenity, please. Let's have some civil discussions.

I'll second that. Well over even POs line, and not even the first time in this thread.

Everybody on vacation, or what?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #227 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You cant see the difference between terrorism and self defense-THATS obscene.

Droll.

Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Both sides make mistakes but if you cant see that Arab terrorism serves them no purpose than you are sadly mistaken(in terms to coming to a peace agreement with israel)

What part of "[Palestinian terrorism] makes killing into a twisted form of expression of those with nothing left to lose. They use the most spiteful, awful forms of revenge against [the Israelis] and it only deepens the hatred on both sides. And it creates further hatred and fear against every-day Palestinians just trying to live their lives." did you not read or understand?

Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Unless of course we discuss most of Western Europes cowering in fear towards Arab terrorists and doing their bidding. God forbid a European leader would have the balls to stand up to terrorism.
The shift in attitude against Israel occurred because of Arab Oil and Arab killers. Pussified 'leaders' don't have a spine to stand up to that.
The US does. Our support for Israel should be a beacon to the world, not something to be ashamed of.

Not making enemies is not the same as "not having balls". We don't give a fuck and storm into whatever place we decide is a "strategic interest" and hence kick up all kinds of trouble. As did the Israelis.

Peace equals pussy? Sad that you get such a sexual energy from war and murder. And you call yourself an American? America used to have honor and integrity. Now we are exactly what all our old enemies used to falsely accuse us of, thanks to Bush et al.

Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
And your last comment, 'we're less safe in the world because of our one sided support for Israel'. I assume you are talking about terrorism. Check your pants and see if you still have balls in there-you are basically saying we should change our foreign policy so killers don't attack our civilians.
Spoken like a true Euro-leftie pussy. Are you sure you're American? Even liberal Americans usually aren't so gutless.

They are killers because they are in positions of having no other avenues. Giving Israel a green light to do whatever they want can't help anyone.

Making our foreign policy all but guarantee that our civilians are attacked forevermore is hardly "brave". More like "insipid".

American-neocon pricks aren't exactly making the world a better place.

America used to be about promoting peace. Not anymore. "Peace is for faggots" now. Real men want eternal war.

Idiots.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #228 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
Have you ever been to Israel?

Sorry, but the old "if you haven't been there, you have no right to comment on the subject" routine just doesn't cut it for me.

Next?
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #229 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Oh come on, this is common knowledge. Do you know anything about this conflict or are you just here to bust the chops of anyone supporting Israel?

You've said your thing about common knowledge for a while now, yet refused to back up any of your statements.

I've been following this coflict for the last 15 years, so I do infact have a very good clue about it's different aspects.

I've been an intern at the NGO that constructed the Oslo agreement, and the rabbi at my cousins bar mitzva has since become a member of the knesset and was a the deputy foreign minister of israel.

So when I ask you to back up a statement, you can be pretty sure that it is not common knowledge. I would go as far as to say that you are either pretty misinformed or "making up stuff" like I said earlier.
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #230 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
Sorry, but the old "if you haven't been there, you have no right to comment on the subject" routine just doesn't cut it for me.

Next?

You have the most extreme viewpoints of anyone here about Israel, and it is a place you have never been.

Like most places, it is not as bad there as it is made out to be when you only hear about it. I don't think that your idea of what it is like there is realistic, just as mine was not about the American South before I moved here (and I understand that Sub-Saharan Africa is much better than people make out).
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #231 of 277
I would just like to know what the politicians in the free world are waiting for? Wait until they have a bomb to do something? Iran should be taught about Nukes and that lesson should be you arent going to be allowed to have them period. End of discussion. You want nuke power for electricity then use plants that cant make this stuff. No spin, no lies, no European appeasement, Just do it. On the side we should blockade the country on the condition there will not be any Nukes made in your country period. Why is the free world playing games with these guys is beyond me.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #232 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
You have the most extreme viewpoints of anyone here about Israel, and it is a place you have never been.

Like most places, it is not as bad there as it is made out to be when you only hear about it. I don't think that your idea of what it is like there is realistic, just as mine was not about the American South before I moved here (and I understand that Sub-Saharan Africa is much better than people make out).

Extreme?

Yeah, wanting peace is so extreme...

Compared to what? Your indifference or even bloodlust for the violence and cycles of revenge over there?

It's like watching a cornered cat fighting a huge dog - of course the cat will go for the eyes. The more desperate a people, the worse the violence. (Hint: Palestinians, believe it or not, are humans).

You must equate me as "pro-Palestinian" or even "pro-terrorism" merely for daring to disagree with Israel, right?

The old tired Bush "with us or against us" binary mentality again, hm?

Yeah, it's easier on the brain to just to just think "Israel = good, Palestinians = bad" and hide your head in FOXNEWS.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #233 of 277
Quote:
Extreme?

I think that you are an extremist, because in every case you think that Israel is at 100% fault in every conflict it ever had for the last 50 years, and that everyone else is blameless.

I think that things are getting better there as time goes on, what excuse will you have to still hate Israel after Palastine is a seperate country?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #234 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I think that you are an extremist, because in every case you think that Israel is at 100% fault in every conflict it ever had for the last 50 years, and that everyone else is blameless.

Where do you come up with this stuff?

No, really. Where is that written or implied? I said everyone else is blameless? I did?

Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I think that things are getting better there as time goes on, what excuse will you have to still hate Israel after Palastine is a seperate country?

I hate Israel? I suppose I hate America too?

You seem to have an inability to see the difference in criticizing policies of nations and "hating an entire people", which I clearly do not, since I want peace for all involved.

Anyway, enough off-topicness from me. You aren't reading what I write anyway, just endless presumptuous skimming and pigeonholing.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
post #235 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by johnq
Where do you come up with this stuff?

No, really. Where is that written or implied? I said everyone else is blameless? I did?



I hate Israel? I suppose I hate America too?

You seem to have an inability to see the difference in criticizing policies of nations and "hating an entire people", which I clearly do not, since I want peace for all involved.

Anyway, enough off-topicness from me. You aren't reading what I write anyway, just endless presumptuous skimming and pigeonholing.

I am primarily thinking of your previous discussion on the 7-day war, and why it was all Israel's fault. I didn't see how it could be the product of any rational mind.

And ever since then, I have noticed that the most anti-Isreali invective mostly comes from you - I don't know it anti-semetism is behind it or what, but it seems odd.

I think that your hatred of Israel is probably very like my own irrational hatred of religion. But I have been inside a church - I am just suggesting that if you are going to have an ongoing hatred of something, maybe you should go check it out first in person.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #236 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by New
You've said your thing about common knowledge for a while now, yet refused to back up any of your statements.

I've been following this coflict for the last 15 years, so I do infact have a very good clue about it's different aspects.

I've been an intern at the NGO that constructed the Oslo agreement, and the rabbi at my cousins bar mitzva has since become a member of the knesset and was a the deputy foreign minister of israel.

So when I ask you to back up a statement, you can be pretty sure that it is not common knowledge. I would go as far as to say that you are either pretty misinformed or "making up stuff" like I said earlier.

Everything I stated is common knowledge. if you don't know about it perhaps you need to put down your anti-Israeli propaganda and get some real, information.
post #237 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Aurora
I would just like to know what the politicians in the free world are waiting for? Wait until they have a bomb to do something? Iran should be taught about Nukes and that lesson should be you arent going to be allowed to have them period. End of discussion. You want nuke power for electricity then use plants that cant make this stuff. No spin, no lies, no European appeasement, Just do it. On the side we should blockade the country on the condition there will not be any Nukes made in your country period. Why is the free world playing games with these guys is beyond me.

Because the world doesnt know how to act. Europeans for some reason are just too afraid to upset anyone or any country so they do nothing.
Thats why we always have to step up.
Unfortunately we have a knee-jerk President right now who is not too keen on foreign affairs and unlike Papa Bush doesnt know how to generate alliances.

Now, something has to be done about Iran-now. Not in one year, not in two years, now.
If Europe doesnt impose sanctions or get tough with them than we have to take them out. I would prefer Israel do it.
post #238 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I am primarily thinking of your previous discussion on the 7-day war, and why it was all Israel's fault. I didn't see how it could be the product of any rational mind.

And ever since then, I have noticed that the most anti-Isreali invective mostly comes from you - I don't know it anti-semetism is behind it or what, but it seems odd.

I think that your hatred of Israel is probably very like my own irrational hatred of religion. But I have been inside a church - I am just suggesting that if you are going to have an ongoing hatred of something, maybe you should go check it out first in person.

I had thought you were talking about segovius at first, but this JohnQ is right up his alley.
post #239 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
I had thought you were talking about segovius at first, but this JohnQ is right up his alley.

Segovious and I probably agree on things more than disagree, but we all have our rough edges and different viewpoints.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #240 of 277
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I am primarily thinking of your previous discussion on the 7-day war, and why it was all Israel's fault. I didn't see how it could be the product of any rational mind.

Links? You must be confusing me with someone else. I've never discussed that. Not recently anyway.

Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
And ever since then, I have noticed that the most anti-Isreali invective mostly comes from you - I don't know it anti-semetism is behind it or what, but it seems odd.

I'll take to task any race, religion, sect, nation that I please on the road to peace.

For so-called Chosen People, I expect "thou shalt not kill" to apply to them just as much as anyone else. No more, no less.

Right. I'm "anti-semitic" merely for criticizing Israeli government, policies, actions/abuses and/or military. That must be it. A Buddhist anti-semite. :nod: Yup. You know me so well.

Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I think that your hatred of Israel is probably very like my own irrational hatred of religion. But I have been inside a church - I am just suggesting that if you are going to have an ongoing hatred of something, maybe you should go check it out first in person.

I do not "hate Israel" (or Jews) nor religion. I have a purely rational hatred (i.e. vocal intolerance) of religions being abused by hypocrites. Ooooh....how evil.
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
"The Roots of Violence: wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, worship without sacrifice, politics...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran war has started