or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likely
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likely - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Trans9B
hey i saw this picture on a "cute pets" forum and thought i'd pass it along. if anyone knows of an iPod Shuffle knock-off, do chime in. Otherwise, this looks like a whole new breed of shuffle to me!!!



this is not a PS from what i can tell...

Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

     197619842013  

     Where were you when the hammer flew?  

 

MacBook Pro Retina, 13", 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

iPhone 5 • iPad 4 • CR48 Chromebook • ThinkPad X220

Reply

     197619842013  

     Where were you when the hammer flew?  

 

MacBook Pro Retina, 13", 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD

iPhone 5 • iPad 4 • CR48 Chromebook • ThinkPad X220

Reply
post #42 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by 1984
Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

ROFLMAO look what the lawsuits have done to us. starving for real info here ..!!!!! AARGHGHG
post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Trans9B
Otherwise, this looks like a whole new breed of shuffle to me!!!...

it looks like a whole new breed of iCat
post #44 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by 1984
Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

Actually its one of thinksecrets spies. The picture is taken just moments before Jobs discovered it and... well you know how the proverb goes...
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #45 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Actually its one of thinksecrets spies. The picture is taken just moments before Jobs discovered it and... well you know how the proverb goes...

heh. i'm laughing so hard now i can hardly type
post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by 1984
Yes, that is a new iPod Shuffle prototype being tested. They use cats now because they don't spread rumors.

MIAO miao miao maio!
MIAO miao miao maio!
MIAO miao miao maio MIAO miao miao maio!

MIAO miao miao maio miao miao MIAO?
Maio MIAO miao MIAO miao miao maio MIAO!
.sig? We don' need no stinkin' .sig!
Reply
.sig? We don' need no stinkin' .sig!
Reply
post #47 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by w_parietti22
I didn't know that a Magic 8 Ball could say that!

I care. The thing is, if you can never completely turn off your iPod and just put it to sleep, it waists battery. If you can turn it off, it saves battery which allows you to listen to your iPod longer when its on.

Hey, its wastes, not waists! Unless, of course, you're connecting it to your belt (or eating it).

As for turning it off, I prefer sleep, since it keeps it in the same place I left it, rather than "from the top". Especially for playlists and all. I was seriously irritated the one time I left my iPod alone for a couple of days, and found it lost my spot.

As for preserving battery life in sleep mode, turn off the clock, and turn off any alarms. Keep that backlight off. And for goodness sakes, whatever you do, don't play solitaire! It sucks your battery dry in no time at all (yeah, there's a 'your momma' or 'my girlfriend' line in there somewhere, I just couldn't come up with the right one).
post #48 of 86
Hi everyone, I stopped into my campus computer store today and I got a flyer for a promo that doesn't start until tomorrow. Evidently you can get a free iPod Mini ($179 rebate) when you purchase a new mac. Its a part of a back to school promotion starting June 28th - Sept. 24, 2005. You don't have to buy a mini to get the rebate, but it wont be free.
post #49 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
Poor cat.

Maybe the cat was depressed and needed a lift up so they gave it a fake iPod shuffle!
post #50 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Louzer
Hey, its wastes, not waists! Unless, of course, you're connecting it to your belt (or eating it).

w/e english major. I don't give. no offense.
post #51 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by biochemosu
Hi everyone, I stopped into my campus computer store today and I got a flyer for a promo that doesn't start until tomorrow. Evidently you can get a free iPod Mini ($179 rebate) when you purchase a new mac. Its a part of a back to school promotion starting June 28th - Sept. 24, 2005. You don't have to buy a mini to get the rebate, but it wont be free.

yeah, 'tis the season for the annual back to skool buy iPod+iBook or iPod+powerbook and enjoy !!!

hopefully it will be new Ibooks soon to go with new iPods announced on July 7
post #52 of 86
Has it occured to anyone that July 7th is a Thursday. Apple have never release any new product on a Thursday!

(there is an old superstition that anything begun on a Thursday is destined for failure)
-- Candidas
(Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare)
Reply
-- Candidas
(Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare)
Reply
post #53 of 86
new iPods are on the apple store...
post #54 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
I think that is certainly possible. It seems likely multiple announcements:

1. Motorola/Apple/Cingular(?) iTunes-capable mobile phone

2. iPod shuffle 2...possibly with a display that at least shows song title playing...but not likely to be used for very effective navigation (let's be real here...a one line display isn't terribly useful).

3. iTunes 4.9...possibly with some major podcast content provider exclusive deal

4. iPod (original) all color display line (iPod photo essentially becomes standard iPod)

5. Maybe a real surprise. They have done it before...remember Airport Express!

That's about it.

Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.
post #55 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.

eventually i'll get banned from saying this all the time, but

new iBooks ???

podcasting is so awesome now, iTunes 4.9 makes it very very very easy. i couldn't understand wtf podcasting was and why it was such a big deal before, let alone download any podcasts \
post #56 of 86
... next Tuesday?
-- Candidas
(Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare)
Reply
-- Candidas
(Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare)
Reply
post #57 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by jms698
Has it occured to anyone that July 7th is a Thursday. Apple have never release any new product on a Thursday!

(there is an old superstition that anything begun on a Thursday is destined for failure)

Then it definitely will be the iPhone!!
iMac G4 800
Reply
iMac G4 800
Reply
post #58 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
And Magic 8-Ball says:

1.) "Seems Probable"

2.) "Unlikely"

3.) "Seems Probable"

4.) "Try Again Later"

5.) "Unlikely"

6.) "Seems Probable"

7.) "Seems Probable"

8.) "Seems Probable"

9.) "Unlikely"

10.) "Who Care How They Manage Power Consumption?"

11.) "Unlikely"

Hmm...Rev. A APPLE VIII BALL(R) with Magic Inside(TM)
My computer can beat up your computer.
Reply
My computer can beat up your computer.
Reply
post #59 of 86
I think this is a great place to insert this comment:

As an Apple Store for Education customer, I'm always checking on the deals Apple sends us poor college students' way. What I'm seeing here surprises me: Instead of a $200 rebate on iPods with a purchase of a Mac, they're offering a free mini instead. This is going out on a limb, but maybe that might shed some light on the future of the minis. Given, this rebate is a surefire way to reduce inventory of the current mini. Ah, who knows? I'm just pissed that they're not offering the $200 anymore because I'd have to get the iPod. Then, I'd have two perfectly working iPods (3rd and 4th/5th Gen. however you want to debate this version) plus a mini. Ugh.

p.s. On the bright side, I'd have them conveniently stashed wherever I'd need music (e.g., Work, Home, and Car).
I always have the right answers; you just sometimes ask the wrong questions.
Reply
I always have the right answers; you just sometimes ask the wrong questions.
Reply
post #60 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by fahlman
I bet you're right. I'd almost bet money on it.

With the leaked photo today you may be right.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Reply
post #61 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by damiansipko
I think this is a great place to insert this comment:

As an Apple Store for Education customer, I'm always checking on the deals Apple sends us poor college students' way. What I'm seeing here surprises me: Instead of a $200 rebate on iPods with a purchase of a Mac, they're offering a free mini instead. This is going out on a limb, but maybe that might shed some light on the future of the minis. Given, this rebate is a surefire way to reduce inventory of the current mini. Ah, who knows? I'm just pissed that they're not offering the $200 anymore because I'd have to get the iPod. Then, I'd have two perfectly working iPods (3rd and 4th/5th Gen. however you want to debate this version) plus a mini. Ugh.

p.s. On the bright side, I'd have them conveniently stashed wherever I'd need music (e.g., Work, Home, and Car).

ebay. that's how i got rid of my iPod 20gb which came with my powerbook 1 year ago

spread the 'Pod love mah main man...

once you get the mini you might really want to hold on to it though
post #62 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
eventually i'll get banned from saying this all the time, but

new iBooks ???

podcasting is so awesome now, iTunes 4.9 makes it very very very easy. i couldn't understand wtf podcasting was and why it was such a big deal before, let alone download any podcasts \

I don't think we'll see any updates. At least not until this cram and jam deal is over. Does anyone know if Apple has released new hardware during this period (cram and jam). I mean it wouldn't make sense to start that kinda deal when you have new products (ibook) coming out that are gonna sell themselves.
post #63 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Apoder
I don't think we'll see any updates. At least not until this cram and jam deal is over. Does anyone know if Apple has released new hardware during this period (cram and jam). I mean it wouldn't make sense to start that kinda deal when you have new products (ibook) coming out that are gonna sell themselves.

yeah that's what i was thinking. it would be weird to start off cram and jam on 28th june and then release new iBooks like a week later.

so it means july 7th is just iTunes for mobile \

edit:
but in any case cram and jam has always gone on around this time (and adjusted accordingly for australia and new zealand to Dec-January back to skool/uni).... i think
post #64 of 86
Now that the iPod cat is out of the bag, perhaps the mods should move this topic over to Future Hardware?

It sounds like this "next month announcement" should have more to do with iBooks and Mac minis.
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
Reply
post #65 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
Now that the iPod cat is out of the bag, perhaps the mods should move this topic over to Future Hardware?

It sounds like this "next month announcement" should have more to do with iBooks and Mac minis.

Speaking of future hardware, Apple is really boring me now. Pathetic upgrades on PowerBooks and iMacs; lousy new iPods that are just ipod photos with different back cases. Frankly, I wanna see something hot and new. Apple can you give me that before summers end?
I always have the right answers; you just sometimes ask the wrong questions.
Reply
I always have the right answers; you just sometimes ask the wrong questions.
Reply
post #66 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by damiansipko
Speaking of future hardware, Apple is really boring me now. Pathetic upgrades on PowerBooks and iMacs; lousy new iPods that are just ipod photos with different back cases. Frankly, I wanna see something hot and new. Apple can you give me that before summers end?

Dude; seriously, chill. They just released an all-new iMac, for one. They've been pumping out Tiger and working on the Intel switch, which they're making because IBM can't provide G5s fit for a new G5 PB. The "new" iPod isn't supposed to be new at all; they're just consolidating the iPod line and phasing out the old B&W iPods. Apple said it's still 4G; the 5G is coming. Apple just added podcasting to iTunes and iPod, a major change in the way people use audio content.

Hot and new? Apple's all about hot and new these days. You need to look around a little and calm down. Hypertension's a killer.

Apple's not Samsung. Samsung produces a new mediocre product every 42 minutes. Apple, on the other hand, takes the time to get the technology right and prepare the market for the emergence of new products that have substantial functional upgrades.
Pip

site: http://www.jgpippin.com
comp: 1.5 ghz g4 powerbook 15" (os 10.3)
cam: canon 10d, 28-135mm usm is
Reply
Pip

site: http://www.jgpippin.com
comp: 1.5 ghz g4 powerbook 15" (os 10.3)
cam: canon 10d, 28-135mm usm is
Reply
post #67 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cuilla
Okay, so 3 and 4 are out of the way. 1, 2 and 5 are still possible.

I'm Really hoping 5! Like an iTablet??? Fingers Crossed! :-)
post #68 of 86
All this speculation has made me weary of purchasing an iPod mini soon.....how soon do you all think colour screens will be implemented in it?

First post!
512MB Shuffle
4GB iPod mini (2nd Gen)
Reply
512MB Shuffle
4GB iPod mini (2nd Gen)
Reply
post #69 of 86
i reckon will see a 'iPod Video' 80GB soon, and i a couple of years they will drop the 'iPod Video' name (maybe making room for another line of ipod) and give the video features to the "ipod"
post #70 of 86
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6...odphone8yf.png

Hints in iTunes of a new iPod and Movie Store coming soon






edit: sorry about the size
post #71 of 86
celebi,
great job on examining the package contents, etc.

just a side note, try to keep the image sizes within 600pixels in width so as not to open up the table layout on the forum pages

thanks dude appreciate your consideration,
i will look at your post now
post #72 of 86
edited to just show the link. sorry about the size
post #73 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by celebi23
edited to just show the link. sorry about the size

coolness
post #74 of 86
How about the Australian Music Store - if so it would be about bloody time! new ipods and everything would be great, but i want something to put on them.
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
post #75 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by pyriX
How about the Australian Music Store - if so it would be about bloody time! new ipods and everything would be great, but i want something to put on them.

too true mate, too true
*sigh*
post #76 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by sunilraman
too true mate, too true
*sigh*

Damn Straight its too true. according this to article - we're due for one.
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
I DONT trust your haircut.

MBP 13"/22" 2.26ghz/2gb/160gb/7400M.
Windows 7 24"/2.00ghz/2.5gb/250gb/9800GT.
Ubuntu 10.04 Dell Latitude D620.
Xbox 360 Projector
WHS 2.5tb.
Reply
post #77 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrik_L
Le figaro, one of the most well respected papers in France, says that the iPhone, a white e398, will be launched 4th of July.

http://hardmac.com/niouzcontenu.php?...005-06-25#4214
http://www.lefigaro.fr/eco-medias/20...87.html?224107

What impressed me most with the Le Figaro page were the numerous references to Paris2012 Olympic and the upcoming decision to kill off NYC in Singapore . Deep Impact also seems to have made a hit, if you will pardon the expression. {That's a Gauloise!)
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
post #78 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamil
Then it definitely will be the iPhone!!

Right on! Especially if it looks anything like that hideous thing in the link above-- egad!


Of course, in keeping with my post above, they might be "Paris2012" iPods, in the Tricolour Blue, Red and Blanc, or emblazoned "U-too NYC, London, Madrid and Moscou"!
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally posted by pyriX
How about the Australian Music Store - if so it would be about bloody time! new ipods and everything would be great, but i want something to put on them.

I've been feeling the same about one in Japan prylX! Sure I can use the US, but what's the fun of having all those squiggly font things on my mac if I can't turn them into music!
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
"Run faster. History is a constant race between invention and catastrophe. Education helps but it is never enough. You must also run." Leto Atreides II
Reply
post #80 of 86
How bout a iTMS 1/2 billion celebration party???

I mean Apple knows about how many songs they sell a day and when they sell the 1/2 billionth song... maybe its true!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple plans special event next month, new iPods likely