or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Iran Booga Booga

More Iran Booga Booga - Page 3

post #81 of 143
The timing was odd; we were watching the news when this suddenly came up, right about when they likely would have discussed the demonstrations in the US or the GOP kindergarten party. Went to CNN, where they had already gone into babble over-drive about this. (It is almost impossible to watch CNN, BBC or CBS anymore - I don't have access to anything else- they just are all so bad).

Look over there!

Talking to people here in Japan, with the new vote about China's currency, they were saying the US appears (again) very concerned about being strict on the world while totally ignoring its own populace.

Where are the jobs?
Where are any quality candidates for the GOP?

Look! Bad people over there!!

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #82 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Actually, it's extremely simple. Some monotheists do believe that their God is the same God as the God of other monotheists. Those that don't believe that think that the other Gods are all false, thus not Gods at all.

Very accurately and succinctly stated.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #83 of 143
I don't think that we are going to war with Iran. Israel and Turkey may go to war though, that Turkish PM must be a total idiot the way he is bating Israel.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #84 of 143
Iran has been engaging in various acts of war against the US for a long time now.

I fully support attacks against Iran and the US should declare war on Iran. I don't support a war with any US troops on the ground or the ridiculous strategy of winning 'hearts & minds'. I support conventional mass bombing to start followed by possible nuclear strikes if necessary.
post #85 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1618978 View Post

I don't think that we are going to war with Iran. Israel and Turkey may go to war though, that Turkish PM must be a total idiot the way he is bating Israel.

Turkey will be just fine inho.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #86 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Iran has been engaging in various acts of war against the US for a long time now.

I fully support attacks against Iran and the US should declare war on Iran. I don't support a war with any US troops on the ground or the ridiculous strategy of winning 'hearts & minds'. I support conventional mass bombing to start followed by possible nuclear strikes if necessary.

I clIcked here just to read your post. Thank you for more laughs. Seriously your that entertaining. Carry on and you'll be a fully signed up member of po's right wing contigent.
post #87 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

The timing was odd; we were watching the news when this suddenly came up, right about when they likely would have discussed the demonstrations in the US or the GOP kindergarten party. Went to CNN, where they had already gone into babble over-drive about this. (It is almost impossible to watch CNN, BBC or CBS anymore - I don't have access to anything else- they just are all so bad).

Look over there!

Talking to people here in Japan, with the new vote about China's currency, they were saying the US appears (again) very concerned about being strict on the world while totally ignoring its own populace.

Where are the jobs?

Good question. How about we ask our President.

Quote:

Another phony media-created debate. Any one of those candidates would be far better than our current mess of President.

Quote:

Do you have some evidence...any evidence...that shows this plot didn't actually exist? And if the timing is suspect, aren't the Democrats who RUN SHIT to blame? All I see in your post is GOP, GOP Kindergarten Party, etc.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #88 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I clIcked here just to read your post. Thank you for more laughs. Seriously your that entertaining. Carry on and you'll be a fully signed up member of po's right wing contigent.

I am not a member of any contingent, besides perhaps the contingent of Americans who are informed enough to recognize who their real enemies are, and Iran is definitely an enemy.

Sooner or later, I believe that we'll be engaged in war with Iran, so we'll see who gets the last laugh.
post #89 of 143
Quote:

I am not a member of any contingent, besides perhaps the contingent of Americans who are informed enough to recognize who their real enemies are, and Iran is definitely an enemy.

Sooner or later, I believe that we'll be engaged in war with Iran, so we'll see who gets the last laugh.

Iran has the potential to be one of the best countries in the middle east, once the liberal young people get older and more powerful. As I understand it, it is very similar to the US in 1960 in terms of demographics.

Which means that 40 years from now they will be broke as their useless baby boomers bankrupt the system, but they will do some pretty significant damage to conservative Muslim power while they are young and idealistic.

If nobody had invaded Afghanistan, it would be a pretty nice place by now - invading these countries just pushes them into a religious stone age state.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #90 of 143
War is no laughing matter.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #91 of 143
Quote:

Iran has the potential to be one of the best countries in the middle east, once the liberal young people get older and more powerful. As I understand it, it is very similar to the US in 1960 in terms of demographics.

Which means that 40 years from now they will be broke as their useless baby boomers bankrupt the system, but they will do some pretty significant damage to conservative Muslim power while they are young and idealistic.

If nobody had invaded Afghanistan, it would be a pretty nice place by now - invading these countries just pushes them into a religious stone age state.

Agreed.

I'm not trying to mock you in any way at all in the other thread, indeed there are issues, but the point is to lessen them under the BR.

I hope the US joins not destroys these bonds in the ME. I think it's too much for the UK. There is no second chance here, and that's what the US i think will follow too.
post #92 of 143
Quote:

I don't disagree with what you say about the upcoming younger generation. It may very well be true, but I believe that their time is running out and they will have to hurry up before the actual people in charge of their country leads them to catastrophe.
post #93 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

War is no laughing matter.

I strongly disagree. I am not about to allow terrorists and seventh century religious fanatics to dampen my sense of humor. It brings me great joy whenever terrorists die and the US will be at war for a long time with these primitive creatures.
post #94 of 143
Quote:

I don't disagree with what you say about the upcoming younger generation. It may very well be true, but I believe that their time is running out and they will have to hurry up before the actual people in charge of their country leads them to catastrophe.

You are so full of it.

Have you any idea what a war with Iran would do to the US and Europe?

This is not a game. This is dead people on your driveway.
post #95 of 143
Quote:

Have you any idea what a war with Iran would do to the US and Europe?

Yes I do, I am ok with the consequences.

Quote:

This is not a game. This is dead people on your driveway.

I am fine with the potential consequences. The people who will regret it the most is the enemy.
post #96 of 143
Pretty soon we're going to mess with a country that isn't as easy to bully around and beat up as Iraq, Afghanistan, or Libya.

post #97 of 143
Quote:

Yes I do, I am ok with the consequences.

I am fine with the potential consequences. The people who will regret it the most is the enemy.

I've been attacked by lefties on this one. They generally think it won't matter either. They are ignorant beyond belief. Iran is the real deal make no mistake, they will make www2 look peacefull, this is not a joke. The US will be hammered, this is full out MODERN WAR...

You'd be wise to think again.
post #98 of 143
Quote:

Iran is the real deal make no mistake, they will make www2 look peacefull, this is not a joke. The US will be hammered, this is full out MODERN WAR...

Iran is nothing. No islamic country on the planet poses any significant military threat to the US. The US will not get hammered, Iran would get destroyed fairly quickly. And you mentioned MODERN WAR, and that's exactly why I would support this war and also why I look upon it favorably. That is how wars should be fought, not the PC nonsense taking place in Iraq and Afghanistan with winning hearts and minds. I am against that strategy as it is not effective.

Wars should be fought like they were in WWII. Only a decisive victory and complete surrender of the enemy leads to peace.

Quote:

You'd be wise to think again.

I am very well versed in history in general and especially war. I doubt that my mind can be changed. There are various enemies looking for a fight with the US and the western world, and sooner or later, they will have to be dealt with.
post #99 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Pretty soon we're going to mess with a country that isn't as easy to bully around and beat up as Iraq, Afghanistan, or Libya.

That's partly why the US is not going to go too far with Iran, I hope.

If they do... it's over. The US will no longer be the superpower, your choice.
post #100 of 143
Quote:

Iran is nothing. No islamic country on the planet poses any significant military threat to the US. The US will not get hammered, Iran would get destroyed fairly quickly. And you mentioned MODERN WAR, and that's exactly why I would support this war and also why I look upon it favorably. That is how wars should be fought, not the PC nonsense taking place in Iraq and Afghanistan with winning hearts and minds. I am against that strategy as it is not effective.

Wars should be fought like they were in WWII. Only a decisive victory and complete surrender of the enemy leads to peace.

I am very well versed in history in general and especially war. I doubt that my mind can be changed. There are various enemies looking for a fight with the US and the western world, and sooner or later, they will have to be dealt with.

You sound like the lefty ignorant twats i've been unfortunate enough to hear drone on about how Iran won't change their lives... "because they can't".

But yes they would and christ maybe these dumb fucks need an awakening.

Seriously, this would be war. Dumbfounding levels of destruction and death on US soil with hideous deaths.

Don't go there.
post #101 of 143
Quote:

I agree - Iran and Iraq fought each other to a tie if I remember correctly. We would have no trouble with Iran - just arm the Kurds and let them help for one thing. Arming the Kurds would help a lot of things - the Turks, Syrians and Iranians all being our enemies in varying degrees.

However - I think that the Europeans and Russians would have a big objection to us taking over the entire middle east, which is what it would look like to them.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #102 of 143
Quote:

I agree - Iran and Iraq fought each other to a tie if I remember correctly. We would have no trouble with Iran - just arm the Kurds and let them help for one thing. Arming the Kurds would help a lot of things - the Turks, Syrians and Iranians all being our enemies in varying degrees.

However - I think that the Europeans and Russians would have a big objection to us taking over the entire middle east, which is what it would look like to them.

Have at it.

See where it gets you.
post #103 of 143
Quote:

I agree. Arming the Kurds for the short term would be a good idea.

Quote:

I agree with that too, but could they really do anything about it? The Europeans can simply shut up, because the current adventure taking place in Libya is mostly their doing, even though they managed to get Obama on board with that fiasco.

The Russians have business interests, but even during the Cold War, both sides were able to keep their calm for the most part. Unlike primitive religious theocracies and terror states such as Iran, the Russians aren't suicidal and I'd say that the chances of a serious US vs Russia conflict is extremely low at the present time.

There will no doubt be some lunatics and so called peace activists demonstrating across the globe and various countries who voice their objections at the UN, but luckily, neither of those groups has any say over the US, and they are pretty much irrelevant in my opinion.
post #104 of 143
The Russians could derail us - they control enough oil that shutting off the taps at the wrong time could seriously hurt us. Any attack on Iran would have an impact on oil prices in the first place, and Russia could make it much worse.

China could sell $1 trillion in US treasuries if it was pissed off enough at us. The Europeans are toothless bankrupt bastards who can't do anything but talk bad about us though.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #105 of 143
Quote:

Why not nuke the whole Middle East while we're at it. I'm sure there'll be enough left over to wipe North Korea of the face of the Earth too.
post #106 of 143
Quote:

That's the problem with Iraq and Afghanistan. Most of the populace and their regular army are themselves not the problem. It is the extremists that have infiltrated society and act in cowardly fashion. Some of the most dishonourable fighting tactics ever seen. Even being a police officer in 1930's Chicago would have been possibly easier than a US soldier in Afghanistan.
post #107 of 143
Quote:

So you hate freedom (for Non-Americans), guilt or innocence irrelevant. And you have gladly taken the Iran story right up the ass just like they want you to. Heil, comrade! Your conversion to a tool of the PaRty is complete. Karl Rove should be proud.
post #108 of 143
Quote:

Yet you support killing them all, the young and the old, the mothers and the babies, The Christians and the Jews as well as every one of the Muslims in the target area, without discretion. Nice.

I take it back. You don't make Karl Rove proud. You are Karl Rove. Completely and utterly without conscience. And with regard to the people of Iran and their intentions, completely and utterly without a fucking clue.
post #109 of 143
Irans offensive capabilities are quite limited, at most it could conquer the small Gulf fiefdoms if those werent under US military protection (if I recall correctly, CENTCOM is based in Qatar).

However, while I havent been following it all that closely, the US military is stretched quite thin as it is, and Irans size and difficult terrain would require a substantial amount of personnel to invade and conquer.
So, if the US wants a military intervention in Iran, itd have to mobilise (that means the draft, as in real wars cf. WWII, Korea, etc.), and to a degree, some reorganisation of the economy giving priority to military needs; taken in consideration of the present situation of the US economy, that is.

Not to mention the numbers of casualties would be far higher than in Afghanistan and Iraq.

As I recall, the US embassy was taken over by an Iranian mob in 1979, and it didnt result in a state of war between the two countries, nor did the Iranian-backed Hizbullahs suicide attack of of US Marines base in Lebanon (actually, the US promptly retreated from Lebanon).
Would a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador do the trick?

It also remains to be seen whether a president initiates a full-blown war a short year before the reelection he seeks
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
« Jparle pas aux cons, ça les instruit. »

From Les Tontons Flingueurs

חברים יש רק באגד
post #110 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Look over there!

Where are the jobs?

Stop knocking my country! Your economy is not that great either.Your Government is good and corrupt also.
post #111 of 143
Originally Posted by Apple ][

Quote:

We may both be conservatives, but I think you're out of your mind here. What the hell would conventional mass bombing and nuclear strikes do except outrage the entire Muslim world (and most of the rest of it) and kill millions of people? Nucelar war? Dude, that's batshit crazy.

Honestly, I think you're succumbing to an abundance of testosterone right now. Think about it. If the Iranian military/government was in fact behind this, they did it to show that they could "get to us" in the future. In other words, it was done to give us pause...to make us consider that once they get a nuclear weapon, they might indeed get it into the U.S. and detonate it if a conflict occurred. THIS is what we should be worried about.

This is not to say I would take the military option off the table. But that option would be a last resort to stop their nuclear program, and would only involve their nuclear facilities and command/control/defense targets that needed to to be eliminated to carry out the mission. Even this is risky to say the least, but may be needed at some point.
post #112 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel Goldstein View Post

However, while I havent been following it all that closely, the US military is stretched quite thin as it is, and Irans size and difficult terrain would require a substantial amount of personnel to invade and conquer.

I don't think he was suggesting land war, just bombing them and arming their enemies, which would probably result in a multi decade civil war.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #113 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Why not nuke the whole Middle East while we're at it. I'm sure there'll be enough left over to wipe North Korea of the face of the Earth too.

There are very specific targets and the US has specific enemies that are trying to harm us. What makes you think that going after random countries is a wise idea?
post #114 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Yet you support killing them all, the young and the old, the mothers and the babies, The Christians and the Jews as well as every one of the Muslims in the target area, without discretion. Nice.

I take it back. You don't make Karl Rove proud. You are Karl Rove. Completely and utterly without conscience. And with regard to the people of Iran and their intentions, completely and utterly without a fucking clue.

Iran is 98% Muslim, it is a theocratic hellhole based on primitive religious law. Why do you bother to mention Christians and Jews? They are basically non existent, and there aren't any gays in Iran either, according to the leadership.

And this has nothing to do with Karl Rove. Even if Karl Rove didn't exist, then Iran would still be the aggressive, terror state that it is.
post #115 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

We may both be conservatives, but I think you're out of your mind here. What the hell would conventional mass bombing and nuclear strikes do except outrage the entire Muslim world (and most of the rest of it) and kill millions of people? Nucelar war? Dude, that's batshit crazy.

I am conservative in some areas, but I'm also pretty liberal in others. For example, I fully support marijuana legalization. Let's bring in the tax dollars and quit going after people for a mild drug that is safer than alcohol.

I'm not suggesting to nuke people as a first resort. I only see that as a possible option, if Iran were to somehow use their own nuclear weapons against the west, as a dirty bomb or something similar.

I do believe that a country like Iran, with the leadership that they have, would be very likely to actually resort to nuclear terrorism. And if they did, then it would be game over for them. I believe that it is appropriate to be respond in kind, only much, much worse. The same goes for North Korea, if their bat shit crazy leader ever did get any funny ideas and they cross the line of no return.
post #116 of 143
Quote:

I am conservative in some areas, but I'm also pretty liberal in others. For example, I fully support marijuana legalization. Let's bring in the tax dollars and quit going after people for a mild drug that is safer than alcohol.

But what about protecting the profits of the largely private prison industry that capitalizes handsomely on criminalizing (mostly minority or working class white) youth?

Quote:
I'm not suggesting to nuke people as a first resort. I only see that as a possible option, if Iran were to somehow use their own nuclear weapons against the west, as a dirty bomb or something similar.

What is your proof that Iran has nuclear weapons? Fox News? AIPAC?

Quote:
I do believe that a country like Iran, with the leadership that they have, would be very likely to actually resort to nuclear terrorism.

There is only one nation that has resorted to such. Japan 1945 (twice), possibly Basra area 1991, most likely Afghanistan 2001 (low yield nuclear bunker busters) and Iraq and Afghanistan 2003-present ("depleted" uranium munitions).

Quote:
And if they did, then it would be game over for them.

And thats exactly why they, or any other nation, won't. Ever heard of the notion of "nuclear deterrent"? If Iran has designs on nuclear weapons, then who would blame them? It's their best chance of preventing being attacked by Israel, which has nuclear, biological and chemical weapons, is prepared to use them, and has an iron grip on US mideast policy.

Quote:
I believe that it is appropriate to be respond in kind, only much, much worse.

FYI.. nuclear radiation and fallout is blind to national boundaries. A full scale nuclear attack on Iran would at the very least, endanger US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although the brass in the Pentagon are not concerned on that front - there's always a steady stream of naive kids enlisting -, there would likely be an outcry from military families at home...in other words, a PR nightmare. Not only that, but a first strike nuclear attack on a foreign nation (which never attacked anyone, and hasn't in 250 years btw), and would place every American abroad at risk.

In other words, nuking Iran, or anywhere, would be an incredibly stupid move.. and would backfire 100 fold.

Quote:
The same goes for North Korea, if their bat shit crazy leader ever did get any funny ideas and they cross the line of no return.

Whatever. Save all that testosterone for a saturday night.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #117 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

What is your proof that Iran has nuclear weapons? Fox News? AIPAC?

They may or may not have them yet, but they are certainly trying to make them and acquire them.

Quote:

There is only one nation that has resorted to such. Japan 1945 (twice), possibly Basra area 1991, most likely Afghanistan 2001 (low yield nuclear bunker busters) and Iraq and Afghanistan 2003-present ("depleted" uranium munitions).

Yes, the USA nuked Japan pretty good and all enemies of the US should keep that in mind.

Quote:

And thats exactly why they, or any other nation, won't. Ever heard of the notion of "nuclear deterrent"

Nuclear deterrent only applies to sane and rational people. It does not apply to radical Islamic terrorist countries. I believe that they are suicidal and there are plenty of Islamic countries around, so having one less won't be a big deal to anybody. It's all about martyrdom for those crazies.
post #118 of 143
This interview with Lt. Col. Shaffer puts a more likely explanation on this bizarre "attempt by Iran" to assassinate the ambassador.

Might this be an example of political opportunism by the Obama Administration into trying to get the US public into supporting action against Iran? Many DC insiders have been itching to have a go at Iran since 2000...

And since most of the attempted "terror attacks" in recent years in the US have been as a result of FBI entrapment, and this one looks to have a similar ring to it.... LINK

FBI entrapment of Muslims

World Trade Center bombing 1993... FBI entrapment again...

Shenanigans abound....
post #119 of 143
Quote:

Might this be an example of political opportunism by the Obama Administration into trying to get the US public into supporting action against Iran?

I really doubt that Obama is going to be taking any action against Iran. Obama has been extremely weak against Iran and issuing strongly worded letters or going to the UN isn't going to stop Iran from their plans.

But who really knows? Obama has been quite a war mongerer himself, it's quite ironic that he won a peace prize. The US is in Afghanistan, Iraq and even involved in Libya now. Obama is also not afraid of using drones to kill terrorists.

There was just another drone strike today in Pakistan, as a matter of fact.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...3gL_story.html
post #120 of 143
Perhaps the reason Iran would want to obtain nuclear weapons is to defend themselves from invasion and occupation by the United States, Israel, and other countries.

They've seen what we've done to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya. Why is it unreasonable for them to want to defend themselves?

Iran doesn't have the ability to launch a nuclear attack directly against the U.S.

Israel has 300+ nukes. It can take care of itself.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › More Iran Booga Booga