or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Disappearing AppleNova Thread

Disappearing AppleNova Thread  

post #1 of 48
There was a thread here which served members of this Forums. It was a useful thread, it was at some level an important thread, but it is now gone, deleted by an administrator (Kasper?) for reasons that are locked away in that person's vindictive mind.

It isn't at all clear to me why people trying to bridge both places should take this sort of immaturity from this place, but we do because we are devoted to the communities that were once one.

The description of the behavioral attributes of the person that deleted that thread keep running through my head, but none of them are particularly nice, so I will keep them to myself.
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #2 of 48
I agree. I personally view both. I started here when I got my first mac, and continue to read and post here. I also like coming here to read post by members who cross post and those who have not and do not plan to make the move. We are all happy with where we are. Most of us have moved past it and there are those few that are seriously holding a grudge and should let go. If anyone needs the information that was in the deleted post PM me I'll be here all night, unless I get banned for this post .
If you can read this....GREAT!
post #3 of 48
the feedback has started: http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=54609 (scroll down a bit)
My computer can beat up your computer.
My computer can beat up your computer.
post #4 of 48
I haven't heard a response and that thread there doesn't have the singular focus this one does...but thanks...
post #5 of 48
Actually the thread has taken a very relevant turn thanks to the last two post(currently.)
post #6 of 48
We have to put the issue between us behind. Be professional. The AN down thread did no harm to people here. Put the split behind us.
post #7 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by quagmire
We have to put the issue between us behind. Be professional. The AN down thread did no harm to people here. Put the split behind us.

Never mind.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #8 of 48
I registered here so I could confer with my AN comrades. Please don't lock this thread!

AppleNova is not down, all that's happened is the domain expired. To access AppleNova, follow the instructions here:

http://www.paulcourt.co.uk/gargoyle/outage_fix.html

Or, if you'd like to talk about the problem with your fellow AN members, go to iChat, click File -> Go to Chat, and type in "applenova" without the quotation marks. Me, omega, HOM, and quag are there now.
post #9 of 48
And to reiterate in this thread....... (god the whole damn lot of you are tiresome sometimes )

Be quick chester.

Breathe everybody breathe. I was replying to the deleted thread when it was deleted but I was going to say, (until then) that I thought it was very gracious of AI to allow the thread and chide the AN members for not being a little more courteous.

So how about doing that and AI given the circumstances and Jack's recent death, how about if they behave, cutting a bit of slack here. You never know, it might have positive benefits for everybody.

You reap what you sow.

And I've changed the emphasis of where I post because I got fed up with someone here. adda if you think back, I'm sure you'll appreciate the irony of our respective situations.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #10 of 48
Is there a way to just type in the ip address in the browser? I know that there should be a way to do it, but when I tried it I got a "There is no website configured at this address" error.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
post #11 of 48
I would like to ask the AI folks for a little lee-way here. I would also like to ask the AN folks to can the jokes and remarks. I personally don't give a rat's ass about what happened here or when. I just want to be able to communicate. If we can get past this as a group, then we will ALL benefit from it!

Please?
Just another transplanted nobody!
post #12 of 48
Following the (quite clear) instructions in the link results in success. AN is up.
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
"I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them" -Isaac Asimov
post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by crazychester
And to reiterate in this thread....... (god the whole damn lot of you are tiresome sometimes )

Be quick chester.

Breathe everybody breathe. I was replying to the deleted thread when it was deleted but I was going to say, (until then) that I thought it was very gracious of AI to allow the thread and chide the AN members for not being a little more courteous.

So how about doing that and AI given the circumstances and Jack's recent death, how about if they behave, cutting a bit of slack here. You never know, it might have positive benefits for everybody.

You reap what you sow.

And I've changed the emphasis of where I post because I got fed up with someone here. adda if you think back, I'm sure you'll appreciate the irony of our respective situations.

(Paws territorially at ground) (Grumbles)

OK......but only cause of the nice Chester lady......
post #14 of 48
Just tried the thing out. It works well! Make sure you make EVERYTHING look EXACTLY like it does in the pretty pictures.

And thank you to AI's mods for leaving this thread open. We appreciate it.
post #15 of 48
I would like to thank whomever saw fit to allow this thread to survive to this point.
post #16 of 48
Thanks for jumping back in, Har. My thread was locked, but I am glad to see this one survive.
post #17 of 48
Thanks guys. I miss you adda.
post #18 of 48
Quote:
Thanks guys. I miss you adda.

Don't make me have to come over there....
post #19 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Don't make me have to come over there....

You know you want to.

I do believe this is one of those situations where one can say "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."
post #20 of 48
Quote:
You know you want to.

I do believe this is one of those situations where one can say "A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man."

"Jebadiah" might make a good screen name, at that....
post #21 of 48
I moved the original AppleNove thread because of a comment made that was in total violation of posting guidelines. I feared retaliation posts to this and only had a short time to hang around so I took the decision to move the thread to "Gehenna", our spam filled forum.
post #22 of 48
Thank you Jambo for the explanation.

I hope the powers that be will allow this thread to stay.

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #23 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega

I hope the powers that be will allow this thread to stay.

Of course we will, AppleNova rocks! Just not quite as much as AppleInsider
post #24 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Of course we will, AppleNova rocks! Just not quite as much as AppleInsider

At least you spelled it rite this tim.

post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Omega
At least you spelled it rite this tim.

Didn't want to trigger our AppleNova alert system.

j/k
post #26 of 48
I don't know what's lamest. The guy who posted just to slag the forum off or the numbnut who deleted the thread.
post #27 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
...who deleted the thread.

Read this thread more carefully.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Res
Is there a way to just type in the ip address in the browser? I know that there should be a way to do it, but when I tried it I got a "There is no website configured at this address" error.

Multiple websites exist on that IP address, so it is necessary for the browser to transmit the "Host" header, which can't be done if you just go by the IP address.
post #29 of 48
Unfortunately, both could be seen as blatently negative and rediculous! Fortunately, I think we have moved on and can now get back down to spewing BS!

Thanks, Jambo! We appreciate your honesty and patience!
post #30 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
Read this thread more carefully.

I am a dickhead and everything I post should be disregarded (apart from this.)
post #31 of 48
hey thanks all....

it has been forever since i have seen a jambo post...

i kinda see the ai/an split less as an able and cain thing and more as a mary kate and ashley at 30 years old kinda thing...

nothing so "final" as killing off a "family member"...more like, "we need a year or so apart because you are driving me crazy, but i still love you" kinda thing

again, thanks

g
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #32 of 48
Quote:
I am a dickhead...

Here here!!
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Here here!!

That's 'hear hear'.

post #34 of 48
Quote:
You know you want to.

choice quote chester ... nice work.
less is more
less is more
post #35 of 48
Quote:
I moved the original AppleNove thread because of a comment made that was in total violation of posting guidelines. I feared retaliation posts to this and only had a short time to hang around so I took the decision to move the thread to "Gehenna", our spam filled forum.

Thanks for the explanation, Jambo.
post #36 of 48
Also, thanks for the clarification Jambo.
less is more
less is more
post #37 of 48
Quote:
That's 'hear hear'.

Oh yeah, lol.
post #38 of 48
Quote:
That's 'hear hear'.

In this case it might be "there there".
post #39 of 48
The original thread has been moved back. However it's closed because as Jambo mentionned, we did not wanted an open struggle between some members of the two communities.
This thread is here : http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=55716

This thread will be updated on request of the AN team, if they have further informations to share.
This thread is also sticked.

Last note : this thread should be closed, because the vanishing thread has ressurected from hell. But by courtesy, we will let it be open at the mere condition that it will stay civil.

Thanks
post #40 of 48
thegelding, alcimedes and ast3r3x, to name but a few, back on AI
Thought I was on the wrong board for a minute

Anyways... how the hell are you guys? Hope all is well and you get AN back up soon.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Disappearing AppleNova Thread