or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware

Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware - Page 4

post #121 of 188
Obviously if XSan is updated, new MacBook non-Pros and iPods are right around the corner!

Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #122 of 188
all of this software updating. Can only mean one thing.....

HUGE new store on 5th AV!!!!

wOoT!!!!

and an iphone.

post #123 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
all of this software updating. Can only mean one thing.....

HUGE new store on 5th AV!!!!

wOoT!!!!

and an iphone.

AND all iphones will call iWoz. Its SJ's way of punishing Woz for his book.

this is kinda funny because Woz used to get hundreds of calls a day from toddlers (his number was 1 888 888 8888). see article: http://www.wired.com/news/culture/ma...ory_page_next1
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #124 of 188
I passed 70-290 with 1000/1000 today, and I can refer a good site, pass4sure.com

I am a fresh man for the certification, and my company need employee get MCSE2003 cert in 3 month, I start with some MOC books and frustrated with huge contents. and I failed at the first try for 70-290, but I met a friend who taking 70-290 also, he passed easily, and I know from him a good site named pass4sure.com, I used 70-290 from Pass4sure, every questions WORD 4 WORD was on the test. Unlike testking where you have to read huge number of questions (which more than half will never be on the test) these were easy to read b/c only about 200 even fewer questions. They also don't change any wording or layout like testking.
post #125 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Xool
Obviously if XSan is updated, new MacBook non-Pros and iPods are right around the corner!

The New MacBook (non-pro) models will roll out Tuesday May 16,2006. This information is according to a friend of mine working at the Apple Retail store in Atlanta, GA.
post #126 of 188
Can't wait to see the official specs and images and not just speculation and rumors!!!!
Believe those who seek the truth.......Doubt
those who find it....
Believe those who seek the truth.......Doubt
those who find it....
post #127 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin
Can't wait to see the official specs and images and not just speculation and rumors!!!!

well, we are still in stage 4 of the lifecycle which is all 'groundless conjecture.'

http://www.misterbg.org/AppleProductCycle/

Maybe tomorrow we'll jump all the way to:

post #128 of 188
Ahem.....

APPLE STORE IS DOWN!!

wOoT!

8)
post #129 of 188
Book imminent
post #130 of 188
Theory proven. This was fun.
post #131 of 188
April 24 - May 12, Apple released the following updates - which is an unusually high number because it immediately followed up the big surge from the previous couple of weeks.

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update
Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.3.9
Xsan 1.3 Uninstaller
Xsan Admin 1.3 Update
Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.4
FileMaker Pro 8.0v2
FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 Advanced
Keynote 3.0.1
Pages 2.0.1
Apple Keyboard Update 1.0
Keynote Update 3.0.1v2
Pages Update 2.0.1v2
Aperture 1.1.1
Logic Pro 7.2.1.
dot Mac 4.x Update
Front Row 1.2.2
QuickTime 7.1
Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (PPC)
Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (Intel)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Client)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.4.6 Server)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Server)

May 16, 2006
Apple releases the first Macbook
Apple puts new screens and faster processors in all MacBook Pros
post #132 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin

Patience is a virtue.

MacBooks are here, and the Pros are updated.

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #133 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by rongold
April 24 - May 12, Apple released the following updates - which is an unusually high number because it immediately followed up the big surge from the previous couple of weeks.

GarageBand 3.0.2 Update
Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.3.9
Xsan 1.3 Uninstaller
Xsan Admin 1.3 Update
Xsan Filesystem 1.3 for Mac OS X 10.4
FileMaker Pro 8.0v2
FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 Advanced
Keynote 3.0.1
Pages 2.0.1
Apple Keyboard Update 1.0
Keynote Update 3.0.1v2
Pages Update 2.0.1v2
Aperture 1.1.1
Logic Pro 7.2.1.
dot Mac 4.x Update
Front Row 1.2.2
QuickTime 7.1
Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (PPC)
Security Update 2006-003 Mac OS X 10.4.6 Client (Intel)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Client)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.4.6 Server)
Security Update 2006-003 (10.3.9 Server)

May 16, 2006
Apple releases the first Macbook
Apple puts new screens and faster processors in all MacBook Pros

Boom!

Let's see what thursday brings !!!

Thursday May 18, 5th av store to have apple event!!

Friday May 19th 5th av store to open 6pm

post #134 of 188
Cool, I just placed my Macbook order. Can't wait!!!

This theory MAY be true, but as I said before, we have to see if the next major round of software updates is NOT followed by a hardware release (a "negative control"). Seeing as how there are so many hardware lines that are released throughout the year, chances are there won't be this opportunity to test the theory.

Still, it's fun to think the theory may have a little predictive power to it!
post #135 of 188
I can't really see how this theory proves anything at all. If the last cycle "ended" on April 24 and the next "began" on the same day, doesn't this just show that Apple is, you know, constantly updating software (like any company with as many products as they have should be)?
post #136 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by billobob
I can't really see how this theory proves anything at all. If the last cycle "ended" on April 24 and the next "began" on the same day, doesn't this just show that Apple is, you know, constantly updating software (like any company with as many products as they have should be)?

NO.

Welcome.

post #137 of 188
After a month of dormancy, the cycle has seemingly started back up again with yesterday's iPhoto 6.0.4 update, the Shake universal binary update (and price drop!) and a rumored 10.4.7 update nearly ready for release. Hardware-wise, isn't Woodcrest due for release June26th?
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
You think Im an arrogant [expletive] who thinks hes above the law, and I think youre a slime bucket who gets most of his facts wrong. Steve Jobs
post #138 of 188
Quote:
Originally posted by DHagan4755
After a month of dormancy, the cycle has seemingly started back up again with yesterday's iPhoto 6.0.4 update and a rumored 10.4.7 update nearly ready for release. Hardware-wise, isn't Woodcrest due for release June26th?

I believe that is ready to ship from intel to the manufacturers on June 26th, but Apple will put it through another rigorous testing phase, and it should be ready by WWDC. WWDC is only a little over a month away.
onlooker

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macpro.html
onlooker

post #139 of 188
Quote:
After a month of dormancy, the cycle has seemingly started back up again with yesterday's iPhoto 6.0.4 update, the Shake universal binary update (and price drop!) and a rumored 10.4.7 update nearly ready for release. Hardware-wise, isn't Woodcrest due for release June26th?

Ahhh... but don't forget these releases:

Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2.1 (PPC)
Aperture 1.1.2

This coupled with the fact that iPods have been averaging over 2 new releases every year they are overdue. Could this be the signal for new iPods?
post #140 of 188
iTunes 6.0.5 is also supposed to be on it's way with some nice little Nike+ related content.

5-8" MultiTouch Mini Tablet would go down a treat if you're reading!
5-8" MultiTouch Mini Tablet would go down a treat if you're reading!
post #141 of 188
Quote:
Ahhh... but don't forget these releases:

Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2.1 (PPC)
Aperture 1.1.2

This coupled with the fact that iPods have been averaging over 2 new releases every year they are overdue. Could this be the signal for new iPods?

Not as overdue as the i**** v2! Also roloTV.
post #142 of 188
Now, the Mac Pro please.
post #143 of 188
very interesting thread... im glad it was allowed time to "prove" the theroy and not locked.

but one question remains... could someone who knows, PLEASE explain to me who or what this rolo thing is... you know, so i can join the "inner sanctum"

thanks

Rod
post #144 of 188
Rolo is a guy that is all in the know on apple's flatscreen tv/computer combo. He heard all about that in some sandwich bar but never really was able to produce some genuine elevator pictures of the actual product as proof.
Subsequently he was given a quite thorough AI-style public spanking which I believe hurt pretty hard...
post #145 of 188
ah!! thanks for the info {now i must learn the secret handshake }
post #146 of 188
And "elevator pictures' are my speciality...

==================================
"It's Happening. Fact."

Ilann Hepworth.
==================================
"It's Happening. Fact."

Ilann Hepworth.
post #147 of 188
From Mac Daily News:

Quote:
Apples release of Mac OS X 10.4.7 imminent (with release notes)

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 08:44 AM EDT

A little birdie has told us that Mac O SX 10.4.7 is coming very soon now:

The 10.4.7 Update is recommended for all users and includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes for the following applications and technologies. It includes fixes for:

- preventing AFP deadlocks and dropped connections
- saving Adobe and Quark documents to AFP mounted volumes
- Bluetooth file transfers, pairing and connecting to a Bluetooth mouse, and syncing to mobile phones
- audio playback in QuickTime, iTunes, Final Cut Pro, and Soundtrack applications
- ensuring icons are spaced correctly when viewed on desktop
- determining the space required to burn folders
- iChat audio and video connectivity, creating chat rooms when using AIM
- importing files into Keynote 3
- PDF workflows when using iCal and iPhoto
- reliable use of Automator actions within workflows
- importing and removing fonts in Font Book
- syncing addresses, bookmarks, calendar events and files to .Mac
- compatibility with third party applications and devices
- previous standalone security updates

We'll have more info when it becomes available...

Interesting...
post #148 of 188
I AM IN LIMBO!!!!!
onlooker

onlooker

post #149 of 188
If Mac Pros are released today...rongold wins and his software-release theory should become the one true way of determining hardware releases.
post #150 of 188
Well... After Apple finds out that someone has found out the way that they introduce products (If he is right ofc). Then they will change the way they introduce products just because they are Apple
"Don't go into the pipeline. Let the pipeline come to us"
"Don't go into the pipeline. Let the pipeline come to us"
post #151 of 188
Big update out the gate today 10.4.7.
(And a firmware update for 17-inch MacBook Pros)

Edit: I do have to add that I don't think there will be any new hardware next week as the 4th of July holiday falls on a Tuesday.
post #152 of 188
Today's updates:
Quicktime 7.1.2
Motion 2.1.2
post #153 of 188
Quote:
Edit: I do have to add that I don't think there will be any new hardware next week as the 4th of July holiday falls on a Tuesday.

Yes, that is true. Next Tuesday is a holiday, BUT it is also the start of the NECC conference. That would be quite appropriate for Apple to release a new educational type eMac (if they decide to continue this marketing strategy).

Edit: Oh, they also just started offering the eMac Repair Extension Program in addition to all the firmware and software updates which, if you recall my theory, also acts to assure customers and to make sure everyone is happy so they can go on introducing new hardware without leaving purchasers of recent hardware out in the cold.
post #154 of 188
iTunes 6.0.5 is now out.
post #155 of 188
RRRRRRRrRrrrrrRrrrRRRRRrrrrrrrrMacProPLEASE
post #156 of 188
Quote:
iTunes 6.0.5 is now out.

And iPod firmware updates and .Mac website updates.
post #157 of 188
Something will be updated sooner than later. Right now Apple.com has some splash about how many shows are on iTunes. Apple never leaves "minor" stuff like this on the site for more than a couple of weeks.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #158 of 188
I don't think this counts (in my book) but Target is now selling new Pink iPod with Video and iPod Nanos. I'm actually considering getting one.
post #159 of 188
Quote:
Next Tuesday is a holiday, BUT it is also the start of the NECC conference. That would be quite appropriate for Apple to release a new educational type eMac (if they decide to continue this marketing strategy).

Edit: Oh, they also just started offering the eMac Repair Extension Program in addition to all the firmware and software updates which, if you recall my theory, also acts to assure customers and to make sure everyone is happy so they can go on introducing new hardware without leaving purchasers of recent hardware out in the cold.

And so it goes.
Apple releases a new educational eMac.
post #160 of 188
Quote:
And so it goes.
Apple releases a new educational eMac.

With all due respect, rongold, your reasoning is flawed. The big updates happened 2 weeks ago...and no hardware was released last week.

If you're going to allow more than a week between software and hardware updates, then for sure your theory will be correct every single time because there's no doubt in anyone's mind that hardware releases will follow software releases at some point in time. Whether it be 1 week or 8 weeks, it'll happen. But if the hardware isn't released a week after the big software update, you can't claim it's an indication of an imminent hardware update.

Had the eMac been released next week...you'd have come here and posted the exact same thing...but it doesn't mean shit.

I had high hopes for that theory of yours but I don't think it's it. I was expecting a hardware release last week after the huge software update 2 weeks ago...and it didn't happen.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Surefire Indicator That Apple Will Soon Release New Hardware