post #1 of 15
Beside Bombs and terror attacks
there is another creature, that needs
some supporters.
Send your petition now.

Speak Up for Wolves
http://www.savewolves.org

cu
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
" I will not commit anything to memory that I can get from another source . . . "
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #2 of 15
Read this today:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?...ectID=10338725

The devils that drive us do not discriminate
The devils that drive us do not discriminate
post #3 of 15
This is a very worthy cause, you have my support. Now if there were only a law against human overpopulation and urban sprawl.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
post #4 of 15
You guys need to read more about game management before you comment -- there's a reason the Wolves were hunted to extinction, and there's a reason they need to be thinned out up in Alaska, in particular.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by baranovich
This is a very worthy cause, you have my support. Now if there were only a law against human overpopulation and urban sprawl.

Its is suburban sprawl, my friend...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar
Its is suburban sprawl, my friend...

Its both.
-Margaret Mead

-Margaret Mead

post #7 of 15
Urban sprawl has nothing to do with the lowering the Wolf population up in Alaska, it has everything to do with sustainable yield, and attempting to raise the moose population.

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Urban sprawl has nothing to do with the lowering the Wolf population up in Alaska, it has everything to do with sustainable yield, and attempting to raise the moose population.

Okay, let me clarify. I didn't mean to imply that urban sprawl (or suburban sprawl) has anything to do with lowering wolf populations in Alaska. I was just saying that in general sprawl and overpopulation should be controlled in order to prevent the continued extinction and endangerment of wild animals.

And the reason wolves were hunted to extinction is because people are terrified of them and because they did regularly killed livestock back in the colonial times. Without any top of the food chain natural predators many species such as deer have greatly overpopulated areas of the country (not that sprawl has helped this at all either).
-Margaret Mead

-Margaret Mead

post #9 of 15
wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!
proud resident of a failed state
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

I SO hope this was a joke but I fear it was not.

THIS ridiculous attitude is why wolves are endangered.
-Margaret Mead

-Margaret Mead

post #11 of 15
A wolf ate me once when I was a baby.
post #12 of 15
The problem with trying to save every animal imaginable is that they start to encroach on human neighborhoods. Just search for "kill bear" on google news and you will see that police are having to kill tons of bears that are attacking humans because bear population is too big and bears are starting to mingle a bit too much with humans. Also, coyotes are starting to kill a lot of dogs and cats in the western US. I don't know about you guys, but I don't want wolves walking around my backyard.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

(creatively edited out)
ALBERT EINSTEIN
ALBERT EINSTEIN
post #14 of 15
Quote:
wolves eat babies

BOO WOLVES!

Reminds me of a quote of a young victim of a wolf attack.

"Doggie tried to eat my face!"

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
post #15 of 15
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
I never get tired of being right all the time... but I do get tired of having to prove it to you again and again.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Speak Up for Wolves