or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone notice how good Grapher is?

Anyone notice how good Grapher is?

post #1 of 8
As a college student who is heavily invloved in calculus and soon to be heavily invloved in differential equations I really love the Grapher app that's new in Tiger. Any idea why it is hidden in Applications/Utilites???

Anyone else notice how good it is?
Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
post #2 of 8
Yeah, this is a real shocker. What a beautiful, stable, and full-featured little application.
post #3 of 8
i love it but there is one really major problem. You can't set a variable that you can slide. In the old classic bundled thing you could do something like y=x^n so that you could quickly change n to something else
-Justin Winokur

15" Core i7 MacBook Pro, (circa July 2010)
-Justin Winokur

post #4 of 8
I absolutely love it. I wish I make my calculus now, and not few years ago... [-;
post #5 of 8
Yup, wish I had this when I was doing calculus in university many years ago.
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by Jwink3101
i love it but there is one really major problem. You can't set a variable that you can slide. In the old classic bundled thing you could do something like y=x^n so that you could quickly change n to something else

Yes you can.
First you must define what you want to call your parameter, let's say: k
Just click on the "+" and type : k=3 (or something)

After this you can use k in your expressions.

If you want to animate expressions with a parameter, just select "Animate parameter" (Opt-Cmd-A) and you can animate your expressions to your hearts content.
post #7 of 8
cool. Thank you very much
-Justin Winokur

-Justin Winokur

post #8 of 8
Quote:
Yup, wish I had this when I was doing calculus in university many years ago.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone notice how good Grapher is?