or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › suitcase suggestion needed

suitcase suggestion needed

post #1 of 7
So I am off to buy a new suitcase one of the days. I need the classic wheels/handle/hand luggage/carry on airplane type of thing and the usual thing to would be to buy myself a Samsonite or a wanna be Samsonite.

But do anyone have other suggestions? An more alternative version of the same? or just with more unique build in features?

Any suggestions are welcome.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #2 of 7
And here I was gonna suggest you used the demo of fontagent pro to clean up your fonts before imorting them into suitcase...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #3 of 7
Don't be the guy with the overstuffed wheelie case that's slightly beyond regulations to begin with. I travel with a small duffel most of the time, and when the entire overhead bin is occupied by some case that should have been flagged as too big to carry-on, (so big that I can't even fit in my small duffel) I suppose you can see why I get reasonably miffed.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #4 of 7
I tavel with a hikers pack...
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #5 of 7
It's a little pricey but I like something like this.

It's a wheeled carry-on that converts to a day-pack.

You give up some of the structured protection of a Samsonite style "hard-shell" but the backpack design means you can stuff more stuff in there. Plus, a lot more little zippered pouches and nooks and crannies and what more fore stashing things separately.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #6 of 7
we bought a samsonite sihloette, it's half soft, half hard shell, very well designed many features has gone all over the word with minimal visible wear. the best i've ever owned, love it worth every penny and it's in a cool silver
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
post #7 of 7
Don't buy Samsonite. Without a question, buy a semi-hard sided zippered polycarbonate case like the fantastic Antler Quartz. My girlfriend bought the overnight/cabin case and I loved it so much I bought the shorthaul case for my two month trip to the states this summer.

http://www.antler.co.uk/quartz_luggage.htm

Antler is made in the UK, so these are hard to find in the US. Fortunately, I think Antler sells these in Denmark.

I got a fantastic deal on mine. I paid about US$100 in Hong Kong, but I had to haggle. The SRP is £130.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › suitcase suggestion needed