or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple pressured to raise iTunes pricing in 2006

Apple pressured to raise iTunes pricing in 2006

post #1 of 55
Apple Computer may be forced to raise song prices at several of its popular iTunes music stores next year, according to a report from overseas.

Japan's Nikkei is reporting that record labels have been 'abuzz with talk about Apple's 2006 problem,' referring to the company's licensing renegotiations with record labels scheduled for next year.

Specifically, labels have been pushing Apple to increase its current fixed a-la-carte pricing structure in the US, Canada and Europe, the report states.

It's believed that Apple's two-tiered approach used in the new Japanese iTunes store may foreshadow possible increases, while at the same time bolstering the labels' case for higher pricing.

On the other hand, Apple's lower pricing in Japan has forced some of its main competitors in the region--Sony's Label Gate, Yahoo Japan and Excite--to lower pricing.

Come 2006, Apple's licensing of its FairPlay DRM may also be an issue, as labels have recently begun shipping copy-protected CDs that are not compatible with the popular iPod.
post #2 of 55
If its only like $1.25, or $1.50 then thats fine... but if its like $3-4... No way!
post #3 of 55
Dumb move on the part of the music industry. Steve hit the perfect sweet spot at 99¢ and has moved half a billion songs be taking care of the customer as well as the industry.

So what does a higher price get you? Lower sales in terms of songs sold. Customer deciding against trying out a new group because the recommended song has been jacked up in price. Sad, because it they liked the new group they would open their wallets up for more.

It also seems that the industry in indirectly supporting an increase in illegal downloads by trying to destroy the most successful approach available of attacking illegal downloads.

Sort of between:

It it ain't broke don't fix it . . .

and

Killing the golden goose
Ken
Ken
post #4 of 55
Agreed, kenaustus.

As for their much touted new "copy protected" CDs, we'll see just how long it is before somebody cracks the DRM scheme. After all, the MPAA was so sure CSS would protect DVDs from copying and we all know how well that worked out.
post #5 of 55
Letting other players use iTMS would be a mistake at the moment I think. But licensing Fairplay to other music SOURCES--stores, CDs, whatever--could help iPod sales (which is more important) and MIGHT be a smart move at the right time. Maybe next year will be that time. Apple can easily do so--and I certainly wouldn't want them to do it sooner than is strategic.

HOWEVER... I still won't buy a copy-protected CD, iPod-compatible or not.

I like the convenience of iTMS, and the necessary evil of DRM (or the RIAA woudn't have let Apple have the iTMS) is at least not stopping me from anything I'll conceivably want to do with my music.

But these protected CDs are another matter. No online convenience, no buying single songs, and DRM that's already causing problems for honest consumers. So--no thanks.

And if iTMS prices are forced higher next year, I expect a cliff in sales. I know MY habits will hit a cliff I'll buy a few songs when I hate the album--but my iTMS shopping will be greatly curtailed.

And my CD-buying won't increase enough to compensate: I have to be a lot more serious about buying a physical CD than I do to click Add to Cart.
post #6 of 55
I lost faith in the cartel long ago. There have been a number of CDs that I wanted to buy recently, but they ended staying on the shelf. I've asked several stores if I can't get the CD working on my computer, and hence MP3 player, whether I can bring it back and the answers all have been a resounding 'no'. In a number of cases I found the sellers siding with my point of view, but not being able to do anything due to store policy.

With a personal collection of 100+ CDs, I am hardly someone who spends their time trying to rip off the industry. Now that they are trying to prevent me listening to the music the way I want to, they are losing my sales.

BTW if you think CDs are expensive in a country like Canada, where they are around $19+tax (CAD), then Australia is even more expensive, being around $34 (AUS).
post #7 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by w_parietti22
If its only like $1.25, or $1.50 then thats fine... but if its like $3-4... No way!

If the quality were going up along with the price, I might agree. Most likely, we would end up paying more money for the same quality songs. That's not good, no matter how you look at it.

On another note, shouldn't the headline be: "Apple being pressured to raise iTunes pricing in 2006?" (question mark included) Since no one (outside of Apple and the labels) truly knows what's going on and if it's going to happen, I don't think the headline should sound so sure of itself.
Never Doubt Apple.
---------------------------

"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice." -Steve Jobs
Never Doubt Apple.
---------------------------

"Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice." -Steve Jobs
post #8 of 55
why does this surpise anyone. remember way back when cd's came out, and everyone complained of the price, and they all promised it would go down as the format took hold. well, we're still paying $15-20 for a new retail cd, and i guess the "industry" just wants to be able to charge for songs to get back closer to that $15-20 per album rate (even though with downloads, it's harder to get super-hi-fidelity bit rates (well, so far) and printed materials -- it's possible now, thanks to pdf, but not easy, and not great if you don't have a good printer, and believe it or not, some of us appreciate good cd packaging.

basically, steve tapped a gold vein, and now they want to strip mine it down to nothing for fear of losing the market to something else.

i am reminded of a fable involving geese and golden eggs. what was the moral of that story again?
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #9 of 55
This might be the one move that could put a damper on iTunes' success.

I know this for sure, if songs had been $1.25 or $1.50 instead of 99¢ I sure wouldn't have bought as many as I have from iTMS. And if a lot of albums start going up to around $13.00 or higher, me and a lot of other people will simply say: F THAT. I can buy the actual CD for that price, and rip it into iTunes at better quality than iTMS provides.
post #10 of 55
This saddens me.

It's not so much the spike in price that bothers me, its the whole branding.

$.99 is like an American standard. When we buy things for 99 cents we feel like we found a bargain. By hiking the price to 1.25~ you lose the entire notion of 'a bargain.' It becomes an awkward amount, that people won't relate too very well...

-Dan
-Dan
---------
"Don't just do something. Stand there"
-Dan
---------
"Don't just do something. Stand there"
post #11 of 55
I hope this is not the case I like the .99c pricing it works welll. If they raise it I would not be able to buy 10 songs a month with my $10 allowance, and apple would lose customers to ohter stores that sell songs for as low as .49c. MAybe the 1$ will be the new standard and record companies will have that amount set to the avverage for a couple of year, therefore leveling the playing field allowing the user choose on service in wihick apple exceeds at.
Your "Cult of Personality in a Vain Effort to Alleviate the Deep Emptiness Living in a Harsh, Cruel Universe" (CPVEADELHCU) continues to grow.
Your "Cult of Personality in a Vain Effort to Alleviate the Deep Emptiness Living in a Harsh, Cruel Universe" (CPVEADELHCU) continues to grow.
post #12 of 55
I could handle the price being raised to $1.00. Or, I could handle paying more if the quality was improved significantly some other value-add was included. Otherwise, as other posters have said, I will just buy far less songs from the iTunes music store. At 99 cents I'll take a chance on snake oil or even buy a song twice (once as a single track and much later as an album) occasionally.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
post #13 of 55
This could be a case of the music business testing the waters of acceptability from the consumer. If it's unpopular, they'll back down. Fer cryin' out loud, the bums are making money from Apple and they won't want to kill a revenue stream in these tight times.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #14 of 55
HERE HERE...

I agree with everyone here! 99 cents is perfect.. anything else and we are creeping back to what started this whole thing, which lead to Itunes being born and leveling the playing field in the first place.... we must personally buy NO SONGS!!!!! if they do this,that will send a clear signal to the wigs at the record companies we must vote with our $$$$$s

and E mail or snail mail the record companies and tell them why we like itunes and why we like affordable music and how it should stay that way,the bastards are saving so much money by making and printing less "Physical" albums anyway...

and now this aghaggghh Byatch!!!!! then download them into oblivion until they change it back........ Itunes works, people are downloading elligelly alot less lets keep it that way.
post #15 of 55
This sucks. Come one ppl, these are files, there is no "we need to highten the prices because of the complex packing" or "We needto pay our PR management stuff more".

They just want more money, for no more value. End of story.

I mean A file that cost me 99c yesterday costs (probably!) 1,29.- now? Sorry, no way.

Vote with your $$s is all I say. That´ll teach them.
Now running on a 20" aluminium iMac (Fall 2008), as well as a Macboook Pro 13" (mid 2009) and an iPhone.
Now running on a 20" aluminium iMac (Fall 2008), as well as a Macboook Pro 13" (mid 2009) and an iPhone.
post #16 of 55
I remember when for a dime you could buy half the planet. I refuse to spend more than a dime on anything

Not saying they're right or that they're wrong to possibly increase prices I'm just saying some arguments are idiotic.
"When I was a kid, my favourite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school, wed all go play in his cave, and every once and awhile, hed eat one of us. It wasnt until later that I discovered Uncle...
"When I was a kid, my favourite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school, wed all go play in his cave, and every once and awhile, hed eat one of us. It wasnt until later that I discovered Uncle...
post #17 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by Telomar
I remember when for a dime you could buy half the planet. I refuse to spend more than a dime on anything

Not saying they're right or that they're wrong to possibly increase prices I'm just saying some arguments are idiotic.

i'm not sure i 100% get your point, but i think that we all realize that prices go up, but USUALLY it's due to the fact that additional costs in manufacturing and/or distribution add up and must be passed onto the consumer. if a commodity becomes more scarce, the price goes up. salaries of maintenance staff increases, costs go up.

problem is that, from what we can tell, there has been no increase in costs for the industry to have the itunes music store running as-is. it's a money-spigot tapped into this magical vault o' money, and the companies want to crank it open further just because they can.

another problem is that there are enough really stupid consumers out there who will continue to buy at higher prices, which will offset those who leave due to the price hike. and they will continue to raise the prices until they witness what they see as an equilibrium (i.e. a price hike loses them more regular users than they retain paying at the higher rates).

luckily, apple holds the cards now due to their market position, but steve have to make some significant moves in the next year to make sure they can't twist apple's arm any more than they have already.

post #18 of 55
IMHO, there will be a two-tier system. $.99 and $1.09. If they set anything over $1.09, they will simply kill the goose. Hey, even bread gets more expensive over time. It is call inflation.

Apple has always been pushing new technology into the field. Do you feel it is time iTune starts selling DVD-audio? Is CD-quality good enough for the general public?

This is a new business model and I sincerely think that the record labels do not fully understand this system. $$$ is the only thing on their mind. Sad...
post #19 of 55
The iTunes competitors would love Apple it raise it's prices. Of course inflation will play a part but so dose competition.
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
Why do so many Sys Admins hate the Mac? . A q u a M a c .
post #20 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by AquaMac
The iTunes competitors would love Apple it raise it's prices. Of course inflation will play a part but so dose competition.

a lot of people are gunning for apple now. everyone is out to bring down the iPod

oops... paranoid attack, nothing to see here, move along
post #21 of 55
I dunno who makes decisions for RIAA but they might be some of the stupidest people in the World. They think jacking up the price won't affect ITMS with the idea that over 60% of mp3 market is owned by Apple and people would buy no matter what. Well, guess what? people buy songs from ITMS because of the PRICE as well as it being compatible with iPods.

I think song price would go up to $1.49. the whole album would be uniform-priced at $12.99 IMO.

a VERY BAD MOVE. I already buy CDs and then import it to my iTunes anyway. It won't affect me.

and I never had problem with copy-protected CDs as of yet. Maybe because I encode it with Apple Lossless?
post #22 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by syklee26
and I never had problem with copy-protected CDs as of yet. Maybe because I encode it with Apple Lossless?

this is just a guess, and i'm not that informed on drm, but i do know the history of companies that try to make new technologies that limit play, they usually gear towards the windows-using market, and our minoruty tends to work in our benefit. in other words, they can't find anyone who knows enough about the mac os to really inflict it upon us.

however, this has been changing since 2000, with the underbelly of mac os x being more exposed.

but hey, if you really want to get around cd protection, if your computer can boot into classic, like mine can, do that and fire up an old version of ituens and THEN rip the cd. no one is making drm to stop classic users anymore,and with the clasic environment frozen at 9.2.2 until the end of time, there's a lot to love about having an dol-school environment kicking around your network somewhere.

8)

post #23 of 55
Outside of literally one or two bands I buy all of my songs over the iTunes music service. I spend a considerable amount on music coming in fits and spurts and found a good number of songs, in many different genres, that I either wouldn't have found or tried out otherwise.

If the price goes up, while I love the service, I just won't be buying as much music if at all anymore.

It comes down to one word plain and simple. Greed. That's all the music industry is because lord knows they don't have an ear for much of the talent out there. Apple managed to do something none of them did or could have done and now they want a piece of the pie so to speak.

And this whole thing about needing other formats and not being able to play the songs on other players is just too damn bad in my eyes. The shuffles are cheap enough and people can spend one extra week to save another $10 on the player. Apple really needs to shove it to these companies. I've never had a problem with iTunes, the service, and for the most part my iPod.

It just all comes down to the almight dollar and greed and I hope Apple shoves it to them even more. Because ultimately any band not on the service is going to lose sales. Being a designer I also KNOW for a fact that many many bands don't get paid and the companies squelsh on the contracts but the bands can hardly do a thing about it. Yet this is allowed and is perfectly fine.
Anthony Schiavino

Designer
Blinding Force Productions
Anthony Schiavino

Designer
Blinding Force Productions
post #24 of 55
Quote:
It just all comes down to the almight dollar and greed and I hope Apple shoves it to them even more. Because ultimately any band not on the service is going to lose sales. Being a designer I also KNOW for a fact that many many bands don't get paid and the companies squelsh on the contracts but the bands can hardly do a thing about it. Yet this is allowed and is perfectly fine.

This is why I'm not planning on buying any songs in the near future. They want my money, they better start listening to what I want.
Otherwise, I get it from alternate sources.
post #25 of 55
Remember that you all are informed, critical-thinking consumers. If the RIAA raises the price of a song to, say, $1.09, the average iTMS user will grumble for a little while and maybe stop buying songs for a few days...and then go back to their old habits. Within a couple months it'll be like nothing changed, and the RIAA will be happy.

Look at gas prices. People griped and moaned when they topped $2 and everyone said they'd boycott. Are people still complaining that gas is still above $2? Are people REALLY buying less gas now?

Higher prices on iTMS are coming. You will complain. Nothing will really change.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #26 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Look at gas prices. People griped and moaned when they topped $2 and everyone said they'd boycott. Are people still complaining that gas is still above $2? Are people REALLY buying less gas now?

well, i see what you're trying to say, but gas is damn-near necessary for living (which is a thread unto itself), so when the price goes up, we can complain all we want, but i can't telecommute, so i have to suck it up.

adding a few cents here and there will push some people back into the p2p arena, and the riaa can sue all they want, but p2p is a pandora's box that cannot be shut completely anymore. the only way to kill it is to offer a better alternative for the target market/violators, and the itms does a halfway decent job of that.

post #27 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Remember that you all are informed, critical-thinking consumers. If the RIAA raises the price of a song to, say, $1.09, the average iTMS user will grumble for a little while and maybe stop buying songs for a few days...and then go back to their old habits......

i was going to make some comment about inflation. but inflation is about 2-3% per year in general in most places.

a 10 cent increase may not be much but it is actually an almost 10% increase in price. bad record companies! *spank*
post #28 of 55
The copy protection on much of these 'CD's is incompatible with the iPod because Windows users that don't know any better stick them in their computers and they automatically run a program to only allow access to DRM'd WMA encoded versions of the songs stored on the CD and not to the normal audio tracks.

It's entirely wrong of the record companies to blame Apple for the CDs not being iPod compatible as it's the record companies that have inflicted this kind of 'protection' on it's customers, not Apple.

There's a simple way around it though - switch off autorun in Windows or hold shift down when you insert the CD. And don't let them anywhere near Windows Media Player. They'll be able to then play the higher quality CD audio tracks and rip them anyway they want.

This is also why us Mac users can rip almost any CD since they almost all rely on running a Windows only program.

The ipodnn.com article referenced states...

"The protection scheme prevents users from importing music onto iPods because Apple's Fairplay DRM software is incompatible with Windows."

...which is frankly nonsense and ipodnn.com should have stated so. Apple's Fairplay DRM software is NOT incompatible with Windows as iTunes and iTMS running on Windows plainly proves. What is incompatible here is that the record companies have chosen a DRM scheme that is incompatible with iTunes and incompatible with Macs and non-Windows computers that renders their protection useless.
post #29 of 55
A marginal increase in price will not cause people to move away from iTunes. Either way, Apple's goal for iTunes is to sell iPods which in turn is to get people to purchase a Mac.
post #30 of 55
Quote:
Originally posted by aegisdesign
The copy protection on much of these 'CD's is incompatible with the iPod because Windows users that don't know any better stick them in their computers and they automatically run a program to only allow access to DRM'd WMA encoded versions of the songs stored on the CD and not to the normal audio tracks.

It's entirely wrong of the record companies to blame Apple for the CDs not being iPod compatible as it's the record companies that have inflicted this kind of 'protection' on it's customers, not Apple.

There's a simple way around it though - switch off autorun in Windows or hold shift down when you insert the CD. And don't let them anywhere near Windows Media Player. They'll be able to then play the higher quality CD audio tracks and rip them anyway they want.

This is also why us Mac users can rip almost any CD since they almost all rely on running a Windows only program.

The ipodnn.com article referenced states...

"The protection scheme prevents users from importing music onto iPods because Apple's Fairplay DRM software is incompatible with Windows."

...which is frankly nonsense and ipodnn.com should have stated so. Apple's Fairplay DRM software is NOT incompatible with Windows as iTunes and iTMS running on Windows plainly proves. What is incompatible here is that the record companies have chosen a DRM scheme that is incompatible with iTunes and incompatible with Macs and non-Windows computers that renders their protection useless.

good on ya aegisdesign for clearing this up. gawd the average consumer is a dumbass. (me included now and then)

it really upsets me. this is their friggin copy protection? autorun to force people to download the drm .wma files? while the audio tracks are still there? this is the most retarded copy protection idea i have ever seen, since the "javascript-windows-update-genuine-check" thing that was "cracked" in 24 hours
post #31 of 55
Yeah, look at the "I'm a dumbass" explanation that Suncomm, the people who supply the copy protection placed on their website claiming Apple are the bad guys...

http://www.sunncomm.com/support/sonybmg/

It even provides a link you can click on to implore Apple to support Suncomm's DRM. ie. They want Apple to support Windows Media 10 'Janus' DRM.

There's an in-depth analysis of this scheme at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/
post #32 of 55
If this story is indeed true, it sounds like the RIAA is trying to squeeze out the concept of "fair use." Taking your songs off the CD and putting them on an iPod is NO DIFFERENT than making a copy of the CD to cassette and playing the tape in your Walkman.

But then again, I'm preaching to the converted here.
post #33 of 55
What's the deal with the Japanese stores "two-tiered" system?
post #34 of 55
Quote:
.......There's an in-depth analysis of this scheme at http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~jhalderm/cd3/

heh..........................
"The PMTC [Professional Media Test Center] determined that none of the ripper programs used in the testing process was able to produce a usable unauthorized copy of the protected CD yielding a verifiable and commendable level of security for the SunnComm product."
WTF?

is it just my paranoia or is it just so convenient that this PMTC
http://www.pimc.be/
has its bank account details listed on the MAIN front page of it's website

making money off suckers, well, i guess where would we be without the gullible public

post #35 of 55
Quote:
Yeah, look at the "I'm a dumbass" explanation that Suncomm, the people who supply the copy protection placed on their website claiming Apple are the bad guys...

http://www.sunncomm.com/support/sonybmg/

It even provides a link you can click on to implore Apple to support Suncomm's DRM. ie. They want Apple to support Windows Media 10 'Janus' DRM......

"Can I transfer MediaMax digital audio files to my iPod?
Apple's proprietary technology doesn't support secure music formats other than their own, and therefore the secure music file formats on this disc can't be directly imported into iTunes or iPods.

While these discs aren't currently compatible with iTunes or iPod, we are actively working on an acceptable solution, and have reached out to Apple in hopes of addressing this issue. To help speed this effort, we ask that you use the following link to contact Apple and ask them to provide a solution that would easily allow you to move content from protected CDs into iTunes or onto your iPod: http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipod.html

Even though there is no direct support on the disc for iTunes or iPod, SONY BMG has worked out a way for consumers to move content into these environments, despite the challenges noted above. If you'd like more information on how to move content to iTunes please CLICK HERE."

Okay, so Apple's "proprietary technology" (ripping standard audio cds to non-drm'ed open codec such as AAC) doesn't support secure music formats (such as suncomms piece of shit) and therefore the secure music file formats can't be directly imported.... etc.

Okay, so SONY BMG has come to the rescue and "worked out a way to move content, despite the challenges noted above (caused by suncomm and SONY BMG and microsoft not APPLE)

"......and have reached out to Apple in hopes of addressing this issue. To help speed this effort, we ask that you use the following link to contact Apple and ask them to provide a solution that would easily allow you to move content from protected CDs into iTunes or onto your iPod"

the poor recording music industry... oh dear... oh they have 'reached out' to the evil iPod corporate dark empire of apple.

"[ask apple to provide].... a solution that would easily allow you to move content from protected CDs into iTunes or onto your iPod"

hmmm.... how about we STOP FUCKING BUYING YOUR EXPENSIVE BULLSHIT ASS DINOSAUR RECORDING INDUSTRY PLASTIC, hmm... let's see, does apple have a way to move protected music content from iTunes to the iPod easily? hmm.... what is it? OMFG IT IS iTMS WHICH YOU ARE NOT SUPPORTING. MOTHAFUCKERS.

i'm so mad right now i'm getting incoherent.

if i didn't know more about the structure of sony's different divisions i would fucking throw my brand new beautiful sony 17" lcd out the window. but it's sooooo pretty....

the content industry dinosaurs are gonna get what's coming to them. this sort of nonsense.... sheesh

okay, there, i got it off my chest
post #36 of 55
The funny thing is, the suncomm protection actually stops you ripping a Sony-BMG CD to many of the Sony minidisks and network walkmans since they only support ATRAC and won't re-rip the M$ DRM.

Sony's divisions must have some massive communication problems if they can't even get their media divisions to talk to their electronics divisions. Still, could be worse, the CD could have 64kbps ATRAC files on it instead of 256kbps WMA.

Pricing wise, I hope Apple will up the bitrate if they do increase prices but I suspect they won't if the extra money simply goes to the record companies.

Most of this furore has been going on for months, if not years, but it blew up again when the Foo Fighters last album came out. Various reports put DRM evasion down to just a matter of holding down shift whilst some people reported that they were still getting jumbled audio without installing the software. I think perhaps they'd installed suncomm or WMP10 which protects the CD earlier and were just seeing the consequences then as Mac owners reported no problems at all.
post #37 of 55
Quote:
...... I think perhaps they'd installed suncomm or WMP10 which protects the CD earlier and were just seeing the consequences then as Mac owners reported no problems at all.

heh. microSoft: install now, pay later. when you least suspect it.
post #38 of 55
Apple won't raise individual song prices. 99 cents is everything iTMS stands for, and if you notice they are raising their prices on some albums to $11-13, which should keep some record companies quiet.
post #39 of 55
this entire thing is the music industry's fault

apple has a great pricing structure of 99 cents that makes the music industry more money per song than physical CDs did.

the music labels making music CDs incompatible with iPods is retarded on their part. they deserve consumers to be pissed off. if they wanted to include copy protection in audio cds, they should have actually gone to apple and offered tons of money to apple to license the fairplay technology.

besides that, ANY IDIOT CAN STOP THE COPY PROTECTION ON THESE NEW AUDIO CDS!! windows users just turn off autorun or hold shift! the copy protection DOESNT EVEN WORK ON LINUX, UNIX, OR MAC OS X!!
post #40 of 55
if only the itunes music store was even more popular, apple could just say "fine, you don't have to sell your albums here, it's your lost profits" but sadly iTunes only accounts for 5% of music sales or something like that.

how about screw this and let's pirate music.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple pressured to raise iTunes pricing in 2006