or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Anyone play with new iBook yet?

Anyone play with new iBook yet?

post #1 of 9
Wondering if there are any cosmetic changes.
Also if the the keyboard "feel" is any different or screen display improved in terms of brightness/viewing angles.
post #2 of 9
Have been using it for a week. I love mine. I didn't follow each revision of iBook in the past, but my sister owns the iBook G3/800. IMHO, the iBook G4 line looks the same since Day 1. I heard Apple didn't change the keyboard and/or screen panel.
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by satchmo
Also if the the keyboard "feel" is any different or screen display improved in terms of brightness/viewing angles.

Cosmetics havent changed, still the scratch prone case and the grainy screen.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #4 of 9
i just bought mine today! it's a great machine. 12" version with 1.5GB ram. Very, very nice
i wasn't following iBooks either so i cannot give you a statement about changes. i think there are no optical ones. i was holding my breath for a powerbook g5 but it never came. that resulted in me buying an ibook which is a great bargain at the moment. will buy a intelpbook next year, though.

the ibook is a great value, reasonably priced machine!
MBP 15" Unibody GHz 500GB 4GB
iPhone 3GS 16GB
iPod nano black fatty 8GB
MBP 15" Unibody GHz 500GB 4GB
iPhone 3GS 16GB
iPod nano black fatty 8GB
post #5 of 9
There were some minor cosmetic changes from the last version of the iBook. One of them is that the keyboard font is different and the USB connector color is grey, not white. That's the only thing I observed as different from the external view.
If I could put a bug in Steve Jobs' office, I would be able to get some sleep!
If I could put a bug in Steve Jobs' office, I would be able to get some sleep!
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by satchmo

The keyboard on the G4 iBooks is MUCH better than the G3 version, the G3 iBooks had very "springy" feeling keyboards.

post #7 of 9
I've had an iBook 14" for a month now and i love it. Not one complaint. Battery life rules.
post #8 of 9
New to Mac OS X ibook 14 1.42 1 GB ram love it !!!!!!
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally posted by xflare
The keyboard on the G4 iBooks is MUCH better than the G3 version, the G3 iBooks had very "springy" feeling keyboards.

Sigh...I miss my 500 G3 iceBook...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Anyone play with new iBook yet?