or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran thumbs it's nose at International Community... Again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Iran thumbs it's nose at International Community... Again - Page 7

post #241 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
You are missing "the better story" and are instead going for "the dry, yeastless factuality."

Should we start a thread?

Yes we should start a thread. I'll let you do the honors in AO, perfesser.
post #242 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
Yes we should start a thread. I'll let you do the honors in AO, perfesser.

Done.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Reply
post #243 of 267
Thread Starter 
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=77411

Quote:
VIENNA: Iran obtained from China a substantial amount of a metal that has many civilian uses but can also be used in an atomic bomb, an Iranian exile group said on Thursday.

The National Council of the Resistance of Iran (NCRI)which is listed as a terrorist organisation by the US State Department, but has provided accurate information on secret Iranian nuclear activitiessaid Iran obtained beryllium from China in 2004.

Beryllium has many innocent uses such as in spark plugs and X-ray equipment, but it can also be combined with polonium-210a substance Iran is known to have worked withto initiate the chain reaction in a nuclear bomb. It is under internationally agreed export controls. Reuters

It's good to know that Iran is getting into the spark plug business.

"Try new Jihad spark plugs"... I can see it now...
post #244 of 267
It's clear to anyone with at least half a brain that Iran is trying to produce nuclear weapons.
post #245 of 267
Oh, look who's reporting, Indian Express! The guys that had the first bomb in the region (discount the Child of US, Yishrael)!

How humane of them to tell us that Iran has bought something from someone and all of this according to this phantom-of-the-opera Iranian 'exile group'! Heck the CIA has no actual evidence of any kind, but hey, don't worry, we got Da Iranian Exilische Gruppen!

How very believable!
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
Reply
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
Reply
post #246 of 267
Quote:
...which is listed as a terrorist organisation by the US State Department...


when did you start hating freedom and loving teh terrorists so much?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #247 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
It's clear to anyone with at least half a brain that Iran is trying to produce nuclear weapons.

Pardon me for shouting, but IT WAS 'CLEAR TO ANYONE WITH HALF A BRAIN' IRAQ HAD WMD.

BAAAAAAAA!
meh
Reply
meh
Reply
post #248 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
http://www.indianexpress.com/full_st...ntent_id=77411



It's good to know that Iran is getting into the spark plug business.

"Try new Jihad spark plugs"... I can see it now...

I just learned that Iran is erecting large buildings. Large buildings can be used as hospitals but a dual use is bomb making.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #249 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
I just learned that Iran is erecting large buildings. Large buildings can be used as hospitals but a dual use is bomb making.

Breaking news: a direct link has been discovered between Iran's current activities and the creation of thermo-nuclear weapons.

Apparently an essential part of building such weapons is the employment of scientists - which significantly Iran has.

But in another chilling horrific development it seems that the original creators of the high level nuclear warheads all had eyes, ears, noses and hands - just like the Iranian scientists do in their so-called 'non-military programme!!!!!.

Anyone with half a brain can see these clear links - let's not wait till they nuke us ffs. Kill those ******heads NOW!!!!!!
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #250 of 267
I just learned that iraqi children are learning math. Now math may be used to do innocent calculations. But it is also used to make the ATOMIC BOMB!
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Reply
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Reply
post #251 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by New
I just learned that iraqi children are learning math. Now math may be used to do innocent calculations. But it is also used to make the ATOMIC BOMB!

Using kids for their evil
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #252 of 267
Wow, a chorus of chuckleheads all singing the same tune.
post #253 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Wow, a chorus of chuckleheads all singing the same tune.

Perhaps its because we recognized the same tune that was used as the Aluminum tubes and mobile lab arguments.

After the Iraq fiasco dual use arguments have to be a bit more substantial than what NaplesX is linking to be taken seriously. X ray equipment sounds rather plausible. Iran health care is qualitatively up to western standards, even if it not quantitatively so.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #254 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Perhaps its because we recognized the same tune that was used as the Aluminum tubes and mobile lab arguments.

After the Iraq fiasco dual use arguments have to be a bit more substantial than what NaplesX is linking to be taken seriously. X ray equipment sounds rather plausible. Iran health care is qualitatively up to western standards, even if it not quantitatively so.

You can't continue using the Iraq fiasco as an argument against action everywhere in the world.
It's getting old.
post #255 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You can't continue using the Iraq fiasco as an argument against action everywhere in the world.
It's getting old.

We learn from history.

Dual use PLUS evil regime don´t mean it is used for the worst. You have to qualify your argument.

The "smart ass" examples we gave are 100% in line with the argument presented in NaplesXs link: "It can be used for good and it can be used for bad. Without checking lets just assume it is used for bad".
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #256 of 267
Iran is trying to make the big one and very close, now do we burrry our heads up our arses or do we do something? I think we should send a stealth bomber to their presidents home and drop a letter that says next time we wont be dropping paper. Stop your nuke program now!
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
Reply
post #257 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
We learn from history.

Dual use PLUS evil regime don´t mean it is used for the worst. You have to qualify your argument.

The "smart ass" examples we gave are 100% in line with the argument presented in NaplesXs link: "It can be used for good and it can be used for bad. Without checking lets just assume it is used for bad".

You learn from history? Is that why Europe didn't respond at all in Bosnia?
Is that why Europe is sitting around and letting Iran get away with snubbing their noses at you?

Iraq isn't history, it's current. It was a mistake and it has no correlation to anything else, including Iran. Iran has reactors, Iran has been using covert means to gain knowledge in making Nuclear weapons.
Not enough for you? It is for me.
post #258 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You learn from history? Is that why Europe didn't respond at all in Bosnia?
Is that why Europe is sitting around and letting Iran get away with snubbing their noses at you?

Iraq isn't history, it's current. It was a mistake and it has no correlation to anything else, including Iran. Iran has reactors, Iran has been using covert means to gain knowledge in making Nuclear weapons.
Not enough for you? It is for me.

So this has to do with NaplesXs link how? We targeted a very specific argument made in one post and you are shooting everywhere (Bosnia? WTF?).

Why did so many people accept the Powell presentation before the UN (including myself)? Because we knew that Saddam was bad and since they have all these proofs of wrong doings it surely looks like he is up to no good and even if one or two arguments (like the yellow cake and the AQ connection) looks somewhat shady its probably is true because it fits the pattern. But if we looked carefully at every piece we finally realized that there just weren´t a pattern at all to fit into. What we learned was to look at each argument and see if it qualified on its own. And the link in NaplesX post just don´t qualify.

And finally, Europe vs. US? I am not a proxy for Europe. Are you Mr. America? Or should we discuss this based on the evidence at hand?
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #259 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
So this has to do with NaplesXs link how? We targeted a very specific argument made in one post and you are shooting everywhere (Bosnia? WTF?).

Why did so many people accept the Powell presentation before the UN (including myself)? Because we knew that Saddam was bad and since they have all these proofs of wrong doings it surely looks like he is up to no good and even if one or two arguments (like the yellow cake and the AQ connection) looks somewhat shady its probably is true because it fits the pattern. But if we looked carefully at every piece we finally realized that there just weren´t a pattern at all to fit into. What we learned was to look at each argument and see if it qualified on its own. And the link in NaplesX post just don´t qualify.

And finally, Europe vs. US? I am not a proxy for Europe. Are you Mr. America? Or should we discuss this based on the evidence at hand?

You dont discuss based on evidence. You discuss based on the Iraq War and American arrogance.
post #260 of 267
Thread Starter 
great news from the peaceful land of Iran:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...252019,00.html

Quote:
VIENNA, Austria (AP) - Iran has pumped out about seven tons of the gas it needs for uranium enrichment since it restarted the process last month, the International Atomic Energy Agency reported Friday. A former U.N. nuclear inspector said that would be enough for an atomic weapon.

In unusually strong language, an IAEA report also said despite its investigation, questions remain about key aspects of Iran's 18 years of clandestine nuclear activity and that it still was unable ``to conclude that there are no undeclared nuclear materials or activities in Iran.''

I'm so glad that the news of the beryllium and this are in no way connected.

I'm so glad that beryllium + tons of uranium gas means nothing. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that Iran is the land of love.
post #261 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
great news from the peaceful land of Iran:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...252019,00.html



I'm so glad that the news of the beryllium and this are in no way connected.

I'm so glad that beryllium + tons of uranium gas means nothing. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know that Iran is the land of love.

Well you know because of Iraq we can't do anything about any threat that ever arises.
post #262 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
Well you know because of Iraq we can't do anything about any threat that ever arises.

Mushrooms are pretty...
post #263 of 267
You two make a cute couple - have you set a date yet?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #264 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
You two make a cute couple - have you set a date yet?

Yes when Isreal gets nuked.
post #265 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Yes when Isreal gets nuked.

Ah, just in time for the Rapture, then!
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #266 of 267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
Ah, just in time for the Rapture, then!

yep a quick one-two punch.

post #267 of 267
Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You dont discuss based on evidence.

Yes I do

Quote:
Originally posted by steve666
You discuss based on the Iraq War and American arrogance.

No I don´t
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Iran thumbs it's nose at International Community... Again