or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Unable to create disk image of audio CD

Unable to create disk image of audio CD

post #1 of 3
Hi all

When I run Disk Utility to create an image of an audio CD to duplicate the option for "Image | New | Image from (select a device)" is greyed out. I cannot reate an image of any audio CD, I tried quite a few that I own. And no, those are not copy protected in any way. I can burn them in Windows XP.

I do not have this problem when I burn an image of a data CD. It is only for audio CDs that this happens.

I could not find any info in the Help documentation for this problem. Can any of you throw some light on this please?

Thanks and cheers

*Edited to add: I run Panther 10.3.9 on a first generation entry-level Mac Mini.
post #2 of 3
Hum, an interesting problem. Maybe Disk Utility can detect a music CD vs. a data CD??? Try making a CD in iTunes and then trying to make and image from it.

Also, do you have Toast? If so, try making an image using it and see what happens.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead

When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I...
post #3 of 3
Thank you Baranovich! No I do not have Toast. I shall download it and try and also try making a CD out of iTunes and check it out.

BTW, this is a new problem for me. When I had 10.3.8, I was able to burn audio CDs without a problem. It is only after 10.3.9 that this problem started.

Cheers
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Genius Bar
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Unable to create disk image of audio CD