or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › What happened to Halo?

What happened to Halo?

post #1 of 5
Hi,

I remember that a year or two ago, there was a big deal about a forthcoming Bunjie game called Halo. Do any of you know what happened to it? I know that the company was bought out by Microsoft, but they promised to make a Mac version.

Any ideas?

Dave
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
_ ________________________ _

I have no signature - Doh!
post #2 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by iMacfan:
<strong>Hi,

I remember that a year or two ago, there was a big deal about a forthcoming Bunjie game called Halo. Do any of you know what happened to it? I know that the company was bought out by Microsoft, but they promised to make a Mac version.

Any ideas?

Dave</strong><hr></blockquote>

Halo's the rage on the Xbox. I doubt they'll be making a Mac version anytime soon.
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no...
"There are two ways of constructing a software design: one way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no...
post #3 of 5
The Mac and PC versions are ready to go, but don't look for them until after the XBox online service is up and running for a few months.

I read that Microsoft is committed to releasing the computer versions of the game, but since it's the 'crown jewel' of XBox, it might be another 8-12 months before you see it.

BTW, it's a fun game.
post #4 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by Fran441:
<strong>I read that Microsoft is committed to releasing the computer versions of the game, but since it's the 'crown jewel' of XBox, it might be another 8-12 months before you see it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Take a look at the Halo box - it says "only on Xbox". As far as I know it means that games with this logo have to be available only on the console for 6 or 12 months. In Halo's case I guess it's 12 months.

Bungie said they were working on the PC and Mac port, and hopefully both are released November / December this year. Perhaps with multiplayer mode. After all, it still should look pretty good after one year.

[ 01-18-2002: Message edited by: FalkoL ]</p>
this space for rent
this space for rent
post #5 of 5
FalkoL- the 'Only on XBox' thing applies only to consoles. Halo won't be on Game Cube, Dreamcast, PS2, etc. But it will be on PC and on the Mac. Time limit has nothing to do with it, but M$ will hold off until they sell all the XBoxes that they can with Halo as the selling point.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › What happened to Halo?