or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush cuts his vacation SHORT! LOL!

Bush cuts his vacation SHORT! LOL! - Page 8

post #281 of 288
Quote:
Originally posted by NaplesX
Is that what you REALLY expect right in the middle of the crisis?

He's already said "the results were unacceptable" and no one's arguing that.

But people keep asking him "WHY" and he can't/won't answer.

I don't really *expect* him to accept any responsibility (as his refusal to do so in the past is legendary), but that doesn't mean I don't firmly believe that it would be the right thing - the honorable thing - for him to do
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #282 of 288
Quote:
Is that what you REALLY expect right in the middle of the crisis?

Damn straight. To give (at least) a shimmer of hope to all those people struggling there while Waiting for Godot.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #283 of 288
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Damn straight. To give (at least) a shimmer of hope to all those people struggling there while Waiting for Godot.

Swift, Twain, and now Beckett - y'all have pretty high expectations for someone's ability to grasp literary references....
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #284 of 288
Even with all the Blame going around why did it take 4- 5 days to respond? Was this Govt 1st Hurricane? Was Govt so wrapped up in its new Beuracratic lets grow Govt B.S. war on terror that it forgot about Hurricanes?

I see a Govt bent on its own Agenda first............Lets get into Iraq and everyone elses business. Lets just face it our Govt prioritys are elsewhere rather then this countrys. They arent interested in manufactoring Jobs for Americans,they arent interested in having a Nation with Borders,they arent interested in Natural Disasters as evidence by their response to this storm. Its almost like our Govt which is elected by Americans goes to work for folks overseas. They Take our tax $$$ and then they go everywhere but here. Its Time the !@#$%^& Politicians start working for the good old U.S.A.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
VOTE OUT ALL INCUMBENTS! Its the only way we can clean up Congress.
post #285 of 288
What gets me about this is that, after 9/11, we supposedly restructured our entire federal government around fighting terrorism and responding to attacks on our cities. This is supposedly our government's great strength now, the one thing that we can do, that we take so seriously, that we've spent so much money on.
post #286 of 288
Quote:
No, the facts have come to light and I think embarrassment has set in.

Maybe not embarrassment, perhaps this bandwagon stalled. Time for a new one.

Oh jeez! You keep telling yourself that.

It might help.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #287 of 288
Quote:
pflam's post just someone typing to see himself type. I will sum up what he said:

your arguments are stupid. Go Away.

Bush is an idiot and it's all his fault.

BTW
Do you think that Gen Honore blames the soldiers under his watch when something goes completely wrong:?

So to answer his question - no he accepts resposibility and punishes those that screwed the pooch.

God Nappy you're sounding kind of fanatical! Calm down! After Bush is gone I'm sure you'll find some other extreme right wing BS to follow. He/she just won't be president.

After all you did get this part right!

" Bush is an idiot and it's all his fault. "

One more thing.....when this : " he accepts resposibility and punishes those that screwed the pooch. " keeps happening people start looking at the leader not his subordinates.
post #288 of 288
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
Swift, Twain, and now Beckett - y'all have pretty high expectations for someone's ability to grasp literary references....

We're just rubbing it in.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Bush cuts his vacation SHORT! LOL!