or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple Should make katrina relief available through the homepage

Apple Should make katrina relief available through the homepage

post #1 of 15
Apple should post a help the Katrina victims button for donations using oneclick. Put the button on the Apple homepage and the ITMS.

Apple did so with the tsunami relief effort and should do the same for those who need our help in the USA.

Seems right to me.
post #2 of 15
Since Apple is an international company they should also do the same for the Iraqi disaster, the 30000 that will die from starvation tomorrow and the 8000 that will die from aids today
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Since Apple is an international company they should also do the same for the Iraqi disaster, the 30000 that will die from starvation tomorrow and the 8000 that will die from aids today

Whatever. It is still a good idea.

In case anyone would like to donate.

Consider www.redcross.org

or www.salvationarmyusa.org/

T
post #4 of 15
post #5 of 15
I really didn´t mean to be rude. Sorry if I came across as that. It wasn´t a dig on US politics (you were talking about what Apple should do, not US) but only on Apple priorities as an international company. In Iraq almost 1000 died today from a terrible terrible accident, reportably set in motion by terrorists.
post #6 of 15
I understand and frankly I agree with you. There should be one little banner on apple's site for different charities. I know that they are a global company with a rabid following. Why not take one little bit of that bandwidth and harness it for some good.

My original point was that there is a huge underwhelming response to a catastrophe at least as large as the indonesian tsunami. Also, many (or at least 10%) of those people affected were Apple customers and or shareholders. A bit of corporate goodwill could go a long way.

T
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
I understand and frankly I agree with you. There should be one little banner on apple's site for different charities. I know that they are a global company with a rabid following. Why not take one little bit of that bandwidth and harness it for some good.

My original point was that there is a huge underwhelming response to a catastrophe at least as large as the indonesian tsunami. Also, many (or at least 10%) of those people affected were Apple customers and or shareholders. A bit of corporate goodwill could go a long way.

T

Listen, Katrina is unquestionably a horrible tragedy, but it is nowhere near the level of the tsunami. I don't remember the exact figure, but I know it was well over 120,000 dead.
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
A good brain ain't diddly if you don't have the facts
post #8 of 15
Also there are huge economic differences between the ciuntires affected. The countries struck by the tsunami needed the help, otherwise thousands if not tens or even hundreds of thousands more would have died. In contrast, The USA isnt as needy.

They were both horific trdgedies, which we can hope will never happen again.

I think having a permenant charities banner would be good an apples siite, also how about when you buy an ipod, $10 goes to a selected charity?

stu
post #9 of 15
Well ya´all check your inbox. Chances are that you have recieved a mail with exactly what TednDi suggested. Looks like Apple are listening to its customers after all.

I´ll hold my comment...
post #10 of 15
There's a Red Cross link on Apple's home page now.

post #11 of 15
it links in to the itunes payservice. Pretty smart. They should make an itunes page for more donations...
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by New
They should make an itunes page for more donations...

Um, I believe there's a button on the main iTMS home page.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
Um, I believe there's a button on the main iTMS home page.

I meant other donations as well. Niger is still a bit worse of than New Orleans.
post #14 of 15
i'm glad apple set it up and sent out the emails. i've been meaning to donate and it made it that much easier. i actually appreciated the email they sent with the link. i hope that it'll get (slow) people like me moving and at least sending a few bucks. yeah, its a terrible thing when my dumb priorities got in the way of helping others but at least i got a kick in the pants from Steve-o and 1-clicked my donation.
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #15 of 15
Good Job Apple!

'nuff said.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple Should make katrina relief available through the homepage