or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Free alternatives to Adobe Illustrator?

Free alternatives to Adobe Illustrator?

post #1 of 8
I am looking for a legitimately free vector graphics program for OSX. I couldn't find one, but I didn't really know what I was looking for either. Basically, I'm looking for a GIMP for vector graphics. Anyone heard of such a thing?
post #2 of 8
Typing "Free Alternative to Illustrator" into Google returned this result:

http://www.inkscape.org/
post #3 of 8
GIMP by far the best soultion.
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
ACTC Certified, ADC Member, & Owner of a ACN....
post #4 of 8
I was wondering this as Illustrator is the only app I use that I haven't found a shareware or freeware alternative for.

I would say that gimp is more a photoshop alternative (as a far as I know) it doesn't do vector based drawing tools.
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by jon-e-orange
I was wondering this as Illustrator is the only app I use that I haven't found a shareware or freeware alternative for.

I would say that gimp is more a photoshop alternative (as a far as I know) it doesn't do vector based drawing tools.

taka, gimp is no illustrator-replacement
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally posted by progmac
taka, gimp is no illustrator-replacement

Gimp isnt even vector is it?
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
You can't quantify how much I don't care -- Bob Kevoian of the Bob and Tom Show.
post #7 of 8
You might also try Expression.

- Jasen.
post #8 of 8
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Free alternatives to Adobe Illustrator?