or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The definitive statement: failure of Leadership
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The definitive statement: failure of Leadership - Page 6  

post #201 of 278
Quote:
Now, you hold a negative view about him on everything because you hold a grudge.

This shit ain't "everything" boy. This is some serious crap and you better refer to it with it's actual name. A failure of leadership.

That's all.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #202 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
I swear, it's not even enjoyable coming into AppleOutsider. There's no true discussion in here. It's just a bunch of liberal vultures waiting to swoop down upon any poor soul that dares have any view not as liberal as theirs.

Yep. Or banned.

Aries 1B
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
"I pictured myself sitting in the shade of a leafy tree in a public park, a stylus in hand, a shiny Apple Tablet computer in my lap, and a pouty Jennifer Connelly stirring a pitcher of gimlets a...
post #203 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
"Hero-worship?" Thats a good one.

No, the difference between me and most of the rest of you here is that I am open-minded enough to judge the president on a case-by-case basis.

How the hell else do you think we're judging him? Seriously. Tell me what he's done right other than galvanize the country in the wake of 9/11? For God's sake, the other night Jon Stewart alphabetized his fuckups.

Is there plenty of blame to go around? You bet. Nagin should have mobilized every school bus in town to get people to the Superdome and to the Convention Center. Blanco should've done something other than either burst into tears or look like she's about to burst into tears. Every MIA fire department and police department should lose his pension.

The President and FEMA have the authority to throw all this red tape aside. They didn't. FEMA re-routed supplies, let supplies sit, refused to distribute them adequately, took meaningful resources and used them as props; the president took up valuable, trained resources to use as props.

Need I go on?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #204 of 278
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
"Hero-worship?" Thats a good one.

No, the difference between me and most of the rest of you here is that I am open-minded enough to judge the president on a case-by-case basis. The tone I've consistently heard here (at AI) is of negativity toward the president because the U.S. went to war and you didn't like it. Hell, maybe you didn't like him even before that. There's a very liberal undercurrent on these boards, so it wouldn't surprise me. Now, you hold a negative view about him on everything because you hold a grudge. As far as you are concerned, he can do no right.

There are many things about Bush that I have major concerns about. Mike Brown (head of FEMA) is one of them. Nominating Roberts as Chief Justice of the SCOTUS is another. I absolutely can't stand Karl Rove.

(gasp!)

What did he say?

In the case of the hurricane disaster, I will hold Bush accountable for his poor selection of a FEMA director and other blindingly poor decisions. I will also hold congress accountable for approving Brown. What I will NOT do is make Bush a scapegoat, singling him out among all those who failed the gulf coast region, just because that's what we do as Bush bashers.

I swear, it's not even enjoyable coming into AppleOutsider. There's no true discussion in here. It's just a bunch of liberal vultures waiting to swoop down upon any poor soul that dares have any view not as liberal as theirs.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread:

Do you who have argued with me about Gov. Blanco have ANY issues with how she has handled Katrina? If so, I'd like to hear them. Many of you say all levels of government have failed, but then only focus on the feds and Bush. What did Blanco do wrong? What was her "failure of leadership?" What about Mayor Nagin?

Yeah its no fun anymore . . . I can't just take my poilitcal side like in the good old days. I mean, maybe these guys are actually talking about some things that have a reason to be brought up?

As for hailing all the good things Bush has done: why don't you start a thread . . . I believe Naples once did that . . . if I remember correctly there were some things on the list . . . yes there were.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #205 of 278
I'm not into partisan politics. I'm not a liberal and I have no affinity for the Democratic party. Criticism of Bush on a case-by-case basis is exactly what I'm delivering.

I supported Bush's efforts to get Bin Laden, including the invasion of Afghanistan. If he ever does anything else right (I'm not holding my breath), he'll also receive my support for that.

Bush's actions directly affected the effectiveness of FEMA, and I'll continue to criticize him for it.

There were failures on many levels of government, but the failures of FEMA are the most catastrophic, the most ongoing, and the most preventable. I'll also continue to insist that FEMA bears the burden of post-disaster relief, which is beyond the resources of local and state governments. Arguments that fault state and local officials for not filing the proper paperwork are, to put it charitably, WEAK in both substance and character.

Those defending Bush right now, look to me like people doing it for purely partisan purposes, because I can't see any other reason for defending him when even top members of his own party are angry at him for the slowness of the FEMA response.

As far as hero-worship goes, CosmoNut, you called him "the great W" so that's what it looks like to me. Maybe you were being sarcastic or something?
eye
bee
BEE
eye
bee
BEE
post #206 of 278
I think the response you're looking for is "Oh shut up. Seriously. Just shut up."
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #207 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by FormerLurker
CosmoNut, you called him "the great W" so that's what it looks like to me. Maybe you were being sarcastic or something?

Yeah. I was.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #208 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Me, mine and what's left of this day-old montepulciano d'abruzzo concur.

I think you made a really good point in the other thread, too: is DHS just bloat? This is one of those times when that whole tiny government (but not privitization/cronyism) thing starts to look great. Midwinter made a good related point, though: it scary when I start thinking that military command is the answer.

Here's another thing, there's got to be a "faliure to render aid" angle here. The same sort of thing where if you are a nurse or a doctor, you're required to stop if you see a car accident, etc. Maybe that truck driver should have made a citizen's arrest.

But you guys are right on the military thing. So, better yet, walk into FEMA (after you disband DHS) with the Red Cross' board of directors and declare some sort of corporate martial law -- until everybody at FEMA gets the same religion that gave the Red Cross it's reputation.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #209 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
...until everybody at FEMA gets the same religion that gave the Red Cross it's reputation.

WTF?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #210 of 278
Speaking of leadership:

"We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it, but God did." -- Republican Rep. Richard H. Baker of Baton Rouge

Apparently, God hates poor nigs as much as this guy.

--B
...


...
...


...
post #211 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by New
WTF?

..."getting religion" is a colloquialism for following a new set of rules, akin to "attitude adjustment".

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #212 of 278
Next year perhaps, the National Hurricane Center should assign Arabic or Islamic names for tropical storms and hurricanes.... it might be the only way of getting the Bush administration to respond in a timely fashion.
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
"We've never made the case, or argued the case that somehow Osama bin Laden was directly involved in 9/11. That evidence has never been forthcoming". VP Cheney, 3/29/2006. Interview by Tony Snow
post #213 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by sammi jo
Next year perhaps, the National Hurricane Center should assign Arabic or Islamic names for tropical storms and hurricanes.... it might be the only way of getting the Bush administration to respond in a timely fashion.

LOL!
...


...
...


...
post #214 of 278
I just heard a good one on 'Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", it's Michael Brown's next excuse!

"How could anyone have foreseen that someone who ordered french fries would have wanted Ketchup too?

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #215 of 278
Hasn't been fired yet. He's been relocated to Washington.

CNN
Quote:
Chertoff suggested the shift came as the Gulf Coast efforts were entering "a new phase of the recovery operation." He said Brown would return to Washington to oversee the government's response to other potential disasters.

--B
...


...
...


...
post #216 of 278

The caption says it all.
post #217 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Outsider
<snip>
The caption says it all.

Uh, didn't this guy just get reelected
post #218 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
I just heard a good one on 'Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", it's Michael Brown's next excuse!

"How could anyone have foreseen that someone who ordered french fries would have wanted Ketchup too?

I liked the joke about how he might not be qualified for a job delivering porta-johns.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #219 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Aries 1B
Yep. Or banned.

Aries 1B


Most of the ones I've seen banned deserved it by their very nature.


That's as in how they were acting.

They wanted to be right so much that they were just plain rude or trolling.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #220 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Most of the ones I've seen banned deserved it by their very nature.


That's how they were acting.

They wanted to be right so much that they were just plain rude or trolling.

the exact same thing can be said for almost everyone else here. a liberal bias thrives here and anyone who argues it is attacked and then when put in a corner and pushed too far and leash out are banned.
post #221 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Bronxite
the exact same thing can be said for almost everyone else here. a liberal bias thrives here and anyone who argues it is attacked and then when put in a corner and pushed too far and leash out are banned.


Well I might say that the example our fearless leader dubbya is setting is a bad example for all conservatives and has been for some time. That's why there's so much material to work with.

Also I remember back in 2001 this place was thick with a consevative, Bush supporting nature. Now some of those very same people are beginning to see reelecting him ( or electing him at all ) wasn't such a good idea. In my book he's bad for republicans, bad for democrats, bad for america.

I wonder what changed for those people?

I'll give you three guesses.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #222 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Well I might say that the example our fearless leader dubbya is setting is a bad example for all conservatives and has been for some time. That's why there's so much material to work with.

Also I remember back in 2001 this place was thick with a consevative, Bush supporting nature. Now some of those very same people are beginning to see reelecting him ( or electing him at all ) wasn't such a good idea. In my book he's bad for republicans, bad for democrats, bad for america.

I wonder what changed for those people?

I'll give you three guesses.

that is simply not true.

This place has always had a very liberal bias, there has always been a select few vocal conservatives and admitted Bush supporters. Yes, there are fewer now for various reasons (AppleInsider is missing a very large number of daily posters from 2001) and the political environment has changed and Bush's performance and decisions have not helped.

That does not change the fact that the liberals that populate this board do many of the same things you accuse the conservative posters of doing. The only thing is you far outnumber them and the moderators share your same viewpoints so it's much easier to ban them or simply scare them off because its just so god damn hostile here.

Everyone here claims to know so much and always be right but very few if any posters here ever look at things from more than their own bias perspective. They disguise it but it's true. You are as bad following one party's views as conservatives are for following theirs. Everyone here claims to be so bright and enlightened but the ability to think on your own and not follow hard party lines seems nonexistent, and that goes for both sides.

Is there no such thing as a moderate anymore? Maybe not in Apple world I guess \
post #223 of 278
Except that if we actually look at who has been banned and why (myself included), we see that your victim complex isn't borne out by the facts.
post #224 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Except that if we actually look at who has been banned and why (myself included), we see that your victim complex isn't borne out by the facts.

How do you see the list of banned people?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #225 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Bronxite
that is simply not true.

This place has always had a very liberal bias, there has always been a select few vocal conservatives and admitted Bush supporters. Yes, there are fewer now for various reasons (AppleInsider is missing a very large number of daily posters from 2001) and the political environment has changed and Bush's performance and decisions have not helped.

That does not change the fact that the liberals that populate this board do many of the same things you accuse the conservative posters of doing. The only thing is you far outnumber them and the moderators share your same viewpoints so it's much easier to ban them or simply scare them off because its just so god damn hostile here.

Everyone here claims to know so much and always be right but very few if any posters here ever look at things from more than their own bias perspective. They disguise it but it's true. You are as bad following one party's views as conservatives are for following theirs. Everyone here claims to be so bright and enlightened but the ability to think on your own and not follow hard party lines seems nonexistent, and that goes for both sides.

Is there no such thing as a moderate anymore? Maybe not in Apple world I guess \

Sorry, in my experience the people most likely to claim to be "independent thinkers" and "non-partisan" and "just interested in the facts" are extremely right wing ideologues who are trying to claim the mantle of "common sense" for their extremist views.

When a Republican administration that isn't really really incompetent and refrains from doing horrifying and tragically misguided things and doesn't seem hell bent on driving the country into a ditch takes office I dare say that conservative posters will have a better time of it, since they won't be obliged to defend the indefensible.

Or to put it another way, what is it about a disastrous war based on lies, fake Social Security "reform" based on lies, Medicaid "reform" that grants pharmaceutical companies windfall profits, energy policy "reform" that grants oil companies windfall profits, a War on Terror that doesn't seem to reduce terror or prepare us for an emergency but costs a lot of money and curtails our civil rights in ways we may never know, the attack on the Geneva Convention which puts US service people at risk for torture and abuse, the attack on international treaties and international bodies of all kinds which isolates the US and makes it harder for us to pursue our interests globally, the attack on science that belittles and weakens the core enlightenment value of independently verifiable knowledge and leaves us at the mercy of faith based world views (hello 1500!), the secrecy, the cronyism, and the arrogant disregard for anything resembling process or compromise, and, of course, the object lesson in NO, just to name a few items, that you find appealing and which haven't been getting a fair airing here on PO?
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #226 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Or to put it another way, what is it about a disastrous war based on lies, fake Social Security "reform" based on lies....

Here's the problem: (two points) you deny the possibility that Bush is attempting to 'drain the swamp' in Iraq, and deny the possibility that Social Security needs reform -- that it's all based on 'lies'.

That is neither helpful nor realistic. In any event even the worst 'liars' have at least half their facts in order.

We've all been over the Iraq situation a hundred times on these forums -- and the reality is that it comes down to the judgement of the administration on how well they have sized up the opposition, Iraq, Islam at large, etc -- and whether they can make things work as a democracy. Outside of that you are left with some fairly far-out blood-for-oil reasons that include conspiracies of unprecedented magnitude.

Based on the Economics texts that I work on, the Social Security issue is not debatable, at least from the question of it's viability. The graphics I've seen Bush use could have been lifted from nearly any freshman Econ text. So if Bush is a 'liar', then our college kids are reading 'lies' across the board.

I don't want to do Iraq or the SS thing again, but there are very good -- in theory -- reasons for what the administration is doing, or wants to do. Now, yes there is cronyism, but that is simply a fact of political life, anywhere at any time. Wrong? Absolutely. Profiteering from a War? Astonishing!! Misjudging foreign affairs? I pray not.

Condemn his reasoning, condemn our moral authority to institute regiem change, condemn the economists who are advising Bush on SS -- but to condemn Bush as 'nothing but lies' has all the intellectual depth of Kanye West's telethon outburst.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #227 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by Bronxite
that is simply not true.

This place has always had a very liberal bias, there has always been a select few vocal conservatives and admitted Bush supporters. Yes, there are fewer now for various reasons (AppleInsider is missing a very large number of daily posters from 2001) and the political environment has changed and Bush's performance and decisions have not helped.

That does not change the fact that the liberals that populate this board do many of the same things you accuse the conservative posters of doing. The only thing is you far outnumber them and the moderators share your same viewpoints so it's much easier to ban them or simply scare them off because its just so god damn hostile here.

Everyone here claims to know so much and always be right but very few if any posters here ever look at things from more than their own bias perspective. They disguise it but it's true. You are as bad following one party's views as conservatives are for following theirs. Everyone here claims to be so bright and enlightened but the ability to think on your own and not follow hard party lines seems nonexistent, and that goes for both sides.

Is there no such thing as a moderate anymore? Maybe not in Apple world I guess \


That quite simply is true!

How long have you been here?

I've been here since before the site went down in 2000!


I remember very clearly all the flak I took for critisizing Bush back then.

Bush is a shill plain and simple and even his supporters are leaving. Don't believe me? Read the polls buddy.

Also the only real hostility I've seen comes from Bush supporters when they're cornered. Then they get nasty and then they get banned.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #228 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
Here's the problem: (two points) you deny the possibility that Bush is attempting to 'drain the swamp' in Iraq, and deny the possibility that Social Security needs reform -- that it's all based on 'lies'.

That is neither helpful nor realistic. In any event even the worst 'liars' have at least half their facts in order.

We've all been over the Iraq situation a hundred times on these forums -- and the reality is that it comes down to the judgement of the administration on how well they have sized up the opposition, Iraq, Islam at large, etc -- and whether they can make things work as a democracy. Outside of that you are left with some fairly far-out blood-for-oil reasons that include conspiracies of unprecedented magnitude.

Based on the Economics texts that I work on, the Social Security issue is not debatable, at least from the question of it's viability. The graphics I've seen Bush use could have been lifted from nearly any freshman Econ text. So if Bush is a 'liar', then our college kids are reading 'lies' across the board.

I don't want to do Iraq or the SS thing again, but there are very good -- in theory -- reasons for what the administration is doing, or wants to do. Now, yes there is cronyism, but that is simply a fact of political life, anywhere at any time. Wrong? Absolutely. Profiteering from a War? Astonishing!! Misjudging foreign affairs? I pray not.

Condemn his reasoning, condemn our moral authority to institute regiem change, condemn the economists who are advising Bush on SS -- but to condemn Bush as 'nothing but lies' has all the intellectual depth of Kanye West's telethon outburst.


I'm sorry but where's the WMD? That's really all anyone has to say to that kind of statement.


And while we're at it where's Ossma?
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #229 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
How do you see the list of banned people?


Look under their name in the member profile.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #230 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Also the only real hostility I've seen comes from Bush supporters when they're cornered. Then they get nasty and then they get banned.

I'm not a Bush supporter (although I agree with about half of what he has done). The low approval rating of Bush is kind of a good thing for the republicans, though, because McCain can come in and be the "just the replacement that the country needs, after 8 years of a slacker president".

Both sides here get nasty, but I would say that the 2 or 3 most nasty people are on the left. My natural and honest opinions are so noxious to them that they go into a frothing frenzy of insults on a regular basis, but I don't mind - it might even be why I keep coming back. 8)
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #231 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Look under their name in the member profile.

too much work - I didn't have the energy to even get through the 'P' section.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #232 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
I'm sorry but where's the WMD? That's really all anyone has to say to that kind of statement.


And while we're at it where's Ossma?

To quote Daffy Duck*:

--ooooohhhhhhhh, no-you-don't, notagain.

*From Rabbit Season

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #233 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
I'm not a Bush supporter (although I agree with about half of what he has done). The low approval rating of Bush is kind of a good thing for the republicans, though, because McCain can come in and be the "just the replacement that the country needs, after 8 years of a slacker president".

Both sides here get nasty, but I would say that the 2 or 3 most nasty people are on the left. My natural and honest opinions are so noxious to them that they go into a frothing frenzy of insults on a regular basis, but I don't mind - it might even be why I keep coming back. 8)


Funny after being called many names by SDW and Naples I just don't see it your way.

Also because Bush is making so many mistakes it's likely the next president will be a democrat. Just like when Clinton screwed up the next election was already decided.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #234 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by dmz
To quote Daffy Duck*:

--ooooohhhhhhhh, no-you-don't, notagain.

*From Duck Season

Well when you make statements like that all you can say is :


" Ababadeya, ababadeya, that's all folks! "
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #235 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Funny after being called many names by SDW and Naples I just don't see it your way.

Also because Bush is making so many mistakes it's likely the next president will be a democrat. Just like when Clinton screwed up the next election was already decided.

"Clinton screwed up", no pun intended?

Maybe our differing opinions are due to the people that are likely to target us. I am targeted by religious people and lefties, so I see them as the most hateful. You are targeted by righties, so you disagree with me.

Probably the distribution is about equal to the population demographics (which seem to be about 70%/30% left/right).

Want to bet $50 about the outcome of the next election? If a republican gets in, I win, and if a democrat gets in, then you win. An independent, libertarian, or green party president means that we both spend $50 on champaigne and cheese.

If Pat Robertson gets in, we both leave the country...
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #236 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
Funny after being called many names by SDW and Naples I just don't see it your way.

Also because Bush is making so many mistakes it's likely the next president will be a democrat. Just like when Clinton screwed up the next election was already decided.

I was wroing -- actually it was from "Rabbit Seasoning" a Jones/Maltese masterpiece.

I'm waiting for addabox to tell me "you're despicable".

Quote:
Daffy Duck: Let'th run through that again.
Bugs Bunny: Okay.
[neutral toned]
Bugs Bunny: Wouldja like to shoot me now or wait till ya get home.
Daffy Duck: [neutral toned] Shoot him now, shoot him now.
Bugs Bunny: [neutral toned] You keep outta dis, he doesn't hafta shoot you now.
Daffy Duck: [with expression] HA! THAT'TH IT! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!
[to audience]
Daffy Duck: Pronoun trouble.
[to Bugs]
Daffy Duck: It'th not "He doethn't have to shoot
[pointing to Bugs]
Daffy Duck: *you* now." It'th "He doethn't have to shoot
[pointing to himself]
Daffy Duck: *me* now."
[with anger]
Daffy Duck: Well, *I* thay he *does* have to shoot me now!
[to Elmer]
Daffy Duck: THO SHOOT ME NOW!
[Elmer shoots him]
Bugs Bunny: [Daffy stops short at Bugs] Yais?
Daffy Duck: [Daffy puts himself back into position] Ohhhhhhh, no you don't. Not agian. Thorry. Thith time we'll try it from the other end.
[to Elmer]
Daffy Duck: Look, you're a hunter, right?
Elmer Fudd: Wight.
Daffy Duck: And thith ith Rabbit Theathon, right?
Elmer Fudd: Wight.
Bugs Bunny: And if he was a rabbit, what would you do?
Daffy Duck: Yeah, if you're tho thmart, if I wath a rabbit, what *would* you do?
Elmer Fudd: Well, I'd...
Daffy Duck: [Elmer points his rifle at Daffy] Not again!
[BANG! Bill falls down and Daffy puts it on his mouth again. To Bugs]
Daffy Duck: Ha ha. Very funny. Ha ha ha ha.

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #237 of 278
beep beep (vroom)
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #238 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
"Clinton screwed up", no pun intended?

Maybe our differing opinions are due to the people that are likely to target us. I am targeted by religious people and lefties, so I see them as the most hateful. You are targeted by righties, so you disagree with me.

Probably the distribution is about equal to the population demographics (which seem to be about 70%/30% left/right).

Want to bet $50 about the outcome of the next election? If a republican gets in, I win, and if a democrat gets in, then you win. An independent, libertarian, or green party president means that we both spend $50 on champaigne and cheese.

If Pat Robertson gets in, we both leave the country...





I do remember I was attack quite often by many people who were just sure Bush's statement about the " Threat " in Iraq ment mushroom clouds. Also I remember being attack on 911 for suggesting that Bush's response then was not as quick as it should be.

Now things have changed.

The big question before the election in 2000 was could Gore handle things like a crisis? People were just so sure Bush would be johnny on the spot. Well that just doesn't seem to be the case. I wonder how Gore would have faired but we just won't ever know.

As you know people when voting tend to judge by personality not actions. You also know that a book's cover has little to do with the interior.


As to your offer I'll have to think about it.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #239 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmac
People were just so sure Bush would be johnny on the spot. Well that just doesn't seem to be the case.

What's weird is that there is no evidence to have ever supported this belief.

Hurricanes? 9/11? Iraq? WMD? CA energy crisis? Forest fires?
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #240 of 278
Quote:
Originally posted by giant
Except that if we actually look at who has been banned and why (myself included), we see that your victim complex isn't borne out by the facts.

Compare apples to apples. Your little one and three day bans are not the same as the lifetime bans given to say, Scott, Applenut and likely NaplesX.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The definitive statement: failure of Leadership