Motorola and Apple today announced the availability of the world's first mobile phone with iTunes, enabling music lovers to transfer up to 100 of their favorite songs from the iTunes jukebox on their Mac or PC to their mobile phone*. The Motorola ROKR features easy-to-use menus, simple navigation and playback, and the ability to simply switch from listening to music to talking on the phone and back again with the push of a dedicated music key.
The new Motorola ROKR (pronounced "Rocker") is available in the following markets:
- U.S. - today, exclusively with Cingular
- U.K. - expected to be available first with Carphone Warehouse in mid-September and with O2, Orange, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile and other top retailers by late September
- France - expected to be available by late September through key retailers
- Italy - expected to be available by late September through key retailers
- Canada - expected to be available in mid- to late-September with Rogers Wireless
- Hong Kong - expected to be available by late September through multiple retail outlets and operator channels
- Australia, Singapore and the Philippines - expected to be available late September through early October through retail and operator channels
- Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and other markets throughout the world - expected to be available in the fourth quarter
"The Motorola ROKR represents the ultimate convergence of mobile communications and music," said Ed Zander, chairman and CEO of Motorola. "Fusing iTunes with your always-with-you mobile phone, we're revolutionizing the way the world experiences mobile self-expression and entertainment."
"We've worked closely with Motorola to deliver the world's best music experience on a mobile phone," said Eddy Cue, vice president of iTunes. "We're also thrilled to be working with some of the largest wireless carriers in the world to bring this pioneering phone to market."
The Motorola ROKR features a color display for viewing album art, dual built-in stereo speakers and stereo headphones that also serve as a mobile headset with microphone. Music fans can randomly autofill or manually fill the mobile phone with playlists of their favorite music, audiobooks and Podcasts from their iTunes library via a USB connection. The Motorola ROKR pauses music automatically when users take a call and offers the ability to listen to music while checking messages or snapping a photo.
Pricing and Availability
For more information on product availability and pricing in each market, please visit www.hellomoto.com
. iTunes for Mac and Windows includes the iTunes Music Store and is available as a free download from www.apple.com/itunes
. Purchase and download of songs from the iTunes Music Store for Mac or Windows requires a valid credit card with a billing address in the country of purchase.