or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › HyperTransport

HyperTransport

post #1 of 6
With all of these space/future references on Apple's home page, I'm thinking that Apple will be releasing the first computers to use the HyperTransport standard announced this past summer.

Just a thought.
post #2 of 6
Sounds good.

SdC
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
My signature irritates people. However, my cat can still jump a watermelon, and the Apollo is the next chip coming to the Powermac line. Although, at this point, I'd believe that Cyrix is the next...
post #3 of 6
Makes a lot of sense. No "personal computer" has gone there before, the overall speed increase of the entire system will probably blow you away and I haven't heard many rumor sites talking about hypertransport actually being included in the new macs.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #4 of 6
I thought the nForce was shipping in Europe alreadu.
post #5 of 6
nForce is shipping in the US too and it's barely faster than traditional busses. It only connects the northbridge and southbridge. Not CPU and northbridge. Performance increases on the PC world have been mediocre at best.
post #6 of 6
intel had plans to license HyperTransport, so i guess it wouldn't be that amazing, tho, you're right it fits with the hype
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › HyperTransport