or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › PC games wish list for OS X.

PC games wish list for OS X. - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Originally posted by Gon
The preference for one kind of visuals is, of course, personal. But I think you are pulling a weird comparison when you put FarCry and UT2004 head to head. I saw barely any vegetation in the screenshots of the level you mentioned. In FarCry you are supposed to be right in the middle of a thicket most of the time, and it's an integral part of the gameplay to look through the plants. The environments are incredibly different. I wonder if UT would look as good as FarCry if it had a level where thousands of big plants are visible at the same time, and you were constantly peeking through them?

yeah i'm finding my tastes with regard to the current generation of computer games are becoming quite specific. like UT2004, needforspeed underground2, HL2, makes me all hot and sweaty. FarCry, serioussam2, doom3, well, doesn't move me. i think it will be hard for me to separate personal taste from technical discussion of the game engines. (edit) in any case i think i have to concede your point about farCry vegetation compared to UT.
post #42 of 53
Originally posted by hardhead
Speaking of space sims... The finest space sim I've ever played was put together as a "mod" project! That is: Babylon 5, I've Found Her. Absolutely astounding...

hey where can we download this to try it out? there's only a trailer on the official website AFAIK
post #43 of 53
Did you look here lad... http://ifh.firstones.com/

It's right there in Download.

Oh, and go to sleep!
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
You know, what's interesting about our country is that for years we were isolated from the world by two great oceans, and for a while we got a false sense of security as a result of that. We...
post #44 of 53
cool ... oh and i just had my afternoon nap, it's 4PM here now. the apple announcement is 1 AM malaysistan time. i think i might just stay up
post #45 of 53
dude, since it IS freeware wanna start a .torrent so that us space sim junkies can try it out? if you have the installer? my connection is so bloody unreliable any http:// or ftp downloads over 20mb always get corrupted somehow. bittorrent works great though because of its excellent error checking and stuff.

i followed the link on the home page to the .torrent file download but it said '.torrent unavailable' or something

anyway, let's consider seeding a torrent of this freeware game so that more may enjoy the good ol' days of babylon5. ah, my hardcore geek days while at college. while others were out getting drunk and having sex, i was watching babylon5. wait. too much information.... and maybe i *should* stay away from too much computer game playin' but ya know, got to put the athlon64 venice overclocked and the 6600gt to good use.
post #46 of 53
I think I'll say Far Cry on this one. Already has a GL renderer, doesn't use Havok.
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Placebo
I think I'll say Far Cry on this one. Already has a GL renderer, doesn't use Havok.

Oh, yeah. Best game ever!
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #48 of 53
Pyschonauts!! I just played the demo on my AMD64 rig. its' *gasp* fun and funny. it would be awesome for the imac/mac mini if they actually had decent graphics cards \
post #49 of 53
Kings Quest II
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by akheron01
Kings Quest II

right on..!!
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by M1C
CIV3 PTW
CIV4
Halo 2

CIV III complete and CIV IV are coming to the mac in late 2005 ealry 2006
post #52 of 53
Civ III is already on the Mac, Halo 2 is xbox exclusive, it's not even a PC game.
"Humankind -- despite its artistic pretensions, its sophistication, and its many accomplishments -- owes its existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains."
"Humankind -- despite its artistic pretensions, its sophistication, and its many accomplishments -- owes its existence to a six-inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains."
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by theapplegenius
Civ III is already on the Mac, Halo 2 is xbox exclusive, it's not even a PC game.

civ III goty is on mac which does not have multiplayer( civ III complete does and so does civ 4, Halo is on Mac so halo 2 would be nice but its not going to happen.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › PC games wish list for OS X.