or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Sorry I couldn't meet the people from Disney.

Sorry I couldn't meet the people from Disney.

post #1 of 42
I know they are one of your most important clients; I know they very much wanted to meet me at this screening in connection with the project you have engaged me to work on, and for which they are paying you a very, very large amount of money, and that my absence was unhelpful, especially as you told them I'd agreed to come.

I couldn't make it; I'm sorry.

You see, I was on top of a cliff on the east coast of Ireland about 40 km south of Dublin dressed up as a nun, having my photograph taken for publicity pictures for a Norwegian dance theatre company who present their plays in gibberish.

Sorry about that.
post #2 of 42
Work problems? Fired?
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #3 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
Work problems? Fired?

Drug problems? Fried?

--B

post #4 of 42
Most strange post of the year
post #5 of 42
No. Dodging work in the most spectacular way of m,y curious career. I'm apparently unfireable.

post #6 of 42
Yay Hassan!
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
"In a republic, voters may vote for the leaders they want, but they get the leaders they deserve."
post #7 of 42
Methinks the original post was meant as a PM or reply and NOT as a new thread.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
post #8 of 42
Oh no, if I know Hassan i Sabbah, this was a public airing of what he did this week. Wasn't it?

Question: did you tell the Disnoids that you were going to be at the meeting?

If no: who cares what a 3rd party told them? Sod 'em.

If yes: you can't be trusted and it will bite you on the arse one ay.
meh
meh
post #9 of 42
Can't be trusted?

Dude, he was on top of a cliff on the east coast of Ireland about 40 km south of Dublin dressed up as a nun, having his photograph taken for publicity pictures for a Norwegian dance theatre company who present their plays in gibberish!

Where I come from, that counts as the very heart and soul of "trustworthy".
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #10 of 42
Then again, I do come from a long line of carnies.....
post #11 of 42
You should have typed it in gibberish.
proud resident of a failed state
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by addabox
Can't be trusted?

Dude, he was on top of a cliff on the east coast of Ireland about 40 km south of Dublin dressed up as a nun, having his photograph taken for publicity pictures for a Norwegian dance theatre company who present their plays in gibberish!

DAGNABBIT I'M JUST JEALOUS.
meh
meh
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by groverat
You should have typed it in gibberish.

Yerf, dammelgot frost obertoom. Inchee yandle hop to best, yun inkle cod offengon et yibber candle hum!
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Yerf, dammelgot frost obertoom. Inchee yandle hop to best, yun inkle cod offengon et yibber candle hum!

Frog blast the vent cores!

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

In our desire to impose form on the world we have lost the capacity to see the form that is there;
and in that lies not liberation but alienation, the cutting off from things as they really are. --...

post #15 of 42
shables! floom rex warnle ible fiiyer pid
post #16 of 42
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

post #17 of 42
damn you guys are so fucking l33t. you all get paid tons of money to do cool geeky stuff and when you decide dancing on a cliff in ireland is more important than actual business-type stuff, you can't get fired. i must be on the right track rediscovering my geek roots... i'll hang out more on appleinsider to try and learn the secrets from you masters. well done hassan. i too will make it some day to Eire and dance naked under the stars around a huge fire with pagans, witches, druids and some drunk catholics.
post #18 of 42
This has become a case of "Leonis dog just barked"
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
This has become a case of "Leonis dog just barked"

A case? Let's make it a jeroboam and call it even.

I actually have no idea what that means.
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Can't be trusted?

and gets you tenure like pronto.
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
--George W Bush

"Narrative is what starts to happen after eight minutes
--Franklin Miller.

"Nothing...

post #21 of 42
Photographs to come. Priceless.
post #22 of 42
Quote:
Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah
Photographs to come. Priceless.

Oh dear Lord.
post #23 of 42
"...on top of a cliff...dressed up as a nun..." Guess that makes you "Nun of the Above."

Thank you. I'll be here all week.
You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.
You can never justify the cost of building a bridge by counting the number of people swimming across the river.
post #24 of 42
my housemate took some photos of me dressed up as a "sexy nun" (i am a guy) for this party i went to in sydney... i am glad i have no idea where those photos are, and that they haven't shown up (yet) somewhere on the internet...
post #25 of 42
Why have you mentioned drugs in this matter, it looks like they have become a very usual topic these days. Anyway where a problem, there a solution, so stop wining and start helping. There is plenty help needed in drug rehab centers.
post #26 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordman View Post

Why have you mentioned drugs in this matter, it looks like they have become a very usual topic these days. Anyway where a problem, there a solution, so stop wining and start helping. There is plenty help needed in drug rehab centers.

The strange, twilight world of the Patented Gordman DrugSearch - no thread is safe.

Pay attention kids - you may think pot is a 'happening scene' but one too many of those reefers daddy-o and you too could end your days like this.......
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #27 of 42
.uǝʌıbɹoɟ sı 11ɐ 'uɐssɐɥ ʞɔɐq ǝɯoɔ
post #28 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassan i Sabbah View Post

You see, I was on top of a cliff on the east coast of Ireland about 40 km south of Dublin dressed up as a nun, having my photograph taken for publicity pictures for a Norwegian dance theatre company who present their plays in gibberish.

That old excuse.
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
We were once so close to heaven
Peter came out and gave us medals
Declaring us the nicest of the damned -- They Might Be Giants          See the stars at skyviewcafe.com
post #29 of 42
Null.
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
<(=_=)> (>=_=)> <(=_=<) ^(=_=^) (^=_=)^ ^(=_=)^ +(=_=)+
Þ & þ are called "Thorn" & þey represent þe sound you've associated "th" wiþ since þe 13þ or 14þ century. I'm bringing it back.
post #30 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordman View Post

go away you filthy drug rehab pushing spammer. we don't need your particular brand of religion here; you are preaching to an empty hall.
post #31 of 42
I fuckin' hate pikeys.
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
"If I had played my career hitting singles like Pete (Rose), I'd wear a dress." - Mickey Mantle
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

.u???b?o? s? 11? 'u?ss?? ???q ??o?

Dude, that is the coolest trick of the year.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #33 of 42
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
Tomorrow shall be love for the loveless;
And for the lover, tomorrow shall be love.
post #34 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Dude, that is the coolest trick of the year.

It's called Flip. Can't wait to use this on SDW.
post #35 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by @_@ Artman View Post

It's called Flip. Can't wait to use this on SDW.

¡spuoɔǝs 5. ʇnoqɐ uı ʇɐɥʇ pǝʞɹɐɯʞooq ı
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
You need skeptics, especially when the science gets very big and monolithic. -James Lovelock
The Story of Stuff
post #36 of 42
Null.
post #37 of 42
We never got the photos.

Hassan?
meh
meh
post #38 of 42
seriously... we need dressitudiness.
post #39 of 42
Oh lord, why in the name of all that's really annoying has this thread been resurrected?

But I am a man of my word. Surprisingly.

Happy now?

Hassan dressed up as nun. Heh heh.
post #40 of 42
are you like a crazy person or something ?
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
Report employers of illegal aliens at (866) DHS-2ICE
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Sorry I couldn't meet the people from Disney.