or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone here addicted to Version Tracker?

Anyone here addicted to Version Tracker?

post #1 of 13
I just read this<a href="http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,50329,00.html" target="_blank"> Wired article</a> about Version Tracker.

I check it out once in a while, but a dozen times a day? Wow!

Anyone else here this obsessed with updating software? I might be obsessed with Macs, but just can't get this excited about updating my software.... fanatics.
post #2 of 13
wow i didn't realize that versiontracker was that big. Personally i visit versointracker everyday. But 12 times in a day is a lot. I would say that @ most i visit the site 5 times in a day. Many of those times are because i'm bored and have nothing better to do.
post #3 of 13
I visit AI at odd times...and Macnn too. I'm pretty addicted to them
orange you just glad?
orange you just glad?
post #4 of 13
I used to have VT as my homepage. I have it right now in my toolbar. On average, I would say I click the bookmark 3 times a day.
post #5 of 13
I've been using VT for years. It used to be set up better.. gave you the ability to copy direct links instead of linkingthrough VT.

The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
The crucial memorandum will be snared in the out-basket by
the paper clip of the overlying memo and go to file.
post #6 of 13
I usually only check out VT once a week.
post #7 of 13
WHat? You can update your software? Dang Tootin!
i am monkey
i am monkey
post #8 of 13
I like to have the latest software. IO always check the comments though to see if the updates have fragged other people. Crash and burn baby! Burn burn fire fire fire! Ahahahahehheheheeeheeheehe!
post #9 of 13
[quote]Originally posted by Cosmo:
<strong>I would say that @ most i visit the site 5 times in a day. Many of those times are because i'm bored and have nothing better to do.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Absolutely love Version Tracker. Now that rumors are slow, I visit it more often than the AI boards. Just like Cosmo, if I visit VT more than twice a day it's because I'm bored. But I visit <a href="http://www.macminute.com" target="_blank">MacMinute</a> even more often.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
post #10 of 13
I'm definitely not addicted, but I do have the search URL in a sticky with the query empty. When I'm looking for something in particular I type the name in and select it, hit shift+cmd+u and omniweb opens it up for me. My favorite use of services so far.

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/mp/new_search.m?productDB=mac&mode=Quick&OS_Filter=Ma cOSX&search=" target="_blank">http://www.versiontracker.com/mp/new_search.m?productDB=mac&mode=Quick&OS_Filter=Ma cOSX&search=</a> [put the app name here]
post #11 of 13
Wow. I myself did not realize how big it was either. I think it sure explains the slow speeds.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
1 Peter 1:6-7
Powerbook G4 12" 1.33ghz, 60gig hd, 1.25 gigs ram.

Powermac G4 "Sawtooth" 400 mhz, 80gig hd, 384mb of ram, Rage 128 Pro graphics.
post #12 of 13
Versiontracker is my default page, cant get enough of it

It truly rocks..
iBook 800 with 10.2.6 - Various PC's with OpenBSD 3.3
iBook 800 with 10.2.6 - Various PC's with OpenBSD 3.3
post #13 of 13
Guilty.

I love Versiontracker. I read every entry, download some, and post feedback on the ones worthy of it.

Versiontracker is a wonderful resource. And I could easily check it 12 time a day, especially when work is slow--like today. Normally I hover around 4-6 visits a day to the Mac OS X page.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Anyone here addicted to Version Tracker?