or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › ODBC in Office v. X

ODBC in Office v. X

post #1 of 4
Ok, so I download this addition that is supposed to allow me access to ODBC stuff which I REALLY need but is it just me or can I just NOT find how to do it?

Does anyone know how to access ODBC?

Mac Guru
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
post #2 of 4
Off-topic, but what does the C in ODBC stand for? Connection?

Is the DB local? remote? Tell us more. BTW, this should be in genius bar, genius
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
No, the bazaar cannot satisfy users. Neither can the cathedral. Nothing can satisfy users, because software is written to enable rather than satisfy, and because most users are mewling malcontents...
post #3 of 4
Open Database Connectivity.

I also thought that the ODBC driver you speak of was only for 2001 not X. Maybe <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/MAC/products/office/2001/ork/Content/ASP/Sharing_Info_Excel.asp" target="_blank">this link</a> will help.

edit: wrong url

[ 02-21-2002: Message edited by: The Milkman ]</p>
post #4 of 4
Hey Genius... it could be in EITHER... it's about Software and about help... CHILL BITCH.

As for your MORE INFO... it's a local Database on an NT network... I use M$ Access 97 in VPC to gather the reports but I want a better way to do it without VPC.

... and yes the update is also for X... otherwise I wouldn't be using it...

Mac Guru
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › ODBC in Office v. X