or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Question for the Brits

Question for the Brits - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
I don't want to eat anything that has "turd" as the first four letters.

Yeah, and the tendency to photograph the thing as a kind of pent-up bursting outward doesn't help.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
They spoke of the sayings and doings of their commander, the grand duke, and told stories of his kindness and irascibility.
post #42 of 53
Sorry but it looks like it should be on rotten dot com
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
Abhor the Stereotype, respect the Individual.
1.33Ghz 15" Powerbook: 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Soundsticks II, 320GB LaCie FW800 EXT HD, iPod 20GB 4G
post #43 of 53
The turducken may have been made famous by John Madden, who likes to show off a six-legged variety on Thanksgiving day [American] football games.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #44 of 53
And then he yells "Boom!" and slams his head face first into it.

It's not exactly "It's a Wonderful Life" but, by God, it's Christmasy.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by midwinter
I don't want to eat anything that has "turd" as the first four letters.

Thus quoth "Mr. Crappie".
post #46 of 53
Spotted Dick for all this Christmas

Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by tonton
Thus quoth "Mr. Crappie".

Heh. Touche. I suppose I just don't make the association, since the word is pronounced as if it were spelled "croppy."
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
Gangs are not seen as legitimate, because they don't have control over public schools.
post #48 of 53
I guess this isn't the time to go into my recipe for a festive holiday Shitake mushroom casserole....
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
No prob.s - digital images are everywhere - they look soooo antiseptic.

Christmas crackers are traditional crackers at Christmas dinners - kids love these! They require a helping hand to pull so it's all joint fun - when the cracker goes 'bang!', the contents are extruded.

Check out: http://www.marksandspencer.com/

this fine British store has a good range of luxury crackers - the hats come with it too. I like Marks & Spencer - their food range has got to be one of the best in the country

Don't forget, crackers are traditionally opened with pudding NOT the start of the meal. I get so aggrecated by people's lack of self control
post #50 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Justin
Check out: http://www.marksandspencer.com/

this fine British store has a good range of luxury crackers - the hats come with it too. I like Marks & Spencer - their food range has got to be one of the best in the country

I meant to ask...how does Marks and Spencer compare to a fine source of food like, say, TESCO?

All kidding aside: my wife and I found a ham and cheese sandwich at Tesco this past summer that we would often find ourselves craving throughout the day. Went well with a bottle of cheap Tesco red wine!
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Skills
Don't forget, crackers are traditionally opened with pudding NOT the start of the meal. I get so aggrecated by people's lack of self control

What if you eat pudding at the start of the meal?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
What if you eat pudding at the start of the meal?

Er... well.. good point.. um... well I meant desert, not, like, Yorkshire Pudding or something and, um ...
post #53 of 53
Quote:
I meant to ask...how does Marks and Spencer compare to a fine source of food like, say, TESCO?

Heh. I used to think Tesco food was awful. They have a 'Tescoes Finest' range which is interesting - a bit too rarefied for my taste. With discrimination, they have some great items in their stocks. Even the newspapers recommends some of their free-range eggs over Sainsburys.

Marks & Spencer is quite special - there isn't much in their food range I won't touch. I've even tried some of their prepared meals which is very unusual for me - and look! I'm still here

We almost always pull the crackers at the start - otherwise we never get the Christmas hats on until dessert.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Question for the Brits