or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › My house closed!

My house closed!

post #1 of 12
After waiting an extra two weeks for some strange loan of theirs to fund, my sale of one of my houses has closed. I've sold it at what I believe to be the top of the market out here in California and now have a lot of extra money with which to invest/buy some toys.

Suggestions are welcome.

Nick

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by trumptman
After waiting an extra two weeks for some strange loan of theirs to fund, my sale of one of my houses has closed. I've sold it at what I believe to be the top of the market out here in California and now have a lot of extra money with which to invest/buy some toys.

Suggestions are welcome.

Nick

"Strange loans" do seem an indicator of peak times. I can't reccomend any stocks, as they all seem to expensive right now also.

Are you going to stay in California?
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #3 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
"Strange loans" do seem an indicator of peak times. I can't reccomend any stocks, as they all seem to expensive right now also.

Are you going to stay in California?

Well I still have four other properties here including the one I am living in so yes, I'll be staying here.

Nick

post #4 of 12
Why not try an IPO? Voyager Pharmaceutical . They have a new compound for Alzheimer's that looks promising. Good cause and maybe a good money maker. Just so you know I have nothing to do with the company or anyone involved with it. I just follow biotech companies.

reg
post #5 of 12
Quote:
Suggestions are welcome.

Me?
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #6 of 12
No. Me.

I'll be your toy.
post #7 of 12
I'd invest in petroeuros.
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by reg
Why not try an IPO? Voyager Pharmaceutical . They have a new compound for Alzheimer's that looks promising. Good cause and maybe a good money maker. Just so you know I have nothing to do with the company or anyone involved with it. I just follow biotech companies.

reg

I haven't looked into voyager yet, and I will now, but I will warn the pharmaceuticals can be difficult, since it takes so long to get through the various stages of approval, during which time something else might come out. So before investing make sure that this drug is through approval.

If you want my advice for a good 5-year stock, look at companies such as Cree Semiconductor, which are in the LED business. Particularly, the ultra-bright, ultra-efficient white LED market.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by BRussell
I'd invest in petroeuros.

Oh lord.

LOL.

There. I did it.

Wasn't so bad.
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by reg

reg

Don't invest in them until they go into phase III trials.
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Well I still have four other properties here including the one I am living in so yes, I'll be staying here.

Nick

Shouldn't you sell them? If the houses in NC were as overpriced as in California now, I would sell anything I wasn't living in.
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
45 2a3 300b 211 845 833
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally posted by e1618978
Shouldn't you sell them? If the houses in NC were as overpriced as in California now, I would sell anything I wasn't living in.

I did buy them at a ridiculously low price however they already give me monthly investment income. I could grab all the money right now but then again, I'm only 35. In California my property tax basis should stay the same assuming I don't sell. Plus I would have to pay capital gains, agent fees, and find a new investment that will earn all that back plus whatever return I need for the future.

I prefer to let them just sit and give me an inflation adjusted "income" when I am older. The market could fall 50-60% from current prices and I would still be okay.

Nick

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › My house closed!