or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Google developing Google Earth for Mac OS X

Google developing Google Earth for Mac OS X - Page 2  

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by PathDæmon
Don't forget area 51: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.27...4383&t=k&hl=en

EDIT: The roofs of the House, etc. aren't censored on Google Earth! Hehehe!

Are you sure that's being cesnored or does it just actually look like that? There's some detail, it's just really washed out.

Also, it's not Google that's censoring the Pentagon, etc... Google gets it's images from the US government.

And yes, the interface is the worst thing I've ever seen in my life. And yes, I have the right to say that even though I didn't program my own satellite image viewer and release it for free, despite obligations to my shareholders.

I remember using Keyhole for PC right after Google bought them out. I remembered thinking that interface was OK, although this was a year or two ago. They're website was beautiful though before it was Googlified. You have to wonder if Google has a single competent designer. Everything they touch is so ridiculously ugly.
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Aquatic
Like someone said, it looks like an open source app. ugly.

Oh, yeah. Blame open source for your UI pickiness. Hell, blame GNU and FSF for whatever reason on earth you find.
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
'L'enfer, c'est les autres' - JPS
post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by Gene Clean
Oh, yeah. Blame open source for your UI pickiness. Hell, blame GNU and FSF for whatever reason on earth you find.

While I disagree with the assertion that open source equals bad UI design, this is often indeed the case. Notably exceptions such as Adium do exist, but are in the clear minority.

http://web.archive.org/web/200310080...cuss/msgReader$173

and

http://web.archive.org/web/200310080...cuss/msgReader$182
post #44 of 50

[Screenshot of Google Earth on a Mac]

It got leaked this morning, it runs very nice on my G5 1.8.
post #45 of 50
Mind sizing that image down? Not everyone is on 2560x1600.
post #46 of 50
Yeah, sorry. I'd put it in a [shot] tag but this forum doesn't support it. I'll just link instead of imbed it..

Here's the page featuring a download link and some info about it...

[anders edit]3rd time: NO LINKS TO THE DOWNLOAD OR WHERE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT[/anders edit]
post #47 of 50
I think it runs good, just as good as it is on the PC. I wont complain on a FREE product.
post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally posted by PathDæmon
I find people's passion about GEß's UI interesting. Tell me, you you hate the Windows interface so much? Because at the moment, they're the same except for the background and sliders.

It's not the interface of the app as such, but the elements.

A Mac OS X app can look and feel like the Windows version and look like a proper Mac OS X app.

Google Earth is using the wrong tabs, the wrong fonts, incorrect spacing around elements, incorrect sized elements and so on and so on.

It is possible to use the correct elements and still let the app have the same user interface (not look) as the Windows version.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #49 of 50
Google Earth feels fine. Stop complaining, you damned UI pansies.
post #50 of 50
I don´t want to continue editing peoples posts here so I am closing this topic...

Google earth beta for Mac Os X is to my knowledge not a public beta. Therefore you cannot link to it or descriptions on how to get it here.

If Google have made it public please sent me a PM where they say so and I will reopen the topic WITH links...
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
This thread is locked  
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Google developing Google Earth for Mac OS X