or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple updates iTunes, QuickTime, 15-inch PowerBook software
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple updates iTunes, QuickTime, 15-inch PowerBook software

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Following its opening presentation this morning at Macworld Expo in San Francisco, Apple issues software updates for iTunes, QuickTime, and 15-inch PowerBook batteries.

All three updates were made available through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism.

iTunes 6.0.2

With iTunes 6, users can preview, buy, and download over 2,000 music videos and hit TV shows on the iTunes Music Store and sync their music and purchased videos with iPod to enjoy on the go. To watch purchased videos, you must have QuickTime 7.0.3 or later and Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.

iTunes 6.0.2 includes stability and performance improvements over iTunes 6.0.1, Apple said in a brief set of notes accompanying the software. The company also notes: after purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to the latest version of iTunes.

QuickTime 7.0.4

QuickTime 7.0.4 is "an important release that delivers numerous bug fixes, support for iLife '06, and H.264 performance improvements." The update is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.

Aluminum PowerBook (15-inch) Battery Update

Apple said Aluminum PowerBook (15-inch) Battery Update aids the 15-inch Aluminum PowerBook battery in performing at full capacity.
post #2 of 10
Streaming to multiple speakers is now included, woo hoo!!

Interestingly, you can choose your computer speakers and Airport speakers.

Even more interestingly, the playback on both are synchronized. From debates of past times, they shouldn't be in sync as the wireless connection has more lag. So does this mean iTunes is compensating for the slight lag. Or has the lag been dramatically reduced?

Either way, why can't I play videos in iTunes and have the sound streamed to my AIrport Express, if the lag is no longer there for whatever reason...
Daniel Tull
Reply
Daniel Tull
Reply
post #3 of 10
Exciting, for I love the suggestions of iTunes. I hope to see this for a while, even though everyone else seems to hate it, but I thought it had more features than just that...

The Powerbook Update is also great, I can change how the computer behaves through the status bar for different power compensations... which is exciting and I can't wait to test out the battery stamina of the new updates.

Fun fun.
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
Reply
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
Reply
post #4 of 10
My battery performance sucks (about 1 hour of use on a "full" charge) so I'm crossing my fingers and praying on my knees over this update.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by CosmoNut
My battery performance sucks (about 1 hour of use on a "full" charge) so I'm crossing my fingers and praying on my knees over this update.

Well I had used it earlier and set it to extended life, after about 15 minutes I check it out and it said c. 3 hours. That's a guess, of course... maybe I'll bench-test it some time.
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
Reply
-Shawn
2.4GHz 24" Intel iMac
Reply
post #6 of 10
Well, I've installed all of these with no problem (had me worried with the "Update: MacNN notes that this update has been pulled from Apple's servers without explanation. Installation is not advised. "). The PB battery update works as far as I know. I wasn't having any real problems with battery life, but coconutbattery went from saying I had 80% of original capacity to 99%. Cool.
post #7 of 10
I've gained a few minutes of battery life. Minutes. Now I can run for a hair over an hour.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by danielctull
Streaming to multiple speakers is now included, woo hoo!!

Interestingly, you can choose your computer speakers and Airport speakers.

Even more interestingly, the playback on both are synchronized. From debates of past times, they shouldn't be in sync as the wireless connection has more lag. So does this mean iTunes is compensating for the slight lag. Or has the lag been dramatically reduced?

Either way, why can't I play videos in iTunes and have the sound streamed to my AIrport Express, if the lag is no longer there for whatever reason...

Where do you find this option? I can not find it anwhere. I have updated iTunes and to 10.4.4.
Thanks,
Macaddict16
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by Macaddict16
Where do you find this option? I can not find it anwhere. I have updated iTunes and to 10.4.4.
Thanks,
Macaddict16

Your AirPort Express needs the latest firmware.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
Reply
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
Reply
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally posted by JLL
Your AirPort Express needs the latest firmware.

Thanks, I had just found that in another thread.
Macaddict16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Apple updates iTunes, QuickTime, 15-inch PowerBook software