or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › My informal MacBook iTunes rip speed tests

My informal MacBook iTunes rip speed tests - Page 4

post #121 of 122
I've noticed random ripping speeds on other computers too. My theory is that some discs just can be ripped as fast. I mean, think of it, you have CD-R media that is rated for 1x-52x or whatever. 5 years ago (or whenever it was), you couldn't even buy 52x media (or it was pricy). I've had some discs that just rip slow, period. It's not just that they rip slow, if I copy data from them it is slow too. Is it not possible that some discs have slower read rates as well? Maybe I'm completely out to lunch but that is one of my theories.

-Percy
post #122 of 122
Got a good deal on an x800 card for my G5. Now that the MacBook Pros are shipping it sounds like its time for an updated report! (Sorry honey, no snuggling tonight!)
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
Download BARTsmart BART Widget, the best BART schedule widget for Mac OS X's Dashboard.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › My informal MacBook iTunes rip speed tests