or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Is Steve Jobs' email address at Apple public knowledge?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Steve Jobs' email address at Apple public knowledge?

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
If so, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to send him a complaint...
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
Reply
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
Reply
post #2 of 33
sjobs@apple.com

Good luck. Keep it really short,polite and most importantly a catchy title. To all those who says he doesn't respond, I have gotten two replies from him.
post #3 of 33
Please empty every other possibility before writing to him. Feel free to post your story here. A lot of us has great experience in communicating with Apple and know how to communicate with them without going to the head.

Why do I care? Because if over used it will dry out.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #4 of 33
Quote:
Originally posted by MajorMatt
sjobs@apple.com

Good luck. Keep it really short,polite and most importantly a catchy title. To all those who says he doesn't respond, I have gotten two replies from him.

I believe Steve@Apple.com also works.
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
Reply
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
Reply
post #5 of 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Messiah
If so, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to send him a complaint...

I agree with Anders, there are much better alternatives / options for communicating your 'complaint' than emailing Steve ! Too bad you didn't share your complaint here? This would be a very good place for you to start . Believe it or not, going straight to the top is not always the best policy \. No offense intended, just sharing my thoughts.
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
 iMac 24-inch 2.16 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB SDRAM
250GB HDD
OSX "Lion" 10.7.1
 iBook G4 - 14"
OSX "Leopard" 10.5.8
Reply
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally posted by MrSin
Believe it or not, going straight to the top is not always the best policy \. No offense intended, just sharing my thoughts.

Actually, going straight to the top usually gets your case accelerated. Even if the big boss doesn't see it, it will be forwarded to someone below him/her by an assistant. Even when it comes from the assistant's office, the underlings take note.
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
Living life in glorious 4G HD (with a 2GB data cap).
Reply
post #7 of 33
yeah, I had to resort to using it as well last year. Got a response within 3 days and the case was resolved in 2 weeks.

Steve himself doesn't read them, but associates do.
The bored one.
Reply
The bored one.
Reply
post #8 of 33
Ya, for technical problems and complaints his helpers will respond but for anything else, he does.
post #9 of 33
Thread Starter 
Well my complaint is that my 30" display was returned under warranty and I got a second hand display in return complete with scratches and the control panel on the side hanging off.

I didn't pay £1849 for a display that looks as though it was sourced from Ebay. I paid out for the most expensive monitor out there, and I'm not happy with being landed with a second hand piece of kit.

Just how much fucking money do you have to spend to get a display that A. works properly and B. doesn't have ill-fitting bits.

They would display a monitor in this state at their Apple Stores so why should I have to put up with it?
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
Reply
OK, can I have my matte Apple display, now?
Reply
post #10 of 33
Quote:
Originally posted by Messiah
Well my complaint is that my 30" display was returned under warranty and I got a second hand display in return complete with scratches and the control panel on the side hanging off.

Have you contacted Apple Care again? What did they say? Ask to speak to a senior person if they don´t immediatly realise it is a mistake.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
Reply
post #11 of 33
His Email is also known as:
steve@mac.com
Keep trying, I know I will!
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

If so, can you tell me what it is? I'd like to send him a complaint...

One complaint? slow day then is it?
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #13 of 33
haha.. his problem happened more than a year and a half ago..
post #14 of 33
I love how people (spambots??) join to resurrect threads from a year and a half ago
17" i7 Macbook Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Mini (early 2006), G3 B&W, G3 Beige Tower, 3 G3 iMacs (original, bondi, snow), Power Mac 7600/132, Power Mac 7100/100, Power Mac 6100/60, Performa 5280, Performa...
Reply
17" i7 Macbook Pro (Mid 2010), Mac Mini (early 2006), G3 B&W, G3 Beige Tower, 3 G3 iMacs (original, bondi, snow), Power Mac 7600/132, Power Mac 7100/100, Power Mac 6100/60, Performa 5280, Performa...
Reply
post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheRock View Post

I love how people (spambots??) join to resurrect threads from a year and a half ago

I love how people (idiots??) join to say dumb things like that in threads from a year and a half ago....

Incidentally, i've just fired off an email to Steve Jobs using the addresses above. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, replys....
You May Not post messages
You May Not vote in polls
You May Not reply to messages
Just get out.....
Reply
You May Not post messages
You May Not vote in polls
You May Not reply to messages
Just get out.....
Reply
post #16 of 33
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #17 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfirehound View Post

I love how people (idiots??) join to say dumb things like that in threads from a year and a half ago....

Incidentally, i've just fired off an email to Steve Jobs using the addresses above. It'll be interesting to see who, if anyone, replys....

Nah, he just clicks on "bounce to sender."
Follow me on Twitter.
Reply
Follow me on Twitter.
Reply
post #18 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacbook View Post

His Email is also known as:
steve@mac.com
Keep trying, I know I will!

Wouldn't be something like steve@me.com now? Or at least in July.
ALTER BRIDGE is the greatest rock band of today. Myspace || Street Team
Reply
ALTER BRIDGE is the greatest rock band of today. Myspace || Street Team
Reply
post #19 of 33
I just sent one off, hope I'll get a reply!
post #20 of 33
I were installing the 2.2.1 update for my ipod touch 2g, and it suddenly stopped in a unknown error (14) and it told me to restore my iPod.

i tried but the same error comes up every time and i cannot use my iPod anymore because the "connect to iTunes icon" shows on the screen of my iPod.
post #21 of 33
I wanted to tell who ever made the iPhone that it's open the world up to me becouse I never got into computers or have one now. Iam 60years old and never learned how to use one. They allways said to turn on tuch any key but I never could find the any key button. When iPhones came out I had a cell phone and all I could was make calls and text with it. Now I can do all with this phone. I don't need a computer all I need is this it let's me out into the world. Before I had to find a 1800 number to call to talk with a place. Now all places and companys everything has a web site or a email to contact even the man that invented this phone iam writing on now. I love it and this is the 3G one I still have the first one he made it was a good one but I can do so much more with the new one. I use it for my boys they live a nother state , I don't get to see them but with this phone I get ptctures ond can send them. He made one grate phone.
So who ever gets this tell him
He Made The Gratest Phone in MY Life Time.
Thank Him
Lilburn
< budcat888@yahoo.com >
post #22 of 33
recently my itunes store account was hacked and charges were fradulenty made. the credit card company took care of the charges which hit my account but that left one open purchase on my account. you all know what comes next. itunes claims they can only close the open balance if i pay for it and they will reimburse me immediately. i no longer trust them with any of my financial info-even for a few seconds. the store help claims that the company only has an automated system to handle the orders and is not able to internally cancel the order. all efforts to deal with apple/itunes store have ended with the same answer. should i email steve yet? what else can i do? the police laughed at me, AMEX said they couldn't help because the charge didn't hit.......etc. and my itunes account is now frozen because the balance is unpaid!
any help would be appreciated-thx
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkdn View Post

recently my itunes store account was hacked and charges were fradulenty made. the credit card company took care of the charges which hit my account but that left one open purchase on my account. you all know what comes next. itunes claims they can only close the open balance if i pay for it and they will reimburse me immediately. i no longer trust them with any of my financial info-even for a few seconds. the store help claims that the company only has an automated system to handle the orders and is not able to internally cancel the order. all efforts to deal with apple/itunes store have ended with the same answer. should i email steve yet? what else can i do? the police laughed at me, AMEX said they couldn't help because the charge didn't hit.......etc. and my itunes account is now frozen because the balance is unpaid!
any help would be appreciated-thx

Definitely contact Apple via Steve.

They have a record of IP addresses of those who used your iTunes.
Which should mean that they can tell that it wasn't you.

After you get a reply, pay the charges as they say, but keep track of what you are doing.

Take screenshots, etc. Create a file for everything that pertains to this case, keep a hard copy of the email. Maybe even have a store manager or whoever as your witness.

In case something goes wrong and you don't get a refund at first, you'll have all the proof that you've done as they've told you, and you'll be safe.



Dan
post #24 of 33
thanks dan,
i'm not well versed in computers. what's a screen shot? and, when you suggest i have a store manager witness the transaction do you mean in real life? if not, how would i do this over the computer? i have kept printed copies of all my communications with the initial rep. and then her manager. none of our communications have been on the telephone, i wanted everything to be in writing.
thanks for your help.
deb
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkdn View Post

thanks dan,
i'm not well versed in computers. what's a screen shot?

Screenshot (aka screen grab) is a snapshot of your screen exactly as it looks...

Press Command (the Apple key), Shift and 3, and a new file will be saved to your desktop, which will contain the screenshot picture.

This way you can document every significant step in making that payment.

You can then print that, if you will happen to need physical proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkdn View Post

and, when you suggest i have a store manager witness the transaction do you mean in real life? if not, how would i do this over the computer? i have kept printed copies of all my communications with the initial rep. and then her manager. none of our communications have been on the telephone, i wanted everything to be in writing.
thanks for your help.
deb

Seeing that you have everything in writing, i guess it won't be necessary to have a witness. The screenshots alone will suffice.

And you'll probably not even need them afterwards, if Apple will make the refund in time.

When you happen to read this, please try to take a screenshot, to make sure it works for you. You should see a new file on your desktop. If that works, you can proceed with the payment whenever you like.

When you will be making the payment, if you'll have to re-enter you credit card number, and that ends up being captured in the screenshot, please open the picture file in some graphics app, and cross out the cc number except for the last four digits, just to be safe



Dan
post #26 of 33


I'd just like to wish him and his family a good day!
The chicks are hot..
The beer is cold...
xxxx
Deep in the heart of Texas....
Reply
The chicks are hot..
The beer is cold...
xxxx
Deep in the heart of Texas....
Reply
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayRobot View Post

Screenshot (aka screen grab) is a snapshot of your screen exactly as it looks...

Press Command (the Apple key), Shift and 3, and a new file will be saved to your desktop, which will contain the screenshot picture.

This way you can document every significant step in making that payment.

You can then print that, if you will happen to need physical proof.



Seeing that you have everything in writing, i guess it won't be necessary to have a witness. The screenshots alone will suffice.

And you'll probably not even need them afterwards, if Apple will make the refund in time.

When you happen to read this, please try to take a screenshot, to make sure it works for you. You should see a new file on your desktop. If that works, you can proceed with the payment whenever you like.

When you will be making the payment, if you'll have to re-enter you credit card number, and that ends up being captured in the screenshot, please open the picture file in some graphics app, and cross out the cc number except for the last four digits, just to be safe



Dan

thank you again Dan ;-)
you have been a great help and a good teacher.
deb
post #28 of 33
Hp hw6915,mda vario, mda vario III navi,mda touch, nokia n93i, nokia n95, nokia e70 or e71, nokia 9300i,sonyerricson P900, P990i, P1i,blackbery 8100 pearl, 8700, 8900, Storm and Samsung Omnia. I had all of these phones, but when i bought iPhone 2g i fell in love with it. It is the first smartphone device with which I don't have to carry my laptop when I go to college. I liked it so much that since then I'm buying only Apple iPhone. I bought iPhone 2g 8gb, iPhone 3g 8gb &16gb and now iPhone 3gs 32gb. Now I've heard from your editor that iPhone 4 will not arrive in Croatia until september, and I do not have anyone in USA who can buy it for me, so I would like to ask you if you can at least somehow manage to send them before? Also, the first two iPhones i bought (that were for the Croatian market) were broken on the same day of purchase, so I had to wait for new one for one month (with warranty).
Thank you!
Marko Stankovic (student of theology)
Vinogradska 36a
51000 Rijeka
Croatia
post #29 of 33
thinking about emailing him to tell him I have some rare never heard in public recordings of the beatles to find out if he would interested in them.

good idea or not to email him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorMatt View Post

sjobs@apple.com

Good luck. Keep it really short,polite and most importantly a catchy title. To all those who says he doesn't respond, I have gotten two replies from him.
post #30 of 33
I have had my MacBook for about a year and a half now. All of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I brought it to an apple store and there were unable to tell me why it just stopped working but were able to tell me what they "thought" was wrong with it. At the store they told me it would be about 280 to fix but then all of a sudden he accidentally unplugged it and was unable to get the MacBook to turn back on. He then told me it was going to be 780 to fix.

I think this is very unfair and want to talk to somebody higher about this. I have taken care of my MacBook and now that the logicboard randomly stops working I have to come up with 780 dollars. I'm very upset and need advice.
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmers44 View Post

I have had my MacBook for about a year and a half now. All of a sudden it wouldn't turn on. I brought it to an apple store and there were unable to tell me why it just stopped working but were able to tell me what they "thought" was wrong with it. At the store they told me it would be about 280 to fix but then all of a sudden he accidentally unplugged it and was unable to get the MacBook to turn back on. He then told me it was going to be 780 to fix.

I think this is very unfair and want to talk to somebody higher about this. I have taken care of my MacBook and now that the logicboard randomly stops working I have to come up with 780 dollars. I'm very upset and need advice.

You should have bought AppleCare. They have absolutely no obligation to fix it for free past the year's warranty. You had a year to resolve this problem of not having a warranty. Quit whining.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #32 of 33
Caution! This is a very old thread.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #33 of 33
so i would like some advice on this. i have a 7 month old MacBook that started having battery problems in July. Afer taking it (four times) to the Apple Certified Support store here in Copenhagen, they told me that I need to contact Apple about getting a new computer for free. Unfortunately, since I bought the Macbook in the states, then I was told that I have to go through the states to get the new one. This is a very good solution for me since I live abroad and if the computer is mailed back to me, it will get caught in customs and I will have to pay the fine. I asked Apple if they would pay the fine, and they said no. I then came up with all kinds of solutions -- mailing the computer through their "support" store here in Copenhagen, plus more, and the Apple representative wanted nothing to do with me and didn't want to listen to my suggestions. He basically told me that they have limited international support and that it wasn't his fault that I chose to live abroad. Well, it wasn't my fault that they sold me a faulty computer. Anyway, the bottom line is that I asked for someone else that I could talk to, someone higher up, or at least someone to voice the complaint to. He told me that he was as high up as I was going to get. All in all, a genuine asshole.

I feel like I have tried talking to Apple and they won't listen. Is this not something I can email Steve about?

thoughts or suggestions would be most helpful!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Is Steve Jobs' email address at Apple public knowledge?