or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I don´t believe in IQ

I don´t believe in IQ - Page 2

Poll Results: What was your result

• 1% (1)
    75-79
  • 0% (0)
    80-84
  • 0% (0)
    85-89
  • 0% (0)
    90-94
  • 3% (2)
    95-105
  • 13% (7)
    106-110
  • 9% (5)
    111-115
  • 13% (7)
    116-120
  • 11% (6)
    121-125
  • 15% (8)
    126-130
  • 32% (17)
    131-
53 Total Votes  
post #41 of 48
Okay, so only a little better than "normal" at 110. But I also had about 20 minutes to go. I get bored taking these tests. I either see it or I don't and I don't have much patience for working it out.

\
The Mom
The Mom
post #42 of 48
Originally posted by Fangorn
Okay, so only a little better than "normal" at 110. But I also had about 20 minutes to go. I get bored taking these tests. I either see it or I don't and I don't have much patience for working it out. \

that is EXACTLY how i felt too ... got 107, stopped after 20something, just randomly mashed the buttons from 20something to 40... i was like, F*** this bollocks.
are there special interesting tests for people like us? i blame music videos, video games, and umm... steve ballmer for my short attention span
post #43 of 48
Real IQ tests are much much harder, not like this stupid one.

Also, some centers take 2 days to get a correct IQ figure...
They said install win98 or better, i installed
MacOSX!
MacOSX!
post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by sternone
Real IQ tests are much much harder, not like this stupid one.

FIrst, what do you define as "Real" IQ test? This one is as close as you can get to
Raven's Progressive Matrices test without being the real thing. Raven´s is known for being one of the best, if not the best, cultural neutral test to measure "intelligence" (intelligence is a disputed phenomenon, but if accepted there it is generally recognized that g-load is what you should measure).

And what is "Stupid" about this one? What are the criteria you use?

Quote:
Also, some centers take 2 days to get a correct IQ figure...

Intelligence is not cell cultures you need to cultivate before you measure it. Its mathematics.
"I reject your reality and substitute it with my own" - President Bush
post #45 of 48
Originally posted by Anders
Intelligence is not cell cultures you need to cultivate before you measure it. Its mathematics.

Awesome! Got my new signature now.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by Anders
FIrst, what do you define as "Real" IQ test? This one is as close as you can get to
Raven's Progressive Matrices test without being the real thing. Raven´s is known for being one of the best, if not the best, cultural neutral test to measure "intelligence" (intelligence is a disputed phenomenon, but if accepted there it is generally recognized that g-load is what you should measure).

And what is "Stupid" about this one? What are the criteria you use?

My academic expierence teaches me that IQ tests take 2 whole days to give a correct figure.
MacOSX!
MacOSX!
post #47 of 48
Quote:
My academic expierence teaches me that IQ tests take 2 whole days to give a correct figure.

For what?
post #48 of 48
Quote:
Originally posted by hardeeharhar
Given the shape of our curve... the average IQ on the boards is 160...

heheheh...

Hell... there arent very many Microsoft users on these forums, so i guess its possible that the average around here is 160
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › I don´t believe in IQ