Originally posted by ibook911
If Amazon gets a shipment in February, you might get yours too. However, Amazon often holds the pre-orders, since they gave you such a distant date they think they are safe with you, and they often ship to new orders first.
Interesting. I didn't know that Amazon would mess with the waiting list like that but I guess it makes sense even if it is not ethical. I guess there would be nothing to stop me from placing a second order to see if the ship date improves and then cancel whichever one is later..
Although, I might just stick with my March 31st ship date just so I can see if there are any further announcements between now and then. If only the ship date was 2 days later since there is a lot of speculation about announcements coming on their 30 year anniversary.
Truthfully though, I would still probably stick with my order since the 15" is really my first choice, I just would feel better about the choice if I knew all of my options since a 13.3 wide screen MBP could make me second guess things.