or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro

Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro - Page 3

post #81 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by thegreatluke
Thanks!

How long did it take to change from "dest sort facility" to "out for delivery" and were there any steps in between?

I have to leave for school in fifteen minutes and I'm really hoping it's there by the time I come back. :P

Bizarrely it took 48 hours, but that may be due to the weekend.

(Still not here)
James Savage - "You can take my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

http://www.blackcat-software.com/

post #82 of 116
It's here!

post #83 of 116
my macbook is here , wooohoo!
post #84 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by Elixir
my macbook is here , wooohoo!

Was it *really* cold?

Mine was so cold it had condensation on it.

post #85 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackcat
Was it *really* cold?

Mine was so cold it had condensation on it.

no, but then again i'm in FL.

i love the package it came in.
post #86 of 116
Gah! I ordered mine the 17th and it hasn't been shipped. ;-) I would like to get it before I leave for vacation on the 3rd of March.
post #87 of 116
I ordered mine on the 14th, and it's not supposed to ship until march 15th, arriving on the 22nd...

I assume that's because I saved 100 bucks by taking two 512 DIMMs instead of the 1 GB, so someone's gotta pop mine open...I plan on upgrading but figure it's cheaper to do it this way and sell both 512s on eBay and buy 2 Gig DIMMs on my own.
post #88 of 116
Mine's here.

The tortoise is dead. Long live teh snap.
meh
meh
post #89 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by Haxz0r Jim Duggan
I ordered mine on the 14th, and it's not supposed to ship until march 15th, arriving on the 22nd...

I assume that's because I saved 100 bucks by taking two 512 DIMMs instead of the 1 GB, so someone's gotta pop mine open...I plan on upgrading but figure it's cheaper to do it this way and sell both 512s on eBay and buy 2 Gig DIMMs on my own.

I ordered the external USB modem, and I got the 2.0GHZ model, which I hope bumps up my shipping.
post #90 of 116
Apple has reduced its shipping times to 2-3 weeks (I think it was 3-4). Does this mean that stores have more of them and newer orders are being well filled?

Thanks,
Henry Ledgard
post #91 of 116
I sure hope so.!.!.!.
post #92 of 116
what's going on with Macmall??
I ordered a 1.8 on Jan 18, with ship date of Feb 21
Then it got bumped to Mar 3 after the 2.0 change.
Now it is delayed until Mar 17??

is anyone else using MacMall?
The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. ~Christopher Morley
The bicycle, the bicycle surely, should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets. ~Christopher Morley
post #93 of 116
My Macbook just shipped,It's now set for a delivery on the 15th

it was scheduled to ship on the 15th, arriving on the 22nd...
five days early!
post #94 of 116
getting really annoyed with apple............how to screw over a costumer!

it would be in store half feb, its half march now......
Mike
Mike
post #95 of 116
I ordered a custom built MBP (2.0 ghz model with 2 gig of ram and 120 gig HD)on Feb 25th and it's still scheduled to ship on March 20th and arrive on March 30th. Bleh...I have forced myself to forget about it so when it finally arrives it will be a surprise.
post #96 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by code mechanic

well, I have to give credit to MacMall, they got the MacBook to me on the 9th of March.
No problems at all so far. The javac compile times seem ten times faster than my G4 400MHz tower at work.
I do hear that sound from the processor, when it is in energy saving mode but its no big deal.

It does get warm though, and I hear the fan kick in every once in a while. But the fan (or fans?) are very quite. I'm very happy with this and hope it lasts me six years.
post #97 of 116
The Apple store has now dropped its shipping time to 1 -2 weeks. They are obviously catching up with themselves now.
post #98 of 116
I don't know how and why, but I ordered yesterday and I can pick it up at the post office tomorrow (it was delivered to my place TODAY but I was not at home). Stock 2.0 GHz model.

Apparently Swiss precision
post #99 of 116
I put myself on the waiting list at the Kansas City Apple store three days ago (for the 1.83), and they called me today saying it was ready and I needed to pick it up within 24 hours. Can't wait to rip into it tomorrow!
15" MBP 2.53GHz Mid 2009, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, sux0rz GF9400, 10.6.x...wish I had the money for a new 15" with the 1680x1050 display...sigh.
15" MBP 2.53GHz Mid 2009, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, sux0rz GF9400, 10.6.x...wish I had the money for a new 15" with the 1680x1050 display...sigh.
post #100 of 116
I am still waiting (in Holland) for my store to call me......

ordered january 19......
Mike
Mike
post #101 of 116
Ordered mine February 19th, shipped March 15th. Mine was set to ship the 21st, so it seems they are starting to catch up.
post #102 of 116
I ordered a 1.8Ghz later bumped up to 2.0Ghz from Macmall on 8 Feb. I ordered with the 7200rmp HD. Originally they told me 28 Feb ship date, then 3 March, then 10 March, then 16 March - oh wait that is today. My account exec won't respond to my emails now. I'm pretty dissapointed with Macmall. I'm interested to see if your 17 March ship date holds up!

has anyone else noticed problems with delays in shipping because they upgraed the hard drive?

Quote:
Originally posted by code mechanic

post #103 of 116
BTO always slows shipping, which is why I had a stock model despite liking the idea of a 7200rpm HDD.

post #104 of 116
Yesterday the delivery time dipped to an all-time low of 7 - 10 days (on the UK site at least) but is now back up to 2 - 3 weeks Either their system is screwy, they got a whole load of new orders in or there is a problem with availabilty of parts???
post #105 of 116
update: My BTO MacBook Pro shipped Friday - should be here Tuesday now.

Quote:
Originally posted by kman
I ordered a 1.8Ghz later bumped up to 2.0Ghz from Macmall on 8 Feb. I ordered with the 7200rmp HD. Originally they told me 28 Feb ship date, then 3 March, then 10 March, then 16 March - oh wait that is today. My account exec won't respond to my emails now. I'm pretty dissapointed with Macmall. I'm interested to see if your 17 March ship date holds up!

has anyone else noticed problems with delays in shipping because they upgraed the hard drive?
post #106 of 116
Ordered and paid on the 9th of March. Estimated delivery date 11th of April. However; I called Sales and they told me that they actually expect it to ship onn the 25th of March. This would mean that I would receive it before the end of the month.

Mine is a 2.16, 7200rpm. So yes; Mine IS bigger than yours! (although I don't feel the need to compensate anything)
post #107 of 116
So I am little bit ticked providing that I am right. Ordered on Feb28 with shipping on March 27. Today they took out the mulah out of my account finally and no shipping info yet. What I am afraid of is that they took it out today which is Friday and won't ship it till it is Monday.

P.S.: Somebody should make such product releases illegal because it should be classified as cruel and unusual punishment to make people wait.
In Soviet Russia Nachos codes you.
post #108 of 116
Just arrived today (holy shit this thing is beautiful).
post #109 of 116
it should be duly noted that shipping time has dipped to 2-5 days which is good. Does anyone when apple charges the money to ccs does it ship it the same day?
post #110 of 116
Ok, it seems like i was on crack yesterday thinking that it was Friday. Friday is today and the shipping information was received by FedEx on Friday 12:54AM. The package will probably get here next Thursday.
post #111 of 116
Ordered 9th March and just got the shipping confirmation in. Should be with me on or before 30th March. Seeing as how The Netherlands is not the end of the world, I think it'll be Wednesday. Happyhappyjoyjoy.
post #112 of 116
Walked into tekserve in NYC on Wed 22nd.

Bought my MBP 2.16ghz 120b hdd 2gig ram and walked out within the hour.

They rock

tekserve.com

The place is an old school mac shop.

...and cocacola is onlt $0.10 in glass bottles from an old vending machine!!

post #113 of 116
Quote:
Originally posted by TednDi
Walked into tekserve in NYC on Wed 22nd.

Bought my MBP 2.16ghz 120b hdd 2gig ram and walked out within the hour.

They rock

tekserve.com

The place is an old school mac shop.

...and cocacola is onlt $0.10 in glass bottles from an old vending machine!!

Dammit, that's almost worth the 4 hour drive to NYC from central PA! Too bad, I already bought mine.
post #114 of 116
Shipping time is now down to "1-2 days" on the US store.
post #115 of 116
I ordered mine on the 15/3 with an ETA on the 11/4. Now, since Apple has changed from 2-3 weeks when I ordered to 5-7 days, should I expect my MBP to ship early ?
In the real world, ignorance is truly a bliss.
In the real world, ignorance is truly a bliss.
post #116 of 116
Yes.

I Ordered on 22/3
Estimated Shipping date was 24/4
Shipped 29/3

I only added the 100gb/7200rpm drive to it.
Shit Happens
Shit Happens
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Shipping Dates for Mac Book Pro