or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Dreamweaver MX Announced

Dreamweaver MX Announced

post #1 of 14
Release info <a href="http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/0204/29.dreamweaver.php" target="_blank">Here</a>
I don't use Windows because I am not fond of blue.
post #2 of 14
[quote]Priced at US$399, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX is expected to ship in May.<hr></blockquote> Well almost. Will ship in may. Something to look forward to. Great news
Lose your dreams and you may lose your mind
Lose your dreams and you may lose your mind
post #3 of 14
you can get preview releases of dreamweaver, fireworks for OS X here :

<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial_download/" target="_blank">http://www.macromedia.com/software/trial_download/</a>
"I like workin on my Mac to jazz. A pianist doesn't spend time peeking inside the piano." Neville Brody
"I like workin on my Mac to jazz. A pianist doesn't spend time peeking inside the piano." Neville Brody
post #4 of 14
edited:

coldfusion has not been ported to the mac but is "supported" in DreamWeaver MX.

grr.

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: bluesigns ]</p>
post #5 of 14
Downloaded the trial but I can't launch this f*cking bastard!
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #6 of 14
Downloaded the DW trial this morning. Gotta love those free trials. It's a good time to be a consumer shopping for software. The installer ran just fine for me. That thing installs a whoppin' 12,000+ files! I have never seen anything like this, not even from Microsoft!

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
post #7 of 14
[quote] coldfusion has not been ported to the mac but is "supported" in DreamWeaver MX.<hr></blockquote>

Don't sweat it - unless you're running the server on a mac, you don't need Coldfusion...just develop remotely using Dreamweaver. If you plug in the settings of your remote server into MX, it will render the pages using the remote Coldfusion just like ultradev...

rr.
post #8 of 14
Post says ANNOUNCED and RELEASE INFO, I never said.......Go buy it, it is in the store right now!
post #9 of 14
Leonis, it won't run on my machine too, both the set-up app and the app itself just quit on start-up!
I can change my sig again!
post #10 of 14
Ah, all it needed was a restart...
post #11 of 14
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>Ah, all it needed was a restart...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Restart doesn't help either
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
post #12 of 14
LOL it probably detects unauthorized beta versions.
post #13 of 14
hehe, i never ran any dodgy betas which have been kicking around the nethernet for the last few months, but i had problems installing it too....

a quick trip to <a href="http://webforums.macromedia.com/preview_dreamweaver_mx/" target="_blank">the appropriate pre-release forums</a> solved my problem - i just did a bit of digging and ended up installing it in 9 then booting back into X. Hopefully the answer you need'll be there for ya ...

Anyhoo, I'm glad I never installed the leaked betas ... this prerelease installer is about 40% larger, and i'm guessing its either more tutorials or better and more extended code ...

Well, I hope so ... oh and the 12k+ files: I saw that too, but the previous DW/ultradev did similar and i think its cos the whole interface is XML driven and the whole app is quite modular. so hopefully all we are seeing here is all the stuff a single app normal installs as the main prog ....

Anyway, I ramble ... time to go play with this beta and see if it'll be worth my money
Nothing but sunshine, it's all sunshine ....
Nothing but sunshine, it's all sunshine ....
post #14 of 14
i installed the new MX on a machine whose date was accidentally set ahead to 2003.

it said the beta had expired. i changed the date back but it won't work.

what it did do though is change every document stored on this dang machine into an MX document which now tries to launch the defunct MX every time i try to open a document.

i feel like screaming at the moment.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Dreamweaver MX Announced