or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 1GB nano technical questions

1GB nano technical questions

post #1 of 5
Now that this new 1GB iPOD was released, I must say that I like it alot, and I intend to buy 1 for my jogging, but I have some questions:

1)What is the data storage technology on wich the 1 GB nano is based, is it flash or hard-drive?

2)Is it completely safe to jog with this device attached to your arm? I mean from the point of view of the vibrations and the shakes during jogging especially if one is really running fast. Could the nano get damaged or suffer from increased usage because of this?

3)What is the usual battery life of a nano?

4)How many ours does the battery last in continous playing?

10x
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Now that this new 1GB iPOD was released, I must say that I like it alot, and I intend to buy 1 for my jogging, but I have some questions:

1)What is the data storage technology on wich the 1 GB nano is based, is it flash or hard-drive?

2)Is it completely safe to jog with this device attached to your arm? I mean from the point of view of the vibrations and the shakes during jogging especially if one is really running fast. Could the nano get damaged or suffer from increased usage because of this?

10x

1) Flash
2) It's safe in terms of you jostling it while running, not so safe for you because of all the crazy baseball bat wilding bully's looking for nerds with iPods on their arms.
3)I've gotten about 8 hours on average.
4)Sorry never done that, the problem with a lot of Music is it makes the listener into the dreaded "must hear next song zombie" so your constantly changing songs like a crack addict adding new crack to his glass pipe (average every 20 seconds).
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #3 of 5
A quick check of Apple's page will answer most of your questions.

http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html

As to actual battery life, I get at least eight, though I have never tried to get more. Enough for a rather decent job, I mean jog.

Apple sells an armband for you to use when you jog... they are advertising it for it. It should be fine, though I don't know as mine is used for my car (I have a long commute).

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

post #4 of 5
Thanks guys.

I am definitely gonna buy one of these.
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis

10x

For 3) did you mean number of charges or number of years you can use it without replacing the battery? I don't think that is known, nor is it the same for everyone.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › 1GB nano technical questions